Print Thread
Page 38 of 42 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9061174 06/12/24 11:12 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Derek
I've only seen Celsius in store a couple times. Some well stocked feed stores might have it. If you have a Helna they might. They also offer it in small packages now that you can order on Amazon. Dependin how much you need. A full bottle is $130ish. At the full rate of 3.2g per 1000. The small pack will be enough for 2k. .226oz is 6.4 grams

Celsius

I ordered some from our local feed store but I was hoping to find another bottle in Dallas somewhere so I could spray it this weekend so I’ll try MrWood’s advice. One of these days I’ll have enough stuff to cover my needs lol but I know better than that.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061183 06/12/24 11:36 PM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
I didn't think about Siteone. I don't have one close so I don't shop there. Online their Lewisville store shows to have it in stock so I bet most of the others do to.

What spray tip are you using? I'm really liking the Teejet AIXR11006VP. It's been great for all my apps the past year or so.

Same question ^ @MrWood

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9061193 06/13/24 12:15 AM
M
MrWood Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I didn't think about Siteone. I don't have one close so I don't shop there. Online their Lewisville store shows to have it in stock so I bet most of the others do to.

What spray tip are you using? I'm really liking the Teejet AIXR11006VP. It's been great for all my apps the past year or so.

Same question ^ @MrWood

Honestly, I’m using whatever garbage tip came in the harbor freight batteyr sprayer that I modified to fit my Dewalt batteries. It sucks though and it’s pretty inconsistent. This has been in my short list to do though
https://www.thelawnforum.com/thread...;nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-21

As far as a tip, I’m been looking at this but I’m not sure which I’d go for yet. I may give yours a shot and see how I like it. https://www.thelawnforum.com/threads/teejet-nozzle-discussion.33/

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061197 06/13/24 12:25 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Without quoting I will say I ordered the Celsius WG from Amazon in small packets, ready to mix. I will get the Image locally. If I like the results, hoping I do liquid (instead of granular) properly the first time, I would invest in a bigger amount.

I might be in a different place than most others. I was against burmuda forever because my SA kept taking it over each year until it quit doing anything in 2023 and into 2024. The burmudagrass I have paid lots of attention to already is fabulous and I am nit-picking the small weeds. So I only need enough right now to treat a few hundred square feet (likely 1400). My back yard is SA all the way and is fine.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: MrWood] #9061217 06/13/24 12:47 AM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by MrWood

Same question ^ @MrWood

Honestly, I’m using whatever garbage tip came in the harbor freight batteyr sprayer that I modified to fit my Dewalt batteries. It sucks though and it’s pretty inconsistent. This has been in my short list to do though
https://www.thelawnforum.com/thread...;nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-21

As far as a tip, I’m been looking at this but I’m not sure which I’d go for yet. I may give yours a shot and see how I like it. https://www.thelawnforum.com/threads/teejet-nozzle-discussion.33/

I used the XR tip for a couple years. Not a bad tip but the droplets were super fine and drift is an issue with the slightest wind and as you know that spring wind can be brutal. Granted I'm not spraying in any high wind regardless, but the tip I mentioned has a good droplet size and much less drift for me vs the XR. Liquids I mix right into the tank and rock on. Any granular, WG, DF, I mix in 5 gallon buckets and then pour through a pretty fine cone paint strainer into the tank to filter out any impurities and I have zero tip clogging issues.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061219 06/13/24 12:48 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Well I ain't got all that so I am ready to fail by riding the short bus.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9061230 06/13/24 01:07 AM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Well I ain't got all that so I am ready to fail by riding the short bus.

You're fine lol. You backpacking or pump hand cannoning?

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9061235 06/13/24 01:15 AM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
Without quoting I will say I ordered the Celsius WG from Amazon in small packets, ready to mix. I will get the Image locally. If I like the results, hoping I do liquid (instead of granular) properly the first time, I would invest in a bigger amount.

I might be in a different place than most others. I was against burmuda forever because my SA kept taking it over each year until it quit doing anything in 2023 and into 2024. The burmudagrass I have paid lots of attention to already is fabulous and I am nit-picking the small weeds. So I only need enough right now to treat a few hundred square feet (likely 1400). My back yard is SA all the way and is fine.

Celsius is fine to St Aug too. I like St Aug but it can be a little B sometimes. Less is more for it as far as NPK inputs. If you get into backpack spraying it opens up your fungicide options and others. I drive by some pretty nice looking St Aug lawns daily. If I have the sun requirements I'm going bermuda all day. Just a personal preference. No issues with people going St Aug or Zoysia at all.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9061236 06/13/24 01:17 AM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Same question ^ @MrWood

I’m not sure yet, I’m going to attempt to use the one that comes with the Milwaukee sprayer but if it sucks I’ll upgrade it to a better one.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9061305 06/13/24 11:44 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
You're fine lol. You backpacking or pump hand cannoning?

Celsius is fine to St Aug too. I like St Aug but it can be a little B sometimes. Less is more for it as far as NPK inputs. If you get into backpack spraying it opens up your fungicide options and others. I drive by some pretty nice looking St Aug lawns daily. If I have the sun requirements I'm going bermuda all day. Just a personal preference. No issues with people going St Aug or Zoysia at all.

I am going to use a basic carry around hand pump. I got the 2-gallon in case I ran into an odd ratio down the road. I don't need anything on the back yard except for one dead spot that's been there for three or four years (SA) so I am not treating it with this round of herbicide. I am finally getting some results in that one spot now that I am putting effort into it.

My yard has been mostly SA for the 19 years I have been here with the burmuda taking less and less area each spring ... until last spring when the SA struggled to come in and by the time it did, the weather wouldn't let it get thick. The burmuda took over in some places this spring and I like it. The only place I had burmudagrass two years ago was in the direct sun portion of the yard and it would be dead by late July no matter how much I watered. Hope the burmuda lasts the summer this year.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061432 06/13/24 06:02 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Last question today D, best treatment for brown spot?

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061451 06/13/24 06:51 PM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
Brown Patch I'd use Azoxy. See if you can get some close pictures where the brown meets the green and see if there are some identifying lesions. If your spots are small circles baseball size and smaller it's probably dollar spot and Azoxy will do nothing for that. I like Eagle 20ew and Cleary 3336 for that.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061517 06/13/24 09:37 PM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I’ll get a pic and post it, these are the first spots I’ve ever had in a yard and they’re upsetting. I let things get out of hand this year but I’m back on top of it now with the rain is finally stopping.

I went by SiteOne today and I figured out id been driving within 5 miles of a couple of them on a weekly basis roflmao but I’ve found my new store to buy chemicals from thanks to MrWood. This place has everything and anything you might need and the staff is super friendly and knowledgeable…. They have outstanding prices as well, I spent around $600 on chemicals today and saved over $150 from where I’d been buying them from so it’s a win win..

I certainly appreciate you to Derek, your a good man for sharing your knowledge with us…

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9061669 06/14/24 11:43 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
My stuff came in and I am headed to the Home Depot for Image on the way to work this morning.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9062372 06/16/24 01:59 AM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
In case anyone’s curious the Milwaukee M18 backpack sprayers a hell of a rig. I’ve tried 6 different sprayers looking for one I liked and this is it. It cut my spraying time down to about a quarter of the time it was taking me before.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9062450 06/16/24 11:11 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I cannot think of a job I will ever do that could justify $450 (after tax) for a sprayer but I have a lot of expensive tools others don't need so I get it.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9063319 06/18/24 12:26 AM
Ol Thumper Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I cannot think of a job I will ever do that could justify $450 (after tax) for a sprayer but I have a lot of expensive tools others don't need so I get it.

Valid point but a lot of people already have battery’s so for a mere $299 you’ve got a heck of a sprayer woot If you spray many chemicals it’s money well spent.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9064406 06/20/24 03:20 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I like how the best grass I have is in the area of my yard where there is no sprinkler system and gets no fertilizer. It has weeded out any weeds on its own.

I’ve given up on the front. No lawn company has been able to rid it of the Dallis grass and crab grass for 4 years. A few companies have just thrown their hands up and quit

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: BigPig] #9064436 06/20/24 11:18 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BigPig
I like how the best grass I have is in the area of my yard where there is no sprinkler system and gets no fertilizer. It has weeded out any weeds on its own.

I’ve given up on the front. No lawn company has been able to rid it of the Dallis grass and crab grass for 4 years. A few companies have just thrown their hands up and quit

I sprayed Image/Celsius HG Sunday and have seen no affects on the crabgrass, dallisgrass, or nut sedge. Not sure how long it takes. I watered it in 48 hours after putting it down.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9065014 06/20/24 11:45 PM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter

I sprayed Image/Celsius HG Sunday and have seen no affects on the crabgrass, dallisgrass, or nut sedge. Not sure how long it takes. I watered it in 48 hours after putting it down.

Give it a few more days. It's slow to work. Image is mostly root absorbed and Celsius is slow too. Both take time. If it's truly crab and not Dallis, King Ranch, Goose, whatever then that combo will kill the crab and sedge. Give it a solid 7-10 days to start to see results.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: BigPig] #9065028 06/21/24 12:05 AM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter

Crab it easy. They are not licensed to spray MSMA as it's not approved for residential use anymore. Not saying people don't use it as it's easy to buy but lawn companies can't take the chance getting caught with it and the chems they would have to buy to control Dallis is big money and probably not worth it to them. Crab is mostly controlled with good pre emergent. Dallis is a B. Crab only returns via seeds and Dallis the mother plant just goes dormant and returns the next year. One thing about Dallis is it doesn't typically go 100% dormant depending how cold the winter is. Cheapest option is to blanket spray 41% Gly early spring and kill it off. Bermuda will take a hit but will bounce back no problem. Lot of people think they have crab and even talked to some neighbors who think they have Dallis because of the tall seed heads after mowing a couple days later, when it's actually King Ranch Blue Stem. Besides 41% gly it takes some high dollar chems to eradicate it and it's everywhere now. I would have no problem blanket spraying my bermuda lawn to kill off the grassy weeds if I had to and if it was infested with them.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9065030 06/21/24 12:05 AM
D
duffas Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
What kills oxalis and not SA or bermuda?

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9065048 06/21/24 12:22 AM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter

As he mentioned he got it for $299 since he's on that platform already. I just use a Ryob sprayer. It's been flawless for me. Think I paid $129 for it 6ish years ago. I actually have 2. One I use for lawn and the other for the flowerbeds. I was given one. I like the new version that the drain/suckup is at the bottom now instead of a hose like my older one. I love it and some people hate it. I'm only spraying my 5k and a couple neighbors lawns from time to time. If I was spraying a lot more sq footage I would probably be looking at a higher end sprayer, but the Ryobi and a couple tips under $10 has served me well.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9066316 06/23/24 08:40 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Derek…

We are still waiting for the results from our core samples to tell us why the Bermuda is receding in the front yard.

On Friday, we had a new guy from our current lawn service treat the yard and he said we need to top dress about 2 inches thick with a sandy loam because the black dirt we have isn’t holding enough moisture to hydrate the grass. Our front lawn is one big sloping hill where as the back is pretty flat.

Would it be too late in the season to seed, then top dress with sandy loam and water it in? We had plans of scraping the front yard, bringing in the sandy loam and then putting down sod, but the weather this year didn’t cooperate

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: BigPig] #9066986 06/25/24 12:47 PM
Derek Online Content
Fert Squirter
Online Content
Fert Squirter
Derek…

We are still waiting for the results from our core samples to tell us why the Bermuda is receding in the front yard.

On Friday, we had a new guy from our current lawn service treat the yard and he said we need to top dress about 2 inches thick with a sandy loam because the black dirt we have isn’t holding enough moisture to hydrate the grass. Our front lawn is one big sloping hill where as the back is pretty flat.

Would it be too late in the season to seed, then top dress with sandy loam and water it in? We had plans of scraping the front yard, bringing in the sandy loam and then putting down sod, but the weather this year didn’t cooperate

You can top dress/level and seed now. Lots of growing season left. Just going to need lots of water. Without reading back I don't remember if that area is irrigated. If so rock with it. If not still rock with it just dial in you hose sprinkler game. If I was going to seed bermuda I would go with an improved cultivar like Rio or Monaco. Those are really good looking via seed.

Page 38 of 42 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide