Grit Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by Grit
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
State Inspection rules for vehicle "safety" don't always match the traffic laws officers enforce. Federals required new vehicles to be equipped with a CHMSL as of 1986 but it does not have to work to get a safety inspection in TX ... but an officer will surely use a broken or inoperative 3rd brake light as probable cause for a stop if they so desire. I got a written warning a month ago because my tag lights (both operational) were "too dim" (although the officer was driving towards me and made a u-turn to stop me). Not sure what the motor vehicle code is for this but the inspection rules say the tag must be illuminated to be seen from 50 feet. That's not very far at all and my lamps were lit that well for sure but I digress.

No car is required to have a windshield by inspection guidelines (I am licensed) but I must fail a vehicle if the wipers don't make full and complete contact with the non-required windshield throughout travel of the arm(s). So the end result is: If you have a car with no windshield, remove the wiper arms too...

If no windshield, where would you put your inspection sticker?
confused2

We don’t have inspection stickers anymore, haven’t had them for a few years

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't!

Garrett
Re: Headlights blinding drivers [Re: Grit] #9008029 02/19/24 05:01 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
State Inspection rules for vehicle "safety" don't always match the traffic laws officers enforce. Federals required new vehicles to be equipped with a CHMSL as of 1986 but it does not have to work to get a safety inspection in TX ... but an officer will surely use a broken or inoperative 3rd brake light as probable cause for a stop if they so desire. I got a written warning a month ago because my tag lights (both operational) were "too dim" (although the officer was driving towards me and made a u-turn to stop me). Not sure what the motor vehicle code is for this but the inspection rules say the tag must be illuminated to be seen from 50 feet. That's not very far at all and my lamps were lit that well for sure but I digress.

No car is required to have a windshield by inspection guidelines (I am licensed) but I must fail a vehicle if the wipers don't make full and complete contact with the non-required windshield throughout travel of the arm(s). So the end result is: If you have a car with no windshield, remove the wiper arms too...

confused2

there is no inspection sticker in Texas anymore. You have to have a place to display your registration sticker. I had a friend who mounted a 6" square of plexiglass to mount his stickers in the corner of his roll cage where a windshield would be on his landcruiser that had the top cut off.

#sigline
Re: Headlights blinding drivers [Re: tlk] #9008519 02/20/24 05:22 PM
R
RussellWayne Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I think that alot of the issue is also people who do not properly maintain thier vehicle. Either because they are lazy or broke. One headlight goes off and now they drive with thier brights on 100% of the time. I drive 20 miles of highway every morning at 5:30 and it is becoming a bigger issue.I have a niece that was pulled over twice in one evening here in our little small town. Went home told her father that they were harassing her. He drove into town and found an officer setting on the side of the road. He approached him and asked if he had pulled over a young lady twice that evening. He stated that he had and when asked why he stated that shwe was driving with the bright lights on. Fist time he pulled her over he gave her a simple lesson on the headlights and the meaning of the little blue light on her dash. Second time was because she still had them on. Apologies were given and instructions to please write her a ticket next time he encounters that from her.

You have to remember, they might not be drinking as much as we are.
Re: Headlights blinding drivers [Re: Grit] #9008688 02/20/24 10:37 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by BigPig

confused2

We don’t have inspection stickers anymore, haven’t had them for a few years

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I wasn't!

Registration sticker still required.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide