Originally Posted by unclebubba
I know this thread has probably been done before, but I didn't find one when I searched, so I'm guessing it hasn't been done in a while. So, here's the question. What firearm do you feel is the most overrated firearm out there?

I'll go first. The first one that comes to mind is the Taurus Judge. Shotgun round out of a rifled pistol barrel is useless as tits on a boar hog. Shot spreads too quickly and is inefficient for a self defense round. .45 I would say would be a good defensive round, but in a Judge, the extra long cylinder required for the .410 shell is going to leave a lot of bullet jump before the throat, and that can't be good. You'd be better off with a .45 colt revolver in a Double action revolver (or a plethora of other choices)

2nd is a Remington 788. They have a reputation for being very accurate, and that reputation has been elevated above the gun's real accuracy IMO. Yes, they are very accurate for what they were (a budget rifle from the 70's and 80's), but Not amazing accuracy. Most of today's budget rifles are very accurate too. Don't get me wrong, I own, Love, and use my 788. And it is accurate. I just think the reputation has exceeded the rifle.
I 100 percent disagree about the remy 788

hold on Newt, we got a runaway