Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lifting Weights [Re: Ramsey] #9045867 05/11/24 11:21 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
81 yoa, 205 lbs, go to a city park daily (sometimes twice) and walk a one mile oval track with 2 pound ankle weights strapped on. Eat lightly twice daily and can’t lose the weight.

Spend too much time sitting on my dead butt watching Fox News. But, while sitting, I squeeze hand grips 100 times, lift 5 pound weights 100 times, and pull a stretch band 100 times. Do this multiple times per day.

Arthritis has hit me in the back, legs, knees and thumbs and I’m trying to stay ahead of it. No cure for that stuff but Doc says I’m staying in front of it better than his other old goat patients. I wear a knee brace when I do my daily one mile walk.

When wife and I go somewhere together, she drives. I think she is a little more alert than me. She is 11 years younger.

One thing I’ve noticed. I get together monthly with some of the people that I graduated from high school with in 1960. Very few of the survivors are seriously over weight. All of the males do a lot of daily exercises, mostly walking.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Lifting Weights [Re: Dave Davidson] #9045875 05/11/24 11:48 AM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
81 yoa, 205 lbs, go to a city park daily (sometimes twice) and walk a one mile oval track with 2 pound ankle weights strapped on. Eat lightly twice daily and can’t lose the weight.

Spend too much time sitting on my dead butt watching Fox News. But, while sitting, I squeeze hand grips 100 times, lift 5 pound weights 100 times, and pull a stretch band 100 times. Do this multiple times per day.

Arthritis has hit me in the back, legs, knees and thumbs and I’m trying to stay ahead of it. No cure for that stuff but Doc says I’m staying in front of it better than his other old goat patients. I wear a knee brace when I do my daily one mile walk.

When wife and I go somewhere together, she drives. I think she is a little more alert than me. She is 11 years younger.

One thing I’ve noticed. I get together monthly with some of the people that I graduated from high school with in 1960. Very few of the survivors are seriously over weight. All of the males do a lot of daily exercises, mostly walking.

Congrats! That is an impressive testimony to longevity. Your peers are onto something too....regular exercise and making time to get together with others is important. Also, sounds like most of your group have figured out portion control and eating to fuel their daily needs and activity levels.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Lifting Weights [Re: H2O Seeker] #9046572 05/13/24 01:51 PM
C
coachwhite34 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Originally Posted by coachwhite34
Diet is as much or more important than lifting. If you don't have proper diet even lifting and or running/walking will only get so far. I eat very healthy, lift weights 4 days a week and walk maybe once a week. When I started this in August my T was low, resting heart rate was high, cholestorol slightly high, blood pressure slightly high. Just had a work up done, T levels way up, cholesterol way down to perfect, resting heart rate way down, blood pressure perfect. Most of that is to diet more than lifting weights.

If I may ask out of shear curiosity what is your age sir?

Re: Lifting Weights [Re: coachwhite34] #9046890 05/13/24 11:55 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Diet is as much or more important than lifting. If you don't have proper diet even lifting and or running/walking will only get so far. I eat very healthy, lift weights 4 days a week and walk maybe once a week. When I started this in August my T was low, resting heart rate was high, cholestorol slightly high, blood pressure slightly high. Just had a work up done, T levels way up, cholesterol way down to perfect, resting heart rate way down, blood pressure perfect. Most of that is to diet more than lifting weights.

If I may ask out of shear curiosity what is your age sir?

up

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide