Print Thread
Crossbow RF Scopes? #8943643 10/26/23 12:06 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Do they make scopes for crossbows that have range finders built in and if so are they any good? I had never even thought about it but someone said they do. It seems it would be a game changer for me since Im fanatical about accuracy to insure clean and short track kills. When you set up to shoot and he keeps moving and you have to stop to rerange, it would be great not to have to.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8943749 10/26/23 02:45 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Don't know of any, not saying they do not exist though.. I get in the stand and learn distances to things like trees, rocks, bushes... and do not range anything again. Hunting fields is a bit more problematic though than places I usually hunt.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8943776 10/26/23 03:38 AM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Thr Garmin Xero and the Burris Oracle. The Burris seems to have issues and the Garmin is $1800.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8964642 11/30/23 04:48 PM
C
clay breaker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I've been running a Garmin Xero on a Ten Point Vapor RS470 for the last two seasons. The Xero is phenomenal in good light, ranging is spot on, shot mine out to yards in calm wind bullseye every time. Killed a few deer with it, no string jumping on this combo, its too fast, none went 15 yds. The cons, it's heavy, and the illuminated reticle is too bright even on the lowest setting to use the scope in low light, i hope they remedy with an update soon.

Surplus Guys Building Materials- Gainesville,TX
Check us out and "like" on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Surplus-Guys-Building-Materials/212939587490?ref=hlerials
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8967109 12/04/23 03:44 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks guys. That’s pricey but nice to know there’s an option.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: clay breaker] #8969446 12/07/23 07:42 PM
syncerus Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by clay breaker
I've been running a Garmin Xero on a Ten Point Vapor RS470 for the last two seasons. The Xero is phenomenal in good light, ranging is spot on, shot mine out to yards in calm wind bullseye every time. Killed a few deer with it, no string jumping on this combo, its too fast, none went 15 yds. The cons, it's heavy, and the illuminated reticle is too bright even on the lowest setting to use the scope in low light, i hope they remedy with an update soon.

Are you using the ambient lighting feature or are you adjusting the illumination level manually?

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8974884 12/18/23 09:06 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
As stated there are some options, but they are pricey...but good glass is pricey. I am not certain the punch is worth the price though. I understand these do a good job of adjusting the "pin" to use based on the ranged distance and angle of shooting, so that's pretty cool, but if they are not usable in low light when a lot of xbow shots will be taken, then what's the point?

I have not seen many reviews online for these, but I know Ten Point is now (as of a couple years ago) selling their high end bows with the Burris or Garmin units already on. To me, that says they might be worth it. The bigger question is how is the range figured, but a push button, as that would create movement as well....always something isn't there?

And always something to take our money away from us....Those new ten point bows sure seem slick as cow snot. Shooting at near 500fps, that's blazing fast! As was stated above by clay breaker, nothing jumping that string at that speed.

Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8977002 12/23/23 03:51 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
As stated there are some options, but they are pricey...but good glass is pricey. I am not certain the punch is worth the price though. I understand these do a good job of adjusting the "pin" to use based on the ranged distance and angle of shooting, so that's pretty cool, but if they are not usable in low light when a lot of xbow shots will be taken, then what's the point?

I have not seen many reviews online for these, but I know Ten Point is now (as of a couple years ago) selling their high end bows with the Burris or Garmin units already on. To me, that says they might be worth it. The bigger question is how is the range figured, but a push button, as that would create movement as well....always something isn't there?

And always something to take our money away from us....Those new ten point bows sure seem slick as cow snot. Shooting at near 500fps, that's blazing fast! As was stated above by clay breaker, nothing jumping that string at that speed.

Come on, TxBuc, on the movement issue. You can do better.
The plus of the combo scope and RF is in comparing it to a regular hand held RF. Much less movement to pushing a button on a shouldered weapon than grabbing a RF and aiming then putting down again while hoping it doesn’t clank on weapon. Not saying it’s worth the money but I see less movement and speed as the entire reason to consider it.

Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8977018 12/23/23 05:35 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
If you have an experienced xbow hunter who knows exactly where their rangefinder is and can reach for it slowly while the weapon is shouldered, move their head slightly and get a range and then place the rf back where it was located, then there doesnt need to be much movement. I dont see pushing a button on the scope as any less movement in the grand scheme of things. Yes in a technical manner, but realistically not really.

Of course an inexperienced hunter who makes those moves really big and obvious will benefit from the all in one package….but that isnt who we are talking about.

Tbh, i rarely range when getting ready to shoot anyway. I range specific things prior that give me a good visual radius of different distances and use those ranges to get me real close. For modern crossbows, we dont need to be within 1 yard, we need to be within 5 (unless you are shooting way further than you should be, but i know you arent doing that).

Almost all my shots are within 30 yards and most are between 20-30, so being “close enough” has worked well and never given me a bad shot that was too high or too low. If i was going to take a poke out past 40 yards, i would want to get an accurate range but at that range i have some extra flexibility on movement i don’t have at 20 or 15.

Re: Crossbow RF Scopes? [Re: freerange] #8989262 01/17/24 02:59 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im bumping this thread up in hopes there will be some new feedback. I still haven’t researched it yet but my offseason just started and it’s on my mind. It’s evidently very pricey but it’s a really great feature to someone like me that is fanatical about accurate shot placement EVERY time.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide