Forums46
Topics543,656
Posts9,801,328
Members87,494
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: MortgageMan] #9090345 08/12/24 05:31 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by MortgageMan
Read this was caused by a shooting last year by a 22 year old kid. Doubt he was licensed. He may have been carrying legally but I have my doubts. I am no longer going to the fair if that's how they want it.

He was indicted for aggravated assault X3

[Linked Image]

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9090613 08/12/24 11:27 PM
C
COFF 2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
From the article:
Police say 22-year-old Cameron Turner opened fire. They say he did not have a license to carry, which would have allowed him to have a gun.

So bad guy does not follow the rules, and shoots somebody. And the response is to not allow any good guys to carry guns? They've already proven they are NOT able to stop a bad guy from getting a gun...

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: COFF 2] #9090758 08/13/24 04:38 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by COFF 2
From the article:
Police say 22-year-old Cameron Turner opened fire. They say he did not have a license to carry, which would have allowed him to have a gun.

So bad guy does not follow the rules, and shoots somebody. And the response is to not allow any good guys to carry guns? They've already proven they are NOT able to stop a bad guy from getting a gun...

I imagine that’s what their lawyers advised them to do.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: ntxtrapper] #9090759 08/13/24 05:10 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
From the article:

Dumb lawyers.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: COFF 2] #9090778 08/13/24 10:26 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
From the article:

Isn't that always the case? One bad actor ruins for everyone.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9090819 08/13/24 12:42 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Place is a chit hole, have not been in 15 years. Every year they have shootings of some variety.

Yup! Dallas is a chit hole. And the state fair area is a cesspool inside that giant chit hole.

And now I couldn't legally carry if for some odd reason I were to have to go there.

Nope. They can keep it. I will continue to enjoy my peace and quiet in the country.

Another guy scared to go to Dallas or Fort Worth, boogie man might get you. I live right off the North Dallas Tollway in Frisco, I just pop on it and I can be at the fair in about 35 minutes.

I like along with the other 2.5 million people who are expected to attend we ain't scared of the big city....

Scared?

I'm not scared to go into the Dallas or Ft.Worth metroplex. I am 23 years as a Firefighter/Paramedic within a big city fire department, in the metroplex. I've had my hands on more dead humans, been in more burned out houses, and been on more crime scenes than you could possibly imagine. Because myself and ntxtrapper know more than you do, we do not live inside the metroplex. We've served the people. We know better than to live with them. On duty, I can't be armed, but my PD can, and they often go with us. Off duty, I am armed at all times. Because a pistol is much lighter than a Police Officer. Any entity that wants to take that away from me, will not get my business, nor see me on their property.

Look around, and you'll see fire hydrants no more than 500 feet apart, across any north Texas city that is well funded. Because we never know where a fire is going to happen. Firearms are the same way. Crime may happen anywhere, so people must be armed anywhere.

I've got a whole lot of law enforcement friends. 100% of them have no intention of setting foot on State Faur of Twxas grounds. And that has been their policy (and mine) for well over a decade.

You're clearly comfortable being a sheep. The sheep dogs know better than you do.

Yes, From both your post you sound scared or apprehensive. Your comments are full of double talk, they are just now starting no guns, but you said you have had policy of not setting foot inside the fair ground for over a decade.

I worked almost daily, had rental property in Fair Park for years, and before that I had a warehouse steps away from the front entrance of Fair Park. Sounds like you may of never been to the area.

The people who grew up in Dallas area are not afraid of Dallas or FW. Fair Park/Cotton Bowl area is where we all used to go the Texxas Jams in the 80's, We would go to concerts like The Rolling Stones each year they come thru Dallas, and State Fair is where you go in the Fall, it's a Texas Tradition. Going to Dallas and crusing around was what we did growing up and still to this day I will make an occasional trip to Dallas, it's feels like going home.

I was lucky I was raised in both country and city and had the best of both worlds growing up in Irving, we hunted land off Beltline from 114 to where 635 , hunting mostly dove and some quail, and we had land in Aubrey for ducks and squirrels.

I can see people like you whom wasn't raised around a big city like Dallas having concerned, but for us who grew up in the area it's just another spot on the map and we have alot of good memories. If you think DFW is bad I suggest you travel around the world and expand your horizons, I hear places like Chicago or Detroit have some pretty rough area. But since you don't go anywhere they don't allow guns I guess you won't be flying any where, Last I checked DFW was like the 2nd busiest airport in the world.

I will be making my annual trip to the State Fair once the weather gets perfect this Fall. You can spend the whole day catching all the free shows like Bird Show, Pig Races, Stunt Shows, Dog Show, etc and eat all kind of different food.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9091583 08/14/24 02:46 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It is not fear, or concern. I just don't want to be around you people, when I don't have to.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9091611 08/14/24 03:13 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Heard this morning that Paxton is fighting their attempt to make it a gun free zone. I doubt I'll be attending either way, haven't been to the fair in about 5yrs and wouldn't miss it if I never went again.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9091644 08/14/24 03:36 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
I last went to the fair two years ago to look at trucks. The rest of the fair, nope, the wife and I agreed never again. Not worth it.

[Linked Image]

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9091686 08/14/24 04:28 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Paxton is trying to get this changed.

FKH - Lets Go Kamelhoe
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9091692 08/14/24 04:31 PM
C
cleatas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
It is not fear, or concern. I just don't want to be around you people, when I don't have to.

Not fear or concern for me either and I can carry anywhere I want to carry.... but I don't like congested functions and don't put myself in that situation.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Jimbo1] #9091872 08/14/24 10:20 PM
G
Groot Online Content OP
Woodsman
OP Online Content
Woodsman
G
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Paxton is trying to get this changed.

Saw that. Good news.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: cleatas] #9091945 08/15/24 12:04 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by cleatas

Not fear or concern for me either and I can carry anywhere I want to carry.... but I don't like congested functions and don't put myself in that situation.

Exactly.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9092018 08/15/24 02:06 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I haven’t lost anything at the fair I need to go back for….my last one was about 10 years ago! Emphasis on last!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: unclebubba] #9092287 08/15/24 04:23 PM
C
COFF 2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
From the article:

Dumb lawyers.

Exactly.

The ONLY thing that has ever stopped a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Show me a "gun control" measure that does NOT take guns out of the hands of good guys and succeeds taking guns from the hands of bad guys and I'll be all for it. Haven't seen one yet, though.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9092421 08/15/24 08:54 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Yea that place is a chit hole, and I'd never go there and not carry. Not that I'll be returning anyway.

Last time we went was myself, wife, son, mother in law, and mother in law's brother who was visiting from Peru.

This was on "high school night" it was an absolute mad house hour line waits just to get the tickets to ride the rides. Think Colt actually got to ride 2 the entire time we were there. There was zero parking in any of the parking lots, so we tried a side lot and the Hispanic lady that was taking money at the gate said my truck was too big and I couldn't park in there. Finally saw someone pulling out of a parking spot and we hopped in, my truck was surrounded by probably 1000 other vehicles. Come out of the fair and sure enough all the vehicles I parked beside were still there, but guess what my Raptor had vanished. This is at 11PM and the huge crowds up and down the streets were already pretty large. I flagged down a police officer and told him I thought my truck might have gotten stolen and he said nope it was towed. Asked him if he knew who the tow company was, he said not but that gas station might know. So whole family walked through the crowds of rambunctious teens to the gas station. I guess the gas station owner was getting pretty fearful because before I could get to the door they were locking up and closing down. Walked down to the next place and asked the person behind the counter and they had no clue and wasn't paying much attention because their store was overrun with people. I just happened to see a tow company sign on the dumpster of the gas station. Called the number and asked them if they had my truck, sure enough they had it on the other side of HWY75. By this time it was around 12AM and the crowds were massive. We were getting some pretty serious looks and we walked closer to the road where the police were parked, I went up to police officer and let him know I found the truck and he told me I should probably get my family out of the area and he was surprised there hadn't been any shootings or stabbings yet.

Brought up the Uber app to get a ride to the tow yard, the Uber app literally made us walk a mile and a half because the area we were in was too dangerous for pickup. After all that and around $380 tow fee we were on our way home from the fair around 1:30ish.

I'll never go back to that chit hole again

It's not about being scared RR it's about being smart.

[Linked Image]

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: KRoyal] #9092484 08/15/24 10:52 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yeah, but he isn't smart.
So there's that.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: KRoyal] #9092531 08/16/24 12:18 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Yea that place is a chit hole, and I'd never go there and not carry. Not that I'll be returning anyway.

Last time we went was myself, wife, son, mother in law, and mother in law's brother who was visiting from Peru.

This was on "high school night" it was an absolute mad house hour line waits just to get the tickets to ride the rides. Think Colt actually got to ride 2 the entire time we were there. There was zero parking in any of the parking lots, so we tried a side lot and the Hispanic lady that was taking money at the gate said my truck was too big and I couldn't park in there. Finally saw someone pulling out of a parking spot and we hopped in, my truck was surrounded by probably 1000 other vehicles. Come out of the fair and sure enough all the vehicles I parked beside were still there, but guess what my Raptor had vanished. This is at 11PM and the huge crowds up and down the streets were already pretty large. I flagged down a police officer and told him I thought my truck might have gotten stolen and he said nope it was towed. Asked him if he knew who the tow company was, he said not but that gas station might know. So whole family walked through the crowds of rambunctious teens to the gas station. I guess the gas station owner was getting pretty fearful because before I could get to the door they were locking up and closing down. Walked down to the next place and asked the person behind the counter and they had no clue and wasn't paying much attention because their store was overrun with people. I just happened to see a tow company sign on the dumpster of the gas station. Called the number and asked them if they had my truck, sure enough they had it on the other side of HWY75. By this time it was around 12AM and the crowds were massive. We were getting some pretty serious looks and we walked closer to the road where the police were parked, I went up to police officer and let him know I found the truck and he told me I should probably get my family out of the area and he was surprised there hadn't been any shootings or stabbings yet.

Brought up the Uber app to get a ride to the tow yard, the Uber app literally made us walk a mile and a half because the area we were in was too dangerous for pickup. After all that and around $380 tow fee we were on our way home from the fair around 1:30ish.

^ This right here! Word!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: KRoyal] #9092647 08/16/24 09:44 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by KRoyal

I always go during the week like on Wednesday, If you know the area you know where to park. You park at the "Starplex" parking ground where all the concerts are, it runs about $20 but your inside the fair ground and next to the all the barns and where they do the place where they let you drive the new Chevy Trucks around the course.

I have even worked at the Fair in the past, You just got to know the area and how the game is played there with parking.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9092648 08/16/24 09:54 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Sure you can be armed at work, why let others tell you what to do? Go find a job where you can make your own rules and not have someone tell you what to do?

You stated any entity that take away your right to carry a gun will not see your business, but then you go work at a place that will not allow you to carry, your statements just don't jive.

Then you said you need police with you to go to the "Big City".

Probably more than 50% of people on the THF carry a gun, it's not that big of deal.

I remember old ladies in the 70's and 80's who would carry a pistol in their purse

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Sniper John] #9092649 08/16/24 09:56 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sniper John
I last went to the fair two years ago to look at trucks. The rest of the fair, nope, the wife and I agreed never again. Not worth it.

[Linked Image]

I never find any food inside that food court that I like to eat, All the good food seems to be located outside while walking around. That area is a good place to be able to sit down and chill out during the day if it's hot.

I always try to hit the car and truck show display area at the heat of day, they keep it pretty cool and go chill out in the massage chairs area where you can try them out for free

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9092818 08/16/24 03:23 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Sure you can be armed at work, why let others tell you what to do? Go find a job where you can make your own rules and not have someone tell you what to do?

You stated any entity that take away your right to carry a gun will not see your business, but then you go work at a place that will not allow you to carry, your statements just don't jive.

Probably more than 50% of people on the THF carry a gun, it's not that big of deal.

I remember old ladies in the 70's and 80's who would carry a pistol in their purse

It is department policy. No carrying on duty.

You don't read so well. I carry every day, just not at work.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9092879 08/16/24 04:47 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

It is department policy. No carrying on duty.

You don't read so well. I carry every day, just not at work.

Like I said why do you let others tell you what to do, If you choose to work at a place that will not let you carry a gun then that's on you bud.

Seem like your job or your "Entity" doesn't allow you to carry and you comply, Which contradicts what you say.

You think it's a big deal to carry gun in Texas? Geez you must be young. I remember going to night clubs in Dallas in the mid 80's lots of dudes carry pistols back then, Why I have no clue, I guess they thought they were cool.

Let me give you a newsflash, lot of people carry everyday, it's just not that big of deal.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9093218 08/17/24 03:21 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
How is Epstein's next island doing popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9093688 08/18/24 03:29 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
The State Fair doubled down and responded to Paxton that they are a private entity and can do whatever they want as far as gun possession at the event.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide