I hunt Lake Ray Hubbard, lot of ducks out there bolt

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: ArkansasTraveler] #915270 09/19/09 05:41 PM
K
kdub Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Kenmorrow, Ok Im the original poster, right here. I started this post to state my opinion, I haven't bullied anyone. You are the one who wrote to put on your big boy pants and quit whining. Where in any of these posts have I been an internet bully? I think that you are the one who thinks they are the tough guy behind the keyboard. Respect? Some people really are cooler on line aren't they? I bet if you were having this discussion in person with another hunter you would take a different approach than telling them not to be a sissie about it, or would you? Then you would have to take time to stop and think about what you are saying. How about next time you post, you actually make a thought out contribution to the thread instead of trying to be a badass, and guess what, you could still express your opinion.

Last edited by kdub; 09/19/09 05:41 PM.
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: kdub] #915300 09/19/09 06:09 PM
M
Moose K Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I don't really care one way or the other if people name lakes, I'm with Sniper John on that one.

I don't do it out of repect fot the others, but I've had conversations via PM on here with almost all the regular guys telling them where I hunt and vice versa.

I agree that it's better to share the detailed information via PM.

Now, to Ken Morrow.....

When was the last time you hunted public water? Be honest....

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: pigpen] #915360 09/19/09 07:01 PM
L
lakesteak123 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
i agree with not blabbing about the lakes yall hunt. i had hel% a time couple of years ago at a lake out north west of ftw!!! one of the all knowing avery pro staff guys put and article in that paper that they hand out at cabelas. saying that lake-x was going to be one of the best hotspots in north texas!!!! telling everyone that they got limits of specks and mallards at day break. the place turned into a real zoo!!! guys hunting out of red bass boats kinda place! getting to the boat ramp at 4:00am and waiting in line kinda zoo! it was retarded!!! and this pro staffer didnt care because he was probly hunting in canada the next week!

but i do have a question. how would you go about asking questions on here about area lakes? would you say something like "hey does anyone hunt lake-xyz and where at"? then ask for info in a pm?

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: lakesteak123] #915377 09/19/09 07:19 PM
K
kdub Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Yeah I think asking people to pm you if they have info is reasonable.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: kdub] #915378 09/19/09 07:20 PM
L
lakesteak123 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
ok didnt want to step on any toes!!!

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: lakesteak123] #915697 09/20/09 01:13 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
kdub,
kenmorrow posted his opinion same as you. I thought his reply was well thought out. He gave his opinion and backed it up. I did not see it as a personal attack on you. He was giving an opposing view to the dissing suggestion. Lets keep it friendly to discuss the subject. No personal attacks. That goes for Kenmorrow too if he replys to that.

As for his bully statement. It was not to you. If you have been around here very long, in the past if someone did just as lakesteak123 is suggesting. Ask about a lake on this forum. Some of the forum guys would rake that guy over the coals with the replys.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: lakesteak123] #915707 09/20/09 01:20 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted By: lakesteak123
i agree with not blabbing about the lakes yall hunt. i had hel% a time couple of years ago at a lake out north west of ftw!!! one of the all knowing avery pro staff guys put and article in that paper that they hand out at cabelas. saying that lake-x was going to be one of the best hotspots in north texas!!!! telling everyone that they got limits of specks and mallards at day break. the place turned into a real zoo!!! guys hunting out of red bass boats kinda place! getting to the boat ramp at 4:00am and waiting in line kinda zoo! it was retarded!!! and this pro staffer didnt care because he was probly hunting in canada the next week!

but i do have a question. how would you go about asking questions on here about area lakes? would you say something like "hey does anyone hunt lake-xyz and where at"? then ask for info in a pm?

lakesteak123, realize a guy writing a newspaper article is way different than what we are talking about here. Here we are simply talking about someone saying they hunting lake x yesterday, or asking if lake x requires a permit, simple things that give no sensitive information. Stuff revealed in that article just does not happen here. That is what I was explaining that those with kdub's view have bigger fish to kill than some guy asking about a lake by name on this forum.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Sniper John] #915765 09/20/09 02:20 AM
L
Lazy L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Here is an outside view..

I have never ducked hunted before. It is something I would love to do but when I see post like this I feel that I cant ask questions or ask for good info cause:

1. I am going to get no replys at all
2. Someone is going to see me as someone that has duck hunted before and is looking for a place to intrude on.
3. Get laughed at cause I know nothing. (which I dont)

So what am I suppose to do? For people like me I am looking for info so I can go hunting, not to get someones spot, even if I knew where you spot was I wouldnt know what to do!!

So is it best to just PM someone that looks like they know what they are doing?

"Hey running' buddy what'll say to a twelve pack"

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Lazy L] #915868 09/20/09 04:10 AM
P
ProximoMetalica Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Gamefish

I have never ducked hunted before. It is something I would love to do but when I see post like this I feel that I cant ask questions or ask for good info cause:

2. Someone is going to see me as someone that has duck hunted before and is looking for a place to intrude on.

So what am I suppose to do? For people like me I am looking for info so I can go hunting, not to get someones spot, even if I knew where you spot was I wouldnt know what to do!!

I would just grow some thick skin and ask your questions anyway. Make no mistake, you will get razed by somebody, but you probably will also get some good info too.

I know my first post on these forums was a question about duck hunting on a particular lake, so believe me I know how you feel. I got several PM's with info and one from somebody that just wanted to key me into the Lake Naming debate.

I understand both sides, but i lean more towards not really getting too upset about open lake naming discussions on these forums. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Lazy L] #915871 09/20/09 04:12 AM
J
james77351 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Gamefish

im with him on this im new to duck hunting and don't know what to look for when im out scouting. so what am i to do at this point just drive out on the lake and start driving around when you and others are hunting

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: james77351] #915904 09/20/09 04:53 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Where is Skack

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: ProximoMetalica] #915943 09/20/09 05:41 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
[quote=ProximoMetalica}Make no mistake, you will get razed by somebody[/quote]

Sure there is the fun banter. One should expect that with any online forum, but if it is malicious it will be removed.

7. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Sniper John] #916045 09/20/09 01:09 PM
B
Bakeek Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
I understand and respect the fact that a good spot, especially in a close proximity to a highly populated area (D/FW) is a gold mine and should be kept to those who you wish to share.

However...

If its public land, can you really scorn/call out those who do mention specific locations? Its not YOUR land. It is the owner/state's land that gave you and everyone else the privilege to hunt. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but again, can you really tell people to keep public information to themselves? Would you tell your kid he can play soccer if he can figure out on his own where the fields are located, and then tell the kids that told him where the field was to keep their information to themselves?

I do have one thing to say about sharing public hunting spots; this is my first year to hunt ANYTHING. I am not working Monday through Thursday. I see very few people hunting unless its opening day, so moving dove is difficult on my own. I would love to know where there are a good number of dove, teal, duck so I do not waste my time. I will say though that scouting and learning the dove has been half the fun...even though I have had ONE dove out of 30 total hours of actual hunting time (the sights on my gun are twisted ;-).

I still haven't found a special spot of my own, but if the situation presents itself when I do find that spot, send me a PM and we can hunt it together!

The people I have met on the public land and DJ farms are really nice, I wish I got into hunting earlier.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Bakeek] #916097 09/20/09 02:08 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Talking about specific locations really never happens. There are people that get upset at seeing only a major lake name in print, nothing more. That alone is almost always all it takes to get some people freaked out over.

Now if you wanted to say I hunt the third cove on the right from a certain boat ramp, there is nothing stopping you from building a web page about it to share with the world if that is what you want, but it would not be a smart thing to do.

In your case, you find a hot field and think more hunters could help the situation. Probably a better thing to do would be to say I have a great spot in such and such county with lots of birds. I'm hunting this or that day and think we could have a great hunt if there were more people. Who's in, pm me and we will work out the details.

But in the scenario this forum thread is about, in your dove field situation it would be comparable to people becoming upset because you simply said what county it was.

Posting Specific locations rarely happens and when it does it is almost always someone with an agenda.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #916211 09/20/09 04:12 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Guy
Bottom line is, 50% of this forum (based on last year’s poll) thinks it is uncool to name lakes. So if you want to be hard headed and name lakes anway, go ahead, just realize you are dissing half the forum..

time for another poll?

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: ndhunter] #916245 09/20/09 04:39 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
IMO, there is no point. A poll today is not going to stop a guy tomorrow from publicly asking who is the controlling authority for Cedar Creek for example. Each is his own man on what they want to ask or say no matter what a poll says. And it kind of gets into what guy explains with his range of different thoughts where one stands. It is so broad that there is no real line in the sand. It is a privately owned forum, not a democracy. The only exception would be if the forum owner wanted to make a rule that "including your hunting location in any post on the THF is not allowed". Internet forums like this one are for the sharing of information, exchanging ideas, and also in the case of this forum, for hunting related businesses to promote their services.
I don't see JP making an exception by restricting that on the migratory forum.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Sniper John] #916477 09/20/09 08:19 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
This is nearly as good as Antler Restrictions....

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #916483 09/20/09 08:22 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
This is nearly as good as Antler Restrictions....

I was wondering what you were posting over here. roflmao

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: dgilbert] #916930 09/21/09 01:31 AM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Oh my God. I leave town on Thursday and yall fire this topic up. Some internet friends yall turned out to be.

It aint no secret I am apposed to naming the X, simply because of experience. Do it if you want, don't if you don't want. I have always thought this to be true, if your on the birds and you tell where they are at then you won't be on them long. I also believe if your giving the information out on the internet, PM or telephone then it aint that good of a spot to begin with.

Now so far as I remember the argument begins and ends a different way than being stated today. I remember it this way; Somebody names lake X-somebody else flames them or teases them. Somebody else gets on and flames duck hunters in general and then the house burns down.

Of this I am glad, three pages and no real flaming going on. Not bad compared to the past.

My argument has not really been for the specific lake naming. It has always been if I took you and you told where. Anyone who would betray trust like that is disrespectful in my book. No different than if I gave you a gift and you turned around and gave it away. Certainly that person would not be allowed to return.

Yall might think this is weird but I have a system for new boots in my boat (that does not happen too often BTW). They are taken to spot X for the first few trips. Never the first time to the spot. After a series of hunts and they are right for the gift, when there is a spot they get to go.

Rarely will I post a region. Almost never will it be a picture. If I do send a pick then it is back at camp and I don't allow a background that reveals anything.

I know I have joked about drowning folks for talking, well kind of joked. confused2 I aint one to get violent over a spot. Now the ones that brought me in to duck hunting would. If they took a guy to spot X and they found him in spot X without them, oh Lord help him. They were going to get T-rowed right then and there. You see these fellas figured it as outright betrayal and the law makes no difference to them. You would have fared better if you stole their truck. I believe they were right about feeling betrayed but not right to get violent.

The last thing I would like to talk about is the "Stop whining" cracks. If we are having a decent conversation about this for the first time why would you post that? "Go private and stop whining", who are you to tell me or anybody else what to do? What is the difference between that statement and somebody flaming a newbie for asking about a lake? I believe it is statements like that which gets everyone all in a tangle. If you like naming the X then do it. If you don't like it then simply state it. I hunt where I well please be it private or public. To read your statement telling grown men what to do and say they are whining was an insult to the poster.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: wal1809] #916969 09/21/09 01:54 AM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Bob Sandlin
Cypress
Cooper
Ray Hubbard
Texarkana Lake
Pat Mayse
Caddo
Tawakoni
Lake Palestine
Lake Erie
Lake Superior
Lake Huron
Salt Lake
Humble Lake
Turner Lake
Clarksville City Lake
North Lake
South Lake
Ray Roberts
Lake Travis
Lake of the Pines
Land of Lakes
Crystal Lake
Lake Granbury
Benbrook Lake
Joe Pool
Possum Kingdom
Proctor Lake
Texoma
Lake Whitney

#sigline
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: #Hayraker] #917091 09/21/09 02:45 AM
C
cforand1293 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: hayraker
Bob Sandlin
Cypress
Cooper
Ray Hubbard
Texarkana Lake?????????????????????????????????????????
Pat Mayse
Caddo
Tawakoni
Lake Palestine
Lake Erie
Lake Superior
Lake Huron
Salt Lake
Humble Lake
Turner Lake
Clarksville City Lake
North Lake
South Lake
Ray Roberts
Lake Travis
Lake of the Pines
Land of Lakes
Crystal Lake
Lake Granbury
Benbrook Lake
Joe Pool
Possum Kingdom
Proctor Lake
Texoma
Lake Whitney

is that a new lake?

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: cforand1293] #917532 09/21/09 12:33 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Wright Patman Lake is located in the beautiful piney woods of northeast Texas and was formerly known as Texarkana Lake until 1973 when President Nixon officially designated the project, "Wright Patman Dam and Lake," in honor of Congressman Patman of the First Congressional District of Texas.

#sigline
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: #Hayraker] #917607 09/21/09 01:29 PM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I actually came on here today to see if anyone named the lake I hunted over the weekend. I didn't see a single bird and I didn't hear a single shot. I was wondering if it was just me.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: stinkbelly] #917701 09/21/09 02:26 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I have not been duck hunting that long, went on my first duck hunt 2003, a friend showed me that spot. After that, I found all my own spots as a rookie. Over the last 6 years, I have been shown a few spots by friends, but that is a drop in the bucket to all the spots I found on my own. The only reason I hunt public is the challenge of finding the ducks thru scouting. If you are not willing to scout and put the work in, then that tells me you are just a shooter and not a waterfowler. I would never go on a forum asking for information on where to kill ducks,. never have and never will, I got more pride than that. But that is just me.

My son was telling me the other day how you can get on the internet and find all the “codes” to unlock features on some of his x-box games vs earning it with high scores etc... I said “why you want to do that? That is cheating.” That’s the problem with today’s kids, they are all looking for the easy button.

I known, here come all the posts “I was not looking for a specific spot, just some direction”, yeah yeah whatever..

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide