pdr55 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Bring in the scabs.

They are picketing today.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: stillhntr] #9115813 10/01/24 12:54 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by stillhntr
I’m in no way shape or form pro union, they really don’t make much according to payscale. But a77% pay raise ??? Fark em
[Linked Image]

I.know some dock crane operators making mid 300s; they make plenty.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Walkabout] #9115816 10/01/24 12:55 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Walkabout
Check out average pay for longshoremen in Texas. Go ahead. Take a look.

The ILA is not publicly discussing its demands, but going into the weekend it was reportedly asking for annual pay hikes that would result in raises totaling 77% through the life of the contract, with pay climbing from $39 an hour to $69.

posted 3 hours ago

Not bad for all the tools you need is a Lunchbox. Greedy Union Bastards.

Last edited by glens; 10/01/24 12:56 PM.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115833 10/01/24 01:42 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
The ridiculous pay demands aside, one of the sticking points is not using automation in the future. An example being a computer checking in a truck vs. overpaying a union worker to do the same job. GTFO. No one should be paid to do a repetitive, no skilled task that a computer can do. I'd tread very carefully if I was the union, they may well lose a lot of support making ridiculous demands.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115837 10/01/24 01:52 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Aren't ports owned and controlled by a variety of private and public entities? Yet we allow a single union to control them through a strike? Throw their [censored] out.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115839 10/01/24 01:53 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Starting to sound like a revolution. Workers unite and revolt! Sounds great. Demand more $, way more $..........Share holders will eventually find other ways to make $ and the revolting workers won't be workers much longer. There won't be a place to work. The rich people that own the business will still be rich, making $ other ways while the proud union members will be unemployed.

This is what happens when you have a president that never owned a business, had to produce a profit, meet a payroll, innovate, create.......

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115840 10/01/24 01:53 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Organized crime attempting to ransom the national economy with the blessing of the current democratic administration they have in their pocket.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9115847 10/01/24 02:09 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Starting to sound like a revolution. Workers unite and revolt! Sounds great. Demand more $, way more $..........Share holders will eventually find other ways to make $ and the revolting workers won't be workers much longer. There won't be a place to work. The rich people that own the business will still be rich, making $ other ways while the proud union members will be unemployed.

This is what happens when you have a president that never owned a business, had to produce a profit, meet a payroll, innovate, create.......

Yep and all prices go up . Just like the $15/hr min wage push, how's that working out?

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Paluxy] #9115860 10/01/24 02:33 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Paluxy

Yep and all prices go up . Just like the $15/hr min wage push, how's that working out?

Idiots.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115866 10/01/24 02:49 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My stepdad worked in the chemical plants in Houston in the 90’s. One plant had a union strike and the plant locked them out and replaced them with non-union workers

Like 2 years later they would still be outside picketing the gate.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: txtrophy85] #9115870 10/01/24 02:53 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Not the union headquarters pukes that called the strike. They were still living large on the members' dues. It is organized crime disguised as "organized labor."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115871 10/01/24 02:54 PM
Texas452 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I hate unions.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Creekrunner] #9115880 10/01/24 03:08 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Not the union headquarters pukes that called the strike. They were still living large on the members' dues. It is organized crime disguised as "organized labor."

I have never knew one person who like the unions. My uncle was a IBEW member since the 60's....He would tell me how his company had to hire within the union, couldn't just fire people, etc. Even he said that he was not a fan of the unions, they had outlived their useful life.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115896 10/01/24 03:43 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
ILA huge supporter of democrats and goes on strike a month before election. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out the next couple weeks. Good chance to create a crisis then look like a hero right before people head to the ballots.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9115897 10/01/24 03:47 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I heard the Port Workers Head Negotiator on Fox.........

It's like he was taunting the whole country and gloating that so many people in effected industries would be laid off, "and then they would realize how important port workers were."

A real president would have headed this whole thing off, brought everyone to the table and worked it out.

They need the Union Vote, along with the LGBTQ vote, the lazy teacher vote, the anti police vote, the people that want transgender illegal immigrants in prison to have sex change surgery on our tax $ vote and every other fringe weird group vote that all added up could make the difference in an election vote.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: chalet] #9115898 10/01/24 03:49 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by chalet
ILA huge supporter of democrats and goes on strike a month before election. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out the next couple weeks. Good chance to create a crisis then look like a hero right before people head to the ballots.

The American people are not going to vote for an arsonist that puts out a fire he started after it has burned down 1/2 the building.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9115912 10/01/24 04:30 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

The American people are not going to vote for an arsonist that puts out a fire he started after it has burned down 1/2 the building.

I wish I could believe that you are right.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: krmitchell] #9115913 10/01/24 04:38 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by krmitchell
The ridiculous pay demands aside, one of the sticking points is not using automation in the future. An example being a computer checking in a truck vs. overpaying a union worker to do the same job. GTFO. No one should be paid to do a repetitive, no skilled task that a computer can do. I'd tread very carefully if I was the union, they may well lose a lot of support making ridiculous demands.

Saw that moron union leader whining about automation... Great platform to scream about "we want to remain inefficient so our members make more money". Hope the leadership of this union all loose their jobs.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: chalet] #9115914 10/01/24 04:42 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

I wish I could believe that you are right.

I should have stated..................It is my hope and prayer that enough of the right voters in the right states don't vote for an arsonist that puts out a fire he started after it has burned down 1/2 the building.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Big Fitz] #9116141 10/02/24 12:05 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Big Fitz

Saw that moron union leader whining about automation... Great platform to scream about "we want to remain inefficient so our members make more money". Hope the leadership of this union all loose their jobs.

Was that the big dude with the white goatee? I wanted to strangle him through my tv!

FKH - Lets Go Kamelhoe
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Jimbo1] #9116146 10/02/24 12:15 AM
R
rjf1911 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Was that the big dude with the white goatee? I wanted to strangle him through my tv!

Yep, that’s him.

Clearly their hope is that they think this is their best leverage point….not because of the upcoming season, but because they think the current admin will help them out to gain political capital. AI is coming for a lot of their jobs, and they know it.

They may be striking their way out of existence…..

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9116172 10/02/24 01:04 AM
G
Grit Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Why do they do this chit right before the holidays. hammer

Garrett
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9116177 10/02/24 01:13 AM
J
jlsbassman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Give them whatever they want, it will work itself out. The docks is one place automation works. Just like McDonald’s, there’s one person now working the counter with all those screens to order from.

Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Big Fitz] #9116181 10/02/24 01:15 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Harold Daggett, the union president, had a 76 foot yacht and drove a Bentley. He made $728k last year, plus another $173k for running a local.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/port-strike-union-leader-harold-daggett-what-know

There’s also this:

“In 2005, the Justice Department accused Daggett of being an “associate” of the Genovese crime family – one of the “Five Families” of the US Mafia.”

https://nypost.com/2024/10/01/busin...port-union-boss-with-alleged-mafia-ties/

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Port Workers Strike... [Re: Tbar] #9116298 10/02/24 11:53 AM
B
bobcat1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
This picture is my thoughts on the Strike.

[Linked Image]

Bobby Barnett

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide