Forums46
Topics538,743
Posts9,740,693
Members87,109
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8960837 11/24/23 12:55 PM
J
JP4065 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
My experience with Leica customer service and warranty was very poor. Leica carries a 3 year warranty on the electronics of the range finding binos and mine failed within the first year. Almost 6 months for them to get returned to me and they were not fixed. Multiple phone calls, emails, and I finally told them to keep the binos as I will just take the loss. Amazingly, I received a new set of binos within two weeks.

A few years ago, I had a Nikon Monarch rifle scope leak. I got a coupon from Nikon to use toward another product line as they no longer replace or repair scopes. I lost on that deal.

I will need to use the warranty service with Vortex after hunting season. I have a Razor LHT rifle scope that has an issue with the side focus knob and illuminating switch. I have replaced the battery and the switch still does not make contact all the time and the reticle light has the appearance of a half moon.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: flintknapper] #8960908 11/24/23 03:13 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by flintknapper

Vortex has always offered a good looking optic and typically a product with a lot 'features' for the price. But IMO it is at the expense of lasting quality. Which may be fine for a lot of folks. But please don't be a sucker and think that out of the goodness of their hearts....they are offering a fantastic warranty for sake of their customers. You already paid for it.

Has anyone here ever said any differently? Consumers don't give a crap about any of that, other than the fact that Vortex (Athlon, Leupy too) will repair or replace it forever, quickly.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Jgraider] #8960962 11/24/23 04:25 PM
W
Wytex Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Originally Posted by Wytex
I know they have problems , on occasion. I'm talking about lower end Vortex. It is well known that their higher end stuff is much better.

Never had to send in my Swaros again in say 25 years, Leicas I own have never been send in.
We have Leupold scopes on all of our rifles and only one has had an issue, I lost the end piece off of it.
35 years of Leupold and not once had a failure, Swaros still working great after 25 years.
If your higher end glass has had lots of issues then might be the user, not the glass.

You're dumb as a box of rocks if you actually believe that crap.

How long have you been hunting and using that Vortex glass, anywhere close to 30 years?
Oh my, name calling now. Have a better argument? Vortex does not sell more than other high end glass, just Google their numbers it comes right up.
https://www.zippia.com/vortex-optics-careers-1442366/revenue/
https://www.zoominfo.com/c/swarovski-optik/168740574
https://www.zeiss.com/corporate/en/about-zeiss/present/newsroom/press-releases/2022/annual-report-2021-22.html#:~:text=Oberkochen%2C%20Germany%20%7C%2014%20December%202022%20%7C%20ZEISS%20Group&text=Revenue%20rose%20by%2016%25%20to,period%3A%2030%20September%202022).

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8961010 11/24/23 06:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
In all fairness no one has hard numbers especially on Vortex, unless you are their raw goods supplier and did a credit app but then you arent getting full numbers just Banking ref.

Swaro is private also, even though they do release numbers I don't think they break out NA numbers for sport optics.

Ive also never seen Zeiss group break out sport optics but I do now it is a fraction of their over all revenue .

So this argument will continue to be circular with no winner

I have two swaro scopes that are sink weights because swaro no longer warranties them. Ive never had that problem with Leuppy or Vortex.. Zeiss warranty was good but slow

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8961026 11/24/23 07:35 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Tasco for the win. They make junk and I doubt any other optics company grosses more money than they do annually.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8961041 11/24/23 08:15 PM
W
Wytex Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
W
Evidently this box of rocks doesn't know some folks treat their equipment harder than others, or doesn't take care with it like everyone on the planet.
We all treat our equipment the same? Hardly.

"The indisputable fact is, Leica, Zeiss, and Swaro sell a miniscule amount of glass compared to Vortex, Leupy, Athlon, Bushnell, and Nikon. "
Let's see some numbers .

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8961064 11/24/23 09:00 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
For what it’s worth I have owned a huge number of different brands. I have had only 2 failures......one was a Swaro and the other a Simmons. Thought I had a bad Weaver at one time but it was just a bad gun.

Of all my scopes the one that has seen the most use is my Vortex Viper 6.5x20 sitting on a 6.8 AR. It has been my primary rig for probably 10-12 years. It sees more rounds through it every year than all my other guns combined. If I thought for one minute the scope was a weak point I would swap it out for something else in a heart beat. Dropped two pigs with it yesterday. KNOCK ON WOOD!! LOL!
[Linked Image]

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Wytex] #8961101 11/24/23 10:36 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Evidently this box of rocks doesn't know some folks treat their equipment harder than others, or doesn't take care with it like everyone on the planet.

"The indisputable fact is, Leica, Zeiss, and Swaro sell a miniscule amount of glass compared to Vortex, Leupy, Athlon, Bushnell, and Nikon. "
Let's see some numbers .

I would think there is probably some truth just do to price point as the US sub 500 market is probably the highest % of sporting sales but its not an indication of quality. unless Swaro/Leica/zeiss break out their US sporting numbers and Vortex goes public , its just a giant circular argument, that going to never have a winner. From a sku size and limited scope sales I would assume and from what I heard from their old rep group Leica is irrelevant outside of Geovid sales.

some day someone will make a scope with swaro glass and NF reliability and Vortex price point, just not today unfortunately.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: ntxtrapper] #8961108 11/24/23 10:48 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Tasco for the win. They make junk and I doubt any other optics company grosses more money than they do annually.

They are owned by Vista outdoors, i couldnt find their revenue breakout. I think I reas, they are just a rebranding importer, but who knows.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Wytex] #8961122 11/24/23 11:20 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

The 3 different Leica 3200.com's were NEW units that didn't work.....got any more great examples from MY personal use? Funny thing is I don't remember seeing you around anywhere when I was testing any of them, or the two Swaro scopes for that matter, or the Zeiss spotter that wouldn't focus and only took Zeiss 8 months to get it fixed and returned. Let's hear some more.

I was part of the G&O program for Leupold, Meopta, and a short time with Swaro. I'm likely much more familiar with the market than you are Wytex, but keep guessing, you're doing good.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8961124 11/24/23 11:23 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Let's see some numbers .

I would think there is probably some truth just do to price point as the US sub 500 market is probably the highest % of sporting sales but its not an indication of quality. unless Swaro/Leica/zeiss break out their US sporting numbers and Vortex goes public , its just a giant circular argument, that going to never have a winner. From a sku size and limited scope sales I would assume and from what I heard from their old rep group Leica is irrelevant outside of Geovid sales.

some day someone will make a scope with swaro glass and NF reliability and Vortex price point, just not today unfortunately.

I agree. You can walk in any sporting good store in America and ask what optic they sell the most of. I guarantee is ain't S, L, or Z by a long shot. The alpha market is very, very small.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8961388 11/25/23 03:49 PM
W
Wytex Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
W
"If your higher end glass has had lots of issues then might be the user, not the glass."

"You're dumb as a box of rocks if you actually believe that crap."

Guess what, you have crap for brains if you think everyone treats their equipment the same.
Put that scope on a rifle that sits in a blind and never gets dialed, doesn't hit the filed in inclement weather and compared the use to say yourself, the big expert long range hunter.
That guy in a blind may never change or dial his scope for a shot longer than 100-150 yds. Yet there you are out in the elements hunting hard and using the long range scope as it is designed for. Any chance you would have more issues because you use it more than the guy in the blind
No chance you might have more issues with your equipment than the guy in the blind?
Give me a break, you know that is very possible and can likely happen.

We all know folks that break or misuse everything they own. They complain that nothing lasts or is build like the old days. Yet, when you see them use equipment or tools you know why they don't last, the user is the problem not the equipment.

My argument is about lower end Vortex optics, you brought in Bushnell, Athlon and others, I did not.

I'm still waiting for numbers on Vortex compared to the higher end glass companies and electronics were never mentioned or brought up by myself. Those have nothing to do with scopes. You keep saying they sell miniscule amounts of good glass so show us the numbers.

Question for those that have used this great warranty , which I have never said was bad.
Do they repair your damaged scope or send a new one, on the lower end stuff?

If they send a new one out why is that, no components are worth saving and repairing, or just not up to snuff to repair ?
How many times when you send in that better quality glass do they just send out a new one, not ever in my case .
If they can afford to just trash what is damaged and send a new one then maybe their components are not the highest quality and it is easier and cheaper to just replace.
There is a reason for that.

You keep bringing up your higher end Vortex, this is all about lower end .
Do you use lower end Vortex optics?

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Wytex] #8961464 11/25/23 07:25 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
"If your higher end glass has had lots of issues then might be the user, not the glass."

"You're dumb as a box of rocks if you actually believe that crap."

Guess what, you have crap for brains if you think everyone treats their equipment the same.
Put that scope on a rifle that sits in a blind and never gets dialed, doesn't hit the filed in inclement weather and compared the use to say yourself, the big expert long range hunter.
That guy in a blind may never change or dial his scope for a shot longer than 100-150 yds. Yet there you are out in the elements hunting hard and using the long range scope as it is designed for. Any chance you would have more issues because you use it more than the guy in the blind
No chance you might have more issues with your equipment than the guy in the blind?
Give me a break, you know that is very possible and can likely happen.

We all know folks that break or misuse everything they own. They complain that nothing lasts or is build like the old days. Yet, when you see them use equipment or tools you know why they don't last, the user is the problem not the equipment.

My argument is about lower end Vortex optics, you brought in Bushnell, Athlon and others, I did not.

I'm still waiting for numbers on Vortex compared to the higher end glass companies and electronics were never mentioned or brought up by myself. Those have nothing to do with scopes. You keep saying they sell miniscule amounts of good glass so show us the numbers.

Question for those that have used this great warranty , which I have never said was bad.
Do they repair your damaged scope or send a new one, on the lower end stuff?

If they send a new one out why is that, no components are worth saving and repairing, or just not up to snuff to repair ?
How many times when you send in that better quality glass do they just send out a new one, not ever in my case .
If they can afford to just trash what is damaged and send a new one then maybe their components are not the highest quality and it is easier and cheaper to just replace.
There is a reason for that.

You keep bringing up your higher end Vortex, this is all about lower end .
Do you use lower end Vortex optics?

A bunch of wasted hot air. Not surprised coming from you. Do yourself a favor and go back a read the OP before embarrassing yourself any more than you already have. There's zero mention of "low end" Vortex stuff except in that empty mind of yours.

Then I came back with this.....

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Between myself and my buddy who guided hunts over 16 years, we've sent back several Swarovski scopes, Leica binos, a Zeiss spotter, a couple of Leupold scopes, and a Sig bino/rf. They all have customer service departments for a reason. What Vortex did for it's customers when they got screwed over by Liberty Optics is beyond what any one of them would have ever done. You Vortex hater's need to come to grips with that fact. Just spent 10 days whitetail hunting in the TX Panhandle. The Fury AB's are a superb piece of equipment.

....and your brilliant response was this.....

I know they have problems , on occasion. I'm talking about lower end Vortex. It is well known that their higher end stuff is much better.

Never had to send in my Swaros again in say 25 years, Leicas I own have never been send in.
We have Leupold scopes on all of our rifles and only one has had an issue, I lost the end piece off of it.
35 years of Leupold and not once had a failure, Swaros still working great after 25 years.
If your higher end glass has had lots of issues then might be the user, not the glass.

No remind me how my own personal experience with high end glass is "user error", when the Leica's were brand spanking new. I'll wait.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide