Print Thread
Bow Hunting around Texoma #9018343 03/12/24 12:53 PM
Y
Yak24 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
Y
Having lived most of my hunting life in central Texas and hunting public land around Whitney and Aquilla, I find myself now in far north Texas for the foreseeable future. Would anybody like to share experiences or suggestions for bow hunting for deer, turkey, or hogs around Lake Texoma CoE land ? I'm particularly interested in areas on the south side of Lake Texoma along the Big Mineral arm (is that what you call it ?) and west of highway US 377. I've hiked the Cross Timbers Trail from the Cedar Bayou Marina but haven't explored much else yet. I'm planning on getting out in these areas this spring and summer to scout and explore.

It looks like Hagerman hunts are only on specific dates and by drawn permit.

Re: Bow Hunting around Texoma [Re: Yak24] #9032194 04/10/24 10:47 PM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted by Yak24
Having lived most of my hunting life in central Texas and hunting public land around Whitney and Aquilla, I find myself now in far north Texas for the foreseeable future. Would anybody like to share experiences or suggestions for bow hunting for deer, turkey, or hogs around Lake Texoma CoE land ? I'm particularly interested in areas on the south side of Lake Texoma along the Big Mineral arm (is that what you call it ?) and west of highway US 377. I've hiked the Cross Timbers Trail from the Cedar Bayou Marina but haven't explored much else yet. I'm planning on getting out in these areas this spring and summer to scout and explore.

It looks like Hagerman hunts are only on specific dates and by drawn permit.
[Linked Image]
map of Hagerman on Big mineral, Very little chance to get private access. The COE land is your shot, but do not think you will have it alone. I live up here and do not try due to the lower deer population and pressure. If you really want to hunt get a Okkahoma license and go to Burns Run!!

FKH!!!!
Re: Bow Hunting around Texoma [Re: Yak24] #9089982 08/11/24 10:24 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
We lived just short of the eastern shore line and south across from the Coors people 's 200+ couple acres for a littlle over 10 years. Saw more game at past the western most Marina's and a dirt road in , and sometime had to put up with the Oklahoma wardens where the water gets really narrow past the barbwire fence and gate. Sometimes you can find a season lease on Texas side. Be super careful wading back there in the muck that'll suck your waders off past west of the barb wire fence gate a Texas Warden showed us 30/40 years ago ....the Okie warden's don't fool around with their ticket books' bigtime on Texas folks, but there are some lease's for sale back there at mega $'s.

Been down here in Palestine 7-8 years and put the house up for sale 3 months ago, still dunno where we will land ... looking at Gun Barrel & Canton area's . All my old hunting partners except one are gone to the "Promised Land".
Wiley Coyote

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide