Jim Shockey's new book #8938075 10/18/23 02:49 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

For those of you that have followed Jim Shockey's career, I highly suggest you check out this book! It came out yesterday and I put it along the lines of the Jack Carr books, in the thriller, adventure avenue. However, one of the main characters bares an almost identical storyline to that of Jim's, which lends to a very autobiographical component. One of the villains in the story is anti-hunter and there is a lot of talk about the hunter's lifestyle and need to keep that way of life. I feel like everyone here would probably get a kick out of it.

I had the honor, or honour, of interviewing Jim last week. The podcast launched yesterday and you can see it in the Video links, here on THF. We had an amazing chat about the book, his life, and the unfortunate and recent passing of his beautiful wife, Louise. He really opened up and explored a lot, and if you are interested, I think it is a conversation worth tuning into.

He is also doing a book tour and is stopping at the Bass Pro in Katy, TX this Friday from 2-5pm. If you are nearby, go say hello and get a copy of the book signed. He says he need a good celebration and some uplifting events, probably now more that ever.

If you want to order a copy of the book, I just built a website for him and it has all the links to the books, eBook and AudioBooks:
www.CallMeHunter.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About The Book
Astoundingly original, relentlessly paced, and purely authentic.” —Jack Carr, #1 New York Times bestselling author

An elite secret society of killers has controlled the world’s treasures for hundreds of years…until one member tears himself free to salvage his soul and protect his daughter’s life in this electrifying and thrilling debut.

The single greatest work of art in the world is not in the Louvre or The Met, or in any private collection. In fact, its whereabouts are unknown.

Once in a long while, a child is born possessing the rarest of gifts, the innate ability to feel impossible beauty, to recognize priceless works of art. When such a child is discovered, a 250-year-old secret organization called Our World trains them to acquire the greatest works of art through theft, bribery, forgery, and even murder. Once found, the masterpiece will disappear again without anyone ever knowing it surfaced and sold for billions of dollars of profit at a secret auction attended by only the wealthiest of the art world’s patrons.

One of Our World’s rare geniuses is Zhivago. He is also a psychopathic killer. On his trail is Hunter, a man who will stop at nothing to destroy the organization and save his daughter from suffering the same fate her mother did at its hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Son of a Blitch; 10/18/23 02:54 PM.

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: Son of a Blitch] #8938085 10/18/23 02:57 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
I don't know how others feel about Jim, the times that I have watched his shows I have enjoyed, anyone that appreciates nature the way he does can't be all bad, the one thing that suprised me the first time I watched, he does not necessarily go for trophy, more the older past prime animal. my .02

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: Son of a Blitch] #8939876 10/20/23 03:07 PM
S
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
...by the way, I'm giving away a free copy of this book.

All I ask is that you subscribe/follow my podcast on youtube and wherever you listen to podcasts, and then comment "entered" below.

I'll pic a winner next Tuesday and ship out a book next week. You can also enter on my IG or FB pages

youtube.com/@sonofablitch

IG "thesonofablitch"
FB "GeorgeBlitch"

PS - Jim will be at the Katy Bass Pro Shop from 2-5pm today (Friday, 10/20)

Last edited by Son of a Blitch; 10/20/23 03:08 PM.

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: colt45-90] #8939909 10/20/23 03:39 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by colt45-90
I don't know how others feel about Jim, the times that I have watched his shows I have enjoyed, anyone that appreciates nature the way he does can't be all bad, the one thing that suprised me the first time I watched, he does not necessarily go for trophy, more the older past prime animal. my .02

Jim is a genuinely good guy. Probably the only person in the hunting community who is actually the person he portrays on tv.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: txtrophy85] #8941140 10/22/23 03:35 PM
S
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

Jim is a genuinely good guy. Probably the only person in the hunting community who is actually the person he portrays on tv.

fully agree! Got to spend some quality time with him, while he was here on Friday. He’s a great guy, in my opinion! Family man, strong faith, with a strong sense of community, and he gives back! He runs the Hand of Man Museum and has left a 40 year endowment to keep it free to the public. He grew up in the trailer parks and wants all kids to have the opportunity to experience art and history, for free. Good dude. And a helluva writer!

Last edited by Son of a Blitch; 10/22/23 03:36 PM.

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: Son of a Blitch] #8941253 10/22/23 06:40 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Son of a Blitch
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

fully agree! Got to spend some quality time with him, while he was here on Friday. He’s a great guy, in my opinion! Family man, strong faith, with a strong sense of community, and he gives back! He runs the Hand of Man Museum and has left a 40 year endowment to keep it free to the public. He grew up in the trailer parks and wants all kids to have the opportunity to experience art and history, for free. Good dude. And a helluva writer!

I will make it to that museum one day. Looks incredible.

Btw….when do I get to be a guest on your podcast? The last one I did Jim was actually the next guest IIRC

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Jim Shockey's new book [Re: Son of a Blitch] #8941398 10/22/23 10:18 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Thanks for posting!

SPACE FOR RENT

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide