Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy #9088888 08/09/24 01:45 PM
G
Groot Online Content OP
Woodsman
OP Online Content
Woodsman
G
Apparently it is a private entity and has the ability to ban LTC holders from entering while carrying, but I believe it's a bad policy. When was the last time you heard of a LTC holder creating issues at the fair. It's only the lawbreaking miscreants that cause problems and cause problems. I have always carried legally while visiting the fair but will now rethink whether or not I attend given that law abiding citizens can no longer carry. I guess only the 14 LEOs there and the criminals will be packing.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089013 08/09/24 05:01 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Place is a chit hole, have not been in 15 years. Every year they have shootings of some variety.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089020 08/09/24 05:14 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U
I have not been in 3 or 4 years, but have always carried there. NO question about it. I would not go there unarmed.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089214 08/10/24 12:20 AM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It does not matter who is running it, the rules apply as to who owns it. It is owned by The City of Dallas. Leasers cannot dictate licensed carriers' access as long as they follow all of the rules.

Just because some libtard a**hat says it is against the their rules, does not make it against the law.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089247 08/10/24 01:41 AM
G
Groot Online Content OP
Woodsman
OP Online Content
Woodsman
G
I had thought fair park was owned by the city based on the money Dallas spends maintaining and improving it. Hope the ruling is challenged prior to the far opening.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089388 08/10/24 04:22 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Groot
I had thought fair park was owned by the city based on the money Dallas spends maintaining and improving it. Hope the ruling is challenged prior to the far opening.

I pretty sure it is owned by the City of Dallas still.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: unclebubba] #9089389 08/10/24 04:23 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I have not been in 3 or 4 years, but have always carried there. NO question about it. I would not go there unarmed.

I had a warehouse just outside the gate off Grand Avenue, Just another part of Dallas, no biggie

I have been going to the State fair since I was old enough to drive, it's safe no need to be scared

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089436 08/10/24 05:40 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9089622 08/11/24 02:37 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I had a warehouse just outside the gate off Grand Avenue, Just another part of Dallas, no biggie

I have been going to the State fair since I was old enough to drive, it's safe no need to be scared

agree

Dallas suks

unarmed peasants are what "THEY" want

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9089674 08/11/24 05:06 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U

Not scared. As a practice, I carry always and everywhere. And I usually don't go places that I can't carry unless I really, really want to go there. Guess don't really, really want to go to the fair.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: unclebubba] #9089682 08/11/24 09:36 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Not scared. As a practice, I carry always and everywhere. And I usually don't go places that I can't carry unless I really, really want to go there. Guess don't really, really want to go to the fair.

Most places don't use machines to scan you like that State Fair does, I think most people ignore the 30.06 signs.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: ntxtrapper] #9089683 08/11/24 09:41 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

So some punk gets a gun into the state fair, a non licensed holder and now it's banned for everyone, and officials say they still don't know how he got the gun into the fair.

I was kinda surprised they ever let guns in there in the first place. Seems like City of Dallas has made some kind of BS company to run the state fair and made it a 501c3 company so the could ban guns.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9089841 08/11/24 04:30 PM
J
jimbob Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Can buy knives at the fair. Not worried about safety at fair, its the dart ride down there

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: unclebubba] #9089849 08/11/24 04:43 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

I can legally carry anywhere I want to and still wouldn't go to the state fair.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: jimbob] #9089861 08/11/24 05:14 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by jimbob
Can buy knives at the fair. Not worried about safety at fair, its the dart ride down there

I just drive, get off at 2nd Avenue off 30 go park same place you park for the concerts, it like $20 and you are parked inside the fair grounds by the where all the farm animals and the Chevy Driving course.

Easy peasy and that lot usually don't fill up and alwasy parking

Wednesday they have bring 3 cans of food for a free entry per person, it's not too crowded during the week.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: The Dude Abides] #9090022 08/12/24 12:01 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Place is a chit hole, have not been in 15 years. Every year they have shootings of some variety.

Yup! Dallas is a chit hole. And the state fair area is a cesspool inside that giant chit hole.

And now I couldn't legally carry if for some odd reason I were to have to go there.

Nope. They can keep it. I will continue to enjoy my peace and quiet in the country.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9090039 08/12/24 12:30 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by J.G.

Yup! Dallas is a chit hole. And the state fair area is a cesspool inside that giant chit hole.

And now I couldn't legally carry if for some odd reason I were to have to go there.

Nope. They can keep it. I will continue to enjoy my peace and quiet in the country.

Yep. If someone wants to take their kids to some kind of similar venue, the FW Stock Show does allow LTC's and there's not a bunch of Bloods and Crips running around in their gangs like at the State Fair.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: ntxtrapper] #9090055 08/12/24 01:21 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yep. If someone wants to take their kids to some kind of similar venue, the FW Stock Show does allow LTC's and there's not a bunch of Bloods and Crips running around in their gangs like at the State Fair.

Fort Worth Stock Show suxs since it's in the dead of winter. State Fair of Texas is in the perfect fall weather time of they year

I didn't know you were so scared

Texas State Fair is pure greatness, I enjoy all the free shows they put on during the day, and enjoy all the food to eat. It's a great place to spend a day.

For us who grew up in Dallas area, we got free tickets and were given a day out of school each year to attend the fair, It's a tradition for us to go to the State Fair each year.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9090059 08/12/24 01:28 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Another guy scared to go to Dallas or Fort Worth, boogie man might get you. I live right off the North Dallas Tollway in Frisco, I just pop on it and I can be at the fair in about 35 minutes.

I like along with the other 2.5 million people who are expected to attend we ain't scared of the big city....

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9090105 08/12/24 11:36 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Another guy scared to go to Dallas or Fort Worth, boogie man might get you. I live right off the North Dallas Tollway in Frisco, I just pop on it and I can be at the fair in about 35 minutes.

I like along with the other 2.5 million people who are expected to attend we ain't scared of the big city....

J.G. is the wrong guy to poke! Just sayin...

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: RedRanger] #9090170 08/12/24 02:01 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Scared?

I'm not scared to go into the Dallas or Ft.Worth metroplex. I am 23 years as a Firefighter/Paramedic within a big city fire department, in the metroplex. I've had my hands on more dead humans, been in more burned out houses, and been on more crime scenes than you could possibly imagine. Because myself and ntxtrapper know more than you do, we do not live inside the metroplex. We've served the people. We know better than to live with them. On duty, I can't be armed, but my PD can, and they often go with us. Off duty, I am armed at all times. Because a pistol is much lighter than a Police Officer. Any entity that wants to take that away from me, will not get my business, nor see me on their property.

Look around, and you'll see fire hydrants no more than 500 feet apart, across any north Texas city that is well funded. Because we never know where a fire is going to happen. Firearms are the same way. Crime may happen anywhere, so people must be armed anywhere.

I've got a whole lot of law enforcement friends. 100% of them have no intention of setting foot on State Faur of Twxas grounds. And that has been their policy (and mine) for well over a decade.

You're clearly comfortable being a sheep. The sheep dogs know better than you do.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: J.G.] #9090190 08/12/24 02:48 PM
G
Groot Online Content OP
Woodsman
OP Online Content
Woodsman
G

Scared?

I'm not scared to go into the Dallas or Ft.Worth metroplex. I am 23 years as a Firefighter/Paramedic within a big city fire department, in the metroplex. I've had my hands on more dead humans, been in more burned out houses, and been on more crime scenes than you could possibly imagine. Because myself and ntxtrapper know more than you do, we do not live inside the metroplex. We've served the people. We know better than to live with them. On duty, I can't be armed, but my PD can, and they often go with us. Off duty, I am armed at all times. Because a pistol is much lighter than a Police Officer. Any entity that wants to take that away from me, will not get my business, nor see me on their property.

Look around, and you'll see fire hydrants no more than 500 feet apart, across any north Texas city that is well funded. Because we never know where a fire is going to happen. Firearms are the same way. Crime may happen anywhere, so people must be armed anywhere.

I've got a whole lot of law enforcement friends. 100% of them have no intention of setting foot on State Faur of Twxas grounds. And that has been their policy (and mine) for well over a decade.

You're clearly comfortable being a sheep. The sheep dogs know better than you do.

Well said! Thanks for your service

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9090196 08/12/24 02:55 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
The State Fair is awesome. I'll be there again for Texas/OU on October 12, just like I have for the past 30 years. And I'll probably go back again on a lighter attendance day to take it in all again.

Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9090222 08/12/24 03:22 PM
M
MortgageMan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Read this was caused by a shooting last year by a 22 year old kid. Doubt he was licensed. He may have been carrying legally but I have my doubts. I am no longer going to the fair if that's how they want it.

Last edited by MortgageMan; 08/12/24 03:22 PM.

It's not what you say, or think, that counts. It is what you DO!
Re: State Fair of Texas changes LTC policy [Re: Groot] #9090233 08/12/24 03:32 PM
D
duffas Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Went there in IIRC '71, first and last time. Worked on S. Goodlatimer for a while before they built the area up. Barnum parked their trains there. I stay out of Dallas when possible, it's changed so much. Reminds me of NYC anymore.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide