Does anybody hunt Truscott?

I Have.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: yentzen] #913504 09/18/09 03:02 PM
K
karhunts Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K
Used to be a great lake to hunt, my band from there was just a year later yentzen. You want to see barneylicious action, go to truscott the opening of High Plains. Some of the stuff will amaze you. roflmao whip

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #913517 09/18/09 03:10 PM
H
hiodon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Guy
Bottom line is, 50% of this forum (based on last year’s poll) thinks it is uncool to name lakes. So if you want to be hard headed and name lakes anway, go ahead, just realize you are dissing half the forum..

So does that mean the non-lake namers are dissing the other half of the forum?

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #913522 09/18/09 03:14 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
just realize you are dissing half the forum..

So which side do you sit on Guy? grin

We got a hot one America! Don't be dissin' homies on this forum dog...WORD!!!

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: hiodon] #913528 09/18/09 03:16 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Better to be dissed on than dissed off. hammer

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: hiodon] #913540 09/18/09 03:21 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: hiodon
Bottom line is, 50% of this forum (based on last year's poll) thinks it is uncool to name lakes. So if you want to be hard headed and name lakes anway, go ahead, just realize you are dissing half the forum..

So does that mean the non-lake namers are dissing the other half of the forum?

If you do not name lakes, you are not dissing anyone.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Txduckman] #913545 09/18/09 03:23 PM
C
cable Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I don't. I agree with K-dub. Used to name them. Used to have a couple great spots too. Those spots have been semi-retired. More as a result of d-bags hearing my gun shots and then driving heading my way after they get skunked to grill me when I walk out.

That is why my strap now goes into the middle of my decoy bag. If a some lazy barney asks me how I did, I tell him that I didn't shoot anything and that I was shooting at doves that were passing by.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: cable] #913706 09/18/09 04:17 PM
D
Duck Slayer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I know that if I went out, scouted around and found some killer spots then I find out people are bragging about how good the huntin is there and announcing it to the world i would be angered. more people get on and read these forums and posts than I think we realize, take me for example, i just joined THF and I know more information about good places to hunt around here by just reading posts than I could ever find out, I think thats awesome but I also think people shouldn't advertise lakes by naming them more than TPWD's public land hunting booklet or any other organization already does. Let people find out for themselves where the good spots are, thats why its called hunting!

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Duck Slayer] #913765 09/18/09 04:42 PM
D
ducksmasher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: ducksmasher] #914266 09/18/09 09:30 PM
P
Perkjerker Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
P
This is like the movie with bill murray-GROUNDHOG DAY... you guys hammer out the same conversation every October.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Perkjerker] #914357 09/18/09 10:34 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Yep, surprised it took this long. All good. So far everyone kept it to a separate post and other than Guy dissing me everyone has been friendly about each other's view on it.

As it comes up over the season, I will try to merge the posts with this thread so it does not take over other unrelated threads like in past years.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Sniper John] #914486 09/19/09 12:19 AM
I
Internet Scouter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
I think the whole subject is hilarious. If anyone thinks for one minute that every square inch of a public lake hasnt been seen by someone they are nuts. Most of the guys setting up next to you are hearing you shoot not getting your location off the internet.

Besides its PUBLIC. No one gets mad when there public golf course gets discovered by the general population and gets crowded so whats the difference.

Ever tell anyone about a great new resturant? Friggin resturant namers.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Perkjerker] #914667 09/19/09 02:19 AM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: PerkJerker
This is like the movie with bill murray-GROUNDHOG DAY... you guys hammer out the same conversation every October.

In an effort to change things up, it was voted on, and the votes for September won, that the conversataion would occur in September.

[Linked Image]
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #914692 09/19/09 02:42 AM
K
kenmorrow Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Bottom line is, 50% of this forum (based on last year’s poll) thinks it is uncool to name lakes. So if you want to be hard headed and name lakes anway, go ahead, just realize you are dissing half the forum..

so the other half just don't mind? or do they WANT us to name lakes? grin

i'm a professional outdoor journalist, so this discussion is pretty much completely irrelevant to me. but i still find it hilarious. rofl

sniper john seems to have both feet on terra firma and his head screwed on straight. up

the internet is a PUBLIC information superhighway and you're hunting PUBLIC water/land. and you somehow think that when you go scout a place it gives you some bizarre "right" to it? let's talk about respect...

i respect others enough not to try and dictate their behavior to them so long as what they are doing isn't illegal or unethical. i respect people enough not to be a bully. i respect myself enough not to be an internet bully who is a helluva lot tougher behind a keyboard than i'd ever dare be in person. and i respect freedom of expression and freedom of movement (rights guaranteed in the constitution) enough not to try and tell people they can't SAY things or GO places because it somehow inconveniences me. flag

if you want to hunt ducks on public water, put your big boy pants on and quit whining about your competition. i guided and outfitted duck hunts on public water for years and never had a problem with knuckleheads screwing up my hunts...even in texas. maybe you're not doing as much "work" as you think you are. violin

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Hopedale] #914710 09/19/09 02:53 AM
N
No Choke Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Ughhh...My name is NoChoke...and...well, I'm a Lake namer eek
If you get to my spot before I do...then give a report w/pics on here.

[Linked Image]
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: kenmorrow] #914722 09/19/09 03:01 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kenmorrow
Bottom line is, 50% of this forum (based on last year's poll) thinks it is uncool to name lakes. So if you want to be hard headed and name lakes anway, go ahead, just realize you are dissing half the forum..

so the other half just don't mind? or do they WANT us to name lakes? grin

Not sure I understand your question, but my comment is simply stating a fact base on poll I did last year. It is what it is, I'm not bully anyone, names lakes all you want.

I have not done a poll on this, but I bet at lease half the forum thinks it is uncool to fart in the elevator too, and the other half thinks it is funny and ok. So I can tell you based on this, farting in the elevator will piss off half the people in the elevator, am I being a bully here by saying this? No just stating a fact. So name lakes on public internet forums and fart in elevators all you want, knock yourself out. I'll be hunting private all season, at least on the weekends.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #914734 09/19/09 03:11 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I will say this, name lakes all you want, but start your own thread/discussion about the lake, do not hijack someone else’s thread with lake naming. For example, someone makes a thread about their hunt, and you want to be cute and guess where this person was hunting, many do that, just to get under the skin of the poster and trun the thread upside down into a lake naming thread debate, that is very uncool, and that is trolling and breaks the rules.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #914779 09/19/09 03:35 AM
D
Duck Slayer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I dont understand why people need to name the lake in the first place, unless theyre just curious about information, I think (just my opinion) that if somebody is going to post a pic of 5 guys that shot there limits in 10 minutes with a lanyard full of mallards and pintails they should just say had a good hunt today...period the end.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Duck Slayer] #914784 09/19/09 03:38 AM
D
DuckSurgeon Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
AGREED!!!!!!!! ^^ duck slayer owns!!!

"WHACK EM AND STACK EM"

Sig Images to be no more than 125 pixals tall by 600 wide. See Rule 17
Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #914803 09/19/09 03:57 AM
K
kenmorrow Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
actually, guy, i was only referring to your post with my questions. the rest was to the original poster who WAS telling everyone not to name lakes.

as to your next post, i completely agree with you. if a poster doesn't want to say where he was hunting, that's his right. and nobody else should bust them out to the world. that IS disrespectful.

then again, if i want to post my grip-n-grin hero shots all over the world wide web and yet expect anonymity, i'm really kidding myself. it's just not going to happen. i've found peace of mind to be largely dependent upon the skillful and relentless management of expectations.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Duck Slayer] #914813 09/19/09 04:12 AM
K
kenmorrow Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
if i'm hunting/fishing public (as a non-journalist), i can guarantee you i'm not posting pics and reports on the internet bragging about how well i'm doing and then giving out the gps coordinates to my spots and access points. you danged right!

but to say, "had a good duck hunt yesterday on toledo bend" is still a pretty freaking useless statement to anyone who doesn't already know my hunting spots. sort of depends on the size of the lake we're talking about, don't it? that's sort of like saying, "i caught a new world record redfish in the laguna madre yesterday." not exactly putting an X on the spot if ya know what i mean. on the other hand, if i say, "wow! we burned those ducks up on lake winnsboro this morning and we're going back tomorrow," i will likely find myself playing bumper boats tomorrow instead of duck hunting.

but i've seen this argument for years on the net from duck hunters, and it's usually guys who really don't want to work that hard to find good hunting and low competition for spots who do most of the belly-aching. they've been sitting on a spot for awhile and gotten "comfortable" with it. and when the comp picks up they start blaming it on something nefarious instead of getting up earlier to stake their claim and/or finding new locations.

by the way, MOST of the ducks are STILL sitting in places where there are few to no hunters. they dislike duck hunters even more than other duck hunters do. but they're not lazy, and they're smart enough to just MOVE.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: kenmorrow] #914816 09/19/09 04:14 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Best reply I have seen yet.
I agree 100% with Ken's post.

As for the scenario in the first sentence. It is what most complain about in these lake naming threads. But the funny thing is, it never ever happens. And if it does, it is someone trying to make a point and trolling for the response. Kind of like the guy that posted the Truscott comment. He obviously does not agree with lake naming, but considering how small that area is, he was more than happy to throw the truscott hunters under the bus to make his point.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: kenmorrow] #914849 09/19/09 04:43 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kenmorrow

but i've seen this argument for years on the net from duck hunters

I have heard all the arguments as well, and find them all boring now really, I have not been debating the topic on this thread. But in reality, everyone in this forum is very fragmented on the topic “how much information should be posted on internet forums about public hunting locations”.

For example, while you can divide the forum into Lake Namers vs Non-Namers, views in each group are fragmented. For example, of the Lake Namers, some think naming specific spots is ok, while other Lake Namers think that is too much. In the Non Laker Namer group, some think pictures and stories are ok to post, while others think posting pictures and/or even talking about killing ducks should be left off internet forums.

So Ken, everyone has there own idea how much info should be posted on the internet, and everyone thinks “their view” is right. That is just another fact for you. up

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Guy] #914869 09/19/09 04:59 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
It is not something for a spreadsheet. It is about each person being his own man on the subject.

Re: Naming Lakes [Re: Sniper John] #914941 09/19/09 07:11 AM
A
ArkansasTraveler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
wow this is getting crazy....i agree with kenmorrow. i have been told by countless people what lake to go to but most of the time i havent done that good. most lakes that are half arse big at all have so many sexy looking spots that it usually wont do you any good unless you know where the ducks have been the last few days. you gotta get out there and do your scouting and figure out where you should be hunting....i dont agree with watching someone pull up with a limit and heading to their spot the next day but does that mean that for the rest of the season i cant hunt where they were? no. its public land people, not yours, if you wanna cry when someone else does good in your "honey hole" then buy some land, make it look good like some of the folks on here have shown in their pics, and put up no trespassing signs. if you cant then learn to cope with other hunters on public land. wake up earlier and get there before someone else does, its that simple. the name of the lake only helps you get directions off of mapquest. i hunt lake palestine, does that mean that the spot i hunt will be taken tomorrow, no...does that mean that if i post a pic of a tailgate full of greenheads that i shot em off there? no. if you dont wanna tell people where you hunt then dont, if you do tell folks then expect to see a few more trucks at the boat ramp. theres nothing wrong with helping a fellow hunter out and pointing him in the right direction....i bet at some point in yalls hunting careers someone helped yall out

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide