TPACK Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Mine is more of I don't understands:
1. Putting the exact same seasoning on every thing you eat. Agree
2. Putting absurd amounts of hot sauce on everything, I think your taste buds are blown out. Agree
3. If you have to fry it to make it taste good, it's not that good to begin with. Disagree / Strongly, and I don`t eat many fried foods.
4. Saying we don't need that in reference to using a lot of butter if the recipe calls for it. That is mainly what my sister says, she wonders why her cooking isn't the best. Abstain. I don`t like butter.
5. Baked beans, no matter how you doctor them up they aren't good. Disagree / I`ve eaten lots of great baked beans.

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989533 01/17/24 05:40 PM
E
ElkOne Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
E
Overdone or over salted....no bueno up

ElkOne
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989547 01/17/24 06:04 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
This is mine. When you cook good food for somebody and they fill up their plate, eat a small portion then trash the rest. Its just flat out rude and most people that do it are completely oblivious to that fact. If you aren't going to eat it then don't put it on your plate.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989555 01/17/24 06:16 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
anyplace that uses tweezers to assemble your plate. Also, the word "earthy"

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8989565 01/17/24 06:20 PM
B
BassBuster1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
anyplace that uses tweezers to assemble your plate. Also, the word "earthy"

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: chalet] #8989643 01/17/24 09:12 PM
T
TPACK Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by chalet
This is mine. When you cook good food for somebody and they fill up their plate, eat a small portion then trash the rest. Its just flat out rude and most people that do it are completely oblivious to that fact. If you aren't going to eat it then don't put it on your plate.

Maybe they didn`t like it. I know there are foods that I like the way I fix it but have eaten someone else's version and no likey. On the other hand, I`ve seen people clean their plate 100% when I have a fish fry and then fill their plate again and eat very little and chunk it. That is just wasteful and I no likey that. realmad

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989656 01/17/24 09:35 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The son had a girlfriend that would always order the most expensive thing on the menu (when I was paying), then eat very little of it. However, the wife ran into her a few years ago and said she's kept her figure, which is no small feat in her culture.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: Creekrunner] #8989674 01/17/24 10:09 PM
T
TPACK Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
The son had a girlfriend that would always order the most expensive thing on the menu (when I was paying), then eat very little of it. However, the wife ran into her a few years ago and said she's kept her figure, which is no small feat in her culture.

My granddaughter dated a guy that did something similar. We would all go out to eat for a birthday or something and he would always order the most expensive thing on the menu. I never understood someone doing that. When I know someone is buying my supper, I try to do the opposite. My granddaughter did break up with the guy, but I still rub it in to my son though. Thats how I roll.

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989677 01/17/24 10:11 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
1. Canned vegetables
2. Processed meats
3. Un-crispy bacon
4. Low grade gristly steaks
5. Packet gravy and sauces

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: skinnerback] #8989679 01/17/24 10:12 PM
J
Jesse Griffiths Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Double AC
Most of my actual pet peeves with game cooking is around how people approach or communicate about game animals.

1) People that think XYZ animal or part of an animal is categorically inedible. Ex) "You can't eat feral hogs, diver ducks, javelina" instead of phrasing it as "I don't know how to cook XYZ animal"

2) Using the term "Gamey" to describe wild game. I've yet to hear people align on what gaminess actually means so at best it's a poor descriptor and in most cases will be received negatively.

3) Just breasting game birds. Yes plucking is time consuming but it is just a normal part of the process of giving the animal you killed its full respect.

Right on man, right there with you. It is aggravating sometimes to hear people trash talk damn good protein sources that God has given us, because they are either too lazy to clean them/don't know how and don't have anyone to show them, just ignorant of how good that meat can be and repeat what they've been told or heard, or had a bad fork experience from someone who did it wrong.

Love it. So true.

author of The Turkey Book, The Hog Book and Afield
@thewildbooks.com @daidue.com
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989686 01/17/24 10:20 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I will try aoudad...if panKo cooks it.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989699 01/17/24 10:36 PM
1955 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
To much , salt & pepper

Last edited by 1955; 01/17/24 10:37 PM.
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989782 01/18/24 01:55 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Crunchy bacon

Last edited by redchevy; 01/18/24 01:55 AM.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8989804 01/18/24 02:18 AM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TPACK

Maybe they didn`t like it. I know there are foods that I like the way I fix it but have eaten someone else's version and no likey. On the other hand, I`ve seen people clean their plate 100% when I have a fish fry and then fill their plate again and eat very little and chunk it. That is just wasteful and I no likey that. realmad

Possibly but don't think so. Same thing, I've seen them eat most of a plate, discard some then refill and toss half or most of the 2nd one. My (ex) mother in law was the worst. Get a big plate, pick at it then toss it. I eat whatever the kids don't off their plates all the time but last thing I'll do is dive into a plate thats prob got wig hair and a little bit of Fixodent in the mashed potatoes.

Kids if you ever read this I'm sorry but thats how I feel about your Nana. Love Dad. lol.

Last edited by chalet; 01/18/24 02:19 AM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: chalet] #8989810 01/18/24 02:35 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Possibly but don't think so. Same thing, I've seen them eat most of a plate, discard some then refill and toss half or most of the 2nd one. My (ex) mother in law was the worst. Get a big plate, pick at it then toss it. I eat whatever the kids don't off their plates all the time but last thing I'll do is dive into a plate thats prob got wig hair and a little bit of Fixodent in the mashed potatoes.

Kids if you ever read this I'm sorry but thats how I feel about your Nana. Love Dad. lol.

cheers I feel ya. roflmao

I don't like people that waste food. My Dad always ate whatever we had left on our plates, cause my Momma worked hard on that meal and then cleaned up. Wasting food was a big thing back then, but not so much any more. I still eat the food that my kids don't, I have a 2'nd stomach reserved just for left over kid food. IF I can get the freakin' ketchup off of it. roflmao

Seafood boils are the worst. You don't know how to eat your meal and too proud to ask, so you throw most of what I just cooked in the trash can.

Woman, you about to learn or you don't get a plate next time. I know you're from the North, we can work on that, just don't throw $30-$50 worth of seafood in the trash can! I break from cooking to haul trash and look down to see at least a dozen easy to peel well seasoned shrimp thrown in the trash.

Started being more selective....

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: skinnerback] #8989969 01/18/24 03:49 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Seafood boils are the worst. You don't know how to eat your meal and too proud to ask, so you throw most of what I just cooked in the trash can.

Yep, the amount of sausage, potatoes, and corn wasted drives me nuts. But I also am unique and don't care for the potato or corn, the sausage is a nice addition but only need a few pieces.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: skinnerback] #8989981 01/18/24 04:06 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

cheers I feel ya. roflmao

I don't like people that waste food. My Dad always ate whatever we had left on our plates, cause my Momma worked hard on that meal and then cleaned up. Wasting food was a big thing back then, but not so much any more. I still eat the food that my kids don't, I have a 2'nd stomach reserved just for left over kid food. IF I can get the freakin' ketchup off of it. roflmao

Woman, you about to learn or you don't get a plate next time. I know you're from the North, we can work on that, just don't throw $30-$50 worth of seafood in the trash can! I break from cooking to haul trash and look down to see at least a dozen easy to peel well seasoned shrimp thrown in the trash.

Started being more selective....

Same here. You're talking to a man that still runs the baloney string through his front two teeth.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: chalet] #8989985 01/18/24 04:09 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
roflmao

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: chalet] #8989990 01/18/24 04:16 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Same here. You're talking to a man that still runs the baloney string through his front two teeth.

Ha! Knew I wasn’t the only one

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: redchevy] #8990001 01/18/24 04:31 PM
T
TPACK Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by redchevy

Ha! Knew I wasn’t the only one

I have thought about that in years. roflmao

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: Jimbo1] #8990778 01/20/24 11:56 AM
C
Catperch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Cheese on or in everything! Enough already!

Blasphemy!!!

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #8990779 01/20/24 12:11 PM
C
Catperch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Improperly cooked bacon…. There is one acceptable way to cook bacon. It needs no description. It’s to be cooked the way it was intended and that’s the correct way, my way, the way I like it. I don’t get the debate. Crispy is wrong, soft is wrong, right is right.

The aunt that takes ALL THE LEFTOVER BBQ home that I spent days preparing for Thanksgiving, leaving nothing for my family. I will be making the to go plates next year.

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: redchevy] #8992031 01/22/24 05:28 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by redchevy
Crunchy bacon

Boy, you ain't right.

Stale bread like on my sandwich for lunch.

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #9070997 07/02/24 11:57 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hunters that refer to the continent of Africa like it's a country. We all know most of them hunted in South Africa, but still. I know it's intoxicating but... [Linked Image]

Even one of my favorite authors did it - "I had a farm in Afrika, at the foot of the Ngong hills." grin

Re: Pet Peeves or Dislikes [Re: TPACK] #9071171 07/03/24 03:33 PM
B
Blank Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
1. Brussel Sprouts
2. Over salted
3. Over done meats
4. Too much heat. Gave up on testosterone contests, when I quit getting drunk with the boys in the Navy. smile

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide