S
S.A. hunter Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

Is that a normal amount for a typical officer?

Maybe one of our LEO's can comment?

It's kind of unfair just to list those disciplinary actions without understanding a benchmark.

Yeah, the only thing I saw concerning is driving a drunk person in the back of the cruiser, lights and sirens, while doing donuts in the parking lot.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9051730 05/24/24 02:07 PM
jackmason Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

It's kind of unfair just to list those disciplinary actions without understanding a benchmark.

Yeah, the only thing I saw concerning is driving a drunk person in the back of the cruiser, lights and sirens, while doing donuts in the parking lot.

Yeah, reenactment of Superbad movie.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9051736 05/24/24 02:23 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined

Conduct unbecoming, but in reality for me personally that sounds kind of fun.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: jackmason] #9051742 05/24/24 02:32 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by jackmason

Yeah, reenactment of Superbad movie.

100% lol

Re: Free Scottie [Re: jackmason] #9052004 05/25/24 02:24 AM
W
WT_Foxtrot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by jackmason
Originally Posted by WT_Foxtrot
So reprimanding the officer who made the arrest, but keeping the felony charge against a pro golfer, family man, dude so pure you might as well be charging Christ himself? Okay.......we'll see how that works out for you, Louisville.

That same officer has been suspended several times as well numerous disciplinary actions against him. They must have something on Scottie that we're not seeing. If not,
they are making a huge mistake going through with felony charges.

They have nothing on Scottie...and I mean zero. I love and support the police. But the fact they haven't dropped the charges after publicly admitting their own errors says it all. Not only that, but it just reiterates the thoughts of the anti-LE faction. Short-sighted and ignorant.

Last edited by WT_Foxtrot; 05/25/24 02:25 AM.
Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052008 05/25/24 02:30 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I believe everything on the internet, in newspaper print, and on social media, so Scottie should be free...oh, wait, Scottie is free awaiting arraignment...this is America, it will all work out.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052009 05/25/24 02:33 AM
W
WT_Foxtrot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by Concho
I believe everything on the internet, in newspaper print, and on social media, so Scottie should be free...oh, wait, Scottie is free awaiting arraignment...this is America, it will all work out.

When we....or at least I....say free, I mean ridiculous charges dropped, which include a felony, hopefully with an apology. But not holding my breath on the latter.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: WT_Foxtrot] #9052015 05/25/24 02:44 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

When we....or at least I....say free, I mean ridiculous charges dropped, which include a felony, hopefully with an apology. But not holding my breath on the latter.

So, you have some video the rest of us haven't seen to prove Scottie is innocent...? Quick call his defense team and let them know you have solved the issue...

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052022 05/25/24 02:59 AM
W
WT_Foxtrot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W

So, you have some video the rest of us haven't seen to prove Scottie is innocent...? Quick call his defense team and let them know you have solved the issue...

I don't have to prove his innocence. He is until he's PROVEN guilty. Remember that? Wow. Do you or anyone on the planet have video he committed a felony? Oh, yeah. That would be a big freaking no since the arresting officer turned his body cam off, which is against department policy and for which he was reprimanded.

I'm really surprised they've let it go on this long, but it should be dropped, period. But part of me really hopes they go to trial so their ineptitude will be on full display. Although the other part of me doesn't want that because it will just create more LE resentment. Torn.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: WT_Foxtrot] #9052040 05/25/24 03:24 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

I don't have to prove his innocence. He is until he's PROVEN guilty. Remember that? Wow. Do you or anyone on the planet have video he committed a felony? Oh, yeah. That would be a big freaking no since the arresting officer turned his body cam off, which is against department policy and for which he was reprimanded.

I'm really surprised they've let it go on this long, but it should be dropped, period. But part of me really hopes they go to trial so their ineptitude will be on full display. Although the other part of me doesn't want that because it will just create more LE resentment. Torn.

Many people were convicted and sent to jail long before video came along...I never needed video to prove a crime, if it is bogus it will get dropped, if not, well, that is why we have a justice system.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052059 05/25/24 04:17 AM
W
WT_Foxtrot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
[ Many people were convicted and sent to jail long before video came along...I never needed video to prove a crime, if it is bogus it will get dropped, if not, well, that is why we have a justice system.

Of course they were. Video is recent. But we have it now. The officer oddly turned his off, which was against policy and he was reprimanded. Yet the felony charges against a man who's had nothing more than a parking ticket and, according to what witnesses there did nothing wrong, still stand. This should be dropped immediately and I think you probably know that. If it's not and it goes to trial, it's not going to be a good look for LE.

And I'm one that supports LE in almost every circumstance wholeheartedly So when myself and those like me feel this way, it's different.

Last edited by WT_Foxtrot; 05/25/24 04:18 AM.
Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052089 05/25/24 11:15 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Many people were convicted and sent to jail long before video came along...I never needed video to prove a crime, if it is bogus it will get dropped, if not, well, that is why we have a justice system.

OJ Simpson proved our justice system sometimes goes wrong.

From an outsider who has no dog in the fight, it seems as if the golfer dude and police just had miscoummications.

I think if this does make it to court the judge will stop trail and dismiss the case.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052095 05/25/24 12:09 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Hopefully the facts of the case become fully transparent and obvious whether those be eye witness testimony and depiction of events and occurrences, involved parties' testimonies, recollections and personal and compelling conveyance of those and presentation of all by prosecutors and legal defense teams, all assuming this even ever bills out to a trial or bench judgment. Lastly, the non-activation of body cam video by responding officer will need to be extensively delved into to determine if this was simply an unintentional and negligent act or something more intentional as a means to distort a supposed perpetration of act or crime. Still a ways to go in the investigatory phase of this one.

Last edited by DQ Kid; 05/25/24 12:10 PM.
Re: Free Scottie [Re: WT_Foxtrot] #9052104 05/25/24 12:30 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
You don't mind if I reserve my decision on the case until, we all the facts do you? I can have my own opinion, right? This is still America, right?

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052106 05/25/24 12:33 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
You don't mind if I reserve my decision on the case until, we all the facts do you? I can have my own opinion, right? This is still America, right?

X100

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Concho] #9052194 05/25/24 04:30 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

Many people were convicted and sent to jail long before video came along... I never needed video to prove a crime, if it is bogus it will get dropped, if not, well, that is why we have a justice system.

That's an asinine statement. Second to DNA, video is the biggest proof of whether a crime was committed or not. Without video, cops can lie and say whatever fits their narrative. Seems pretty clear cut that this cop thought there was no video (since he kept his body cam off) and completely fabricated a police report.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Gringo Bling] #9052201 05/25/24 04:48 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Many people were convicted and sent to jail long before video came along... I never needed video to prove a crime, if it is bogus it will get dropped, if not, well, that is why we have a justice system.

That's an asinine statement. Second to DNA, video is the biggest proof of whether a crime was committed or not. Without video, cops can lie and say whatever fits their narrative. Seems pretty clear cut that this cop thought there was no video (since he kept his body cam off) and completely fabricated a police report.

This…

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052206 05/25/24 04:58 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I have yet to hear anyone say they saw the officer being dragged.

The bus blocked the view......sooo yeah. I don't know what they have to prove the officers position. It better be daming.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052271 05/25/24 08:34 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Former Dallas police chief says officer overreacted in Scottie Scheffler arrest video

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052902 05/27/24 02:04 AM
S
spankyttx Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
here's a cop car cam, it was released a few days ago, cop lied about being dragged. plus, the cop has a history of disciplinary actions. imagine that

LI-SI-WI-NWI
Re: Free Scottie [Re: Gringo Bling] #9052909 05/27/24 02:17 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Yes, video is great and solves a ton of crimes, I'm just saying police were solving crimes long before video came along...I worked in the profession for a very long time and never had a desire to lie about anything, there is no reason to lie if you are simply enforcing the law, there is nothing to gain, bad police officers get weeded out pretty quickly.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9052921 05/27/24 02:45 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Weeded out, or just hired on at another department?

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9053924 05/29/24 04:43 AM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

Re: Free Scottie [Re: S.A. hunter] #9054138 05/29/24 05:11 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Now all charges against Scheffler have been dropped. It was pretty obvious to anyone that the charges were bogus and LPD and the DA would have faced significant backlash.

Re: Free Scottie [Re: Gringo Bling] #9054142 05/29/24 05:17 PM
S
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Now all charges against Scheffler have been dropped. It was pretty obvious to anyone that the charges were bogus and LPD and the DA would have faced significant backlash.

Lol, that detective was just on a power trip. Why they let it go on so long, makes no FN sense.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide