Forums46
Topics544,097
Posts9,806,643
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ducknbass] #8877829 07/05/23 01:29 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Trapper would have been head gestapo in another life. Proudly.

Did you learn how to angrily belittle others in church? Pretty sure you “consider” yourself a good Christian. Just curious.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878001 07/05/23 02:00 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Not a good Christian. Just a Christian.

In your defense you spent a lot of years doing something I wouldn’t do. But you’re jaded and your view of the general pop is we’re all guilty criminals with 0 rights and no public official has ever done wrong. Hopefully a few more years of retirement you can get some balanced again.

But as of now you’re still a Jack boot.

Last edited by ducknbass; 07/05/23 02:01 PM.
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878003 07/05/23 02:03 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Can you say a bit "over zealous" and no, this isn't being applied to Trapper.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878042 07/05/23 03:33 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Just a reminder this thread started with a report of an officer admitting to going onto a landowner's property and taking his game camera without his permission. The focus was on the officer's actions and not he himself. The best forums are those where people stay focused on events rather than individuals. Anything else is just a needless distraction.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 07/05/23 03:37 PM.

"When the debate is lost, insults become the tool of the loser."
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ducknbass] #8878054 07/05/23 03:57 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

In your defense you spent a lot of years doing something I wouldn’t do. But you’re jaded and your view of the general pop is we’re all guilty criminals with 0 rights and no public official has ever done wrong. Hopefully a few more years of retirement you can get some balanced again.

In this thread I quoted the case law that specifically applied to the Open Field Docrine and stated that killing law enforcement, or anyone else for that matter, for trespassing was not justified in any way. Your response is that I would have proudly engaged in a central roll to carry out the Jewish holocaust.

Hunters, as well as everyone else, has a lot more to fear from a wolf in sheep's clothing than any game warden. I'm quite sure you know what one of those looks like.....

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ducknbass] #8878067 07/05/23 04:29 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878110 07/05/23 06:12 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
Interesting.

Godwin's law still relevant today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8878126 07/05/23 06:40 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Interesting.

Godwin's law still relevant today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Sad, but true. It would seem that many people applying that label are not truly aware of the depth of evil connected to it.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878127 07/05/23 06:51 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Just a reminder this thread started with a report of an officer admitting to going onto a landowner's property and taking his game camera without his permission. The focus was on the officer's actions and not he himself. The best forums are those where people stay focused on events rather than individuals. Anything else is just a needless distraction.

Dan, “anything else is a needless distraction” is not true. The anything else stuff has “entertainment” value and is about the only reason to keep checking back on this thread. I gave up on trying to make my point but I’ll still try to distract here and there. For instance, I can’t remember having any issues with Trappers comments.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: freerange] #8878139 07/05/23 07:11 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
Originally Posted by freerange
For instance, I can’t remember having any issues with Trappers comments.

My perception of Trapper's comments is he has been a valuable member for providing information on how the law and law enforcement is currently operating without giving much of a personal opinion regarding agreement or disagreement. A perfect example was the Open-Field's Doctrine.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Hudbone] #8878140 07/05/23 07:12 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone

If you can find where trapper has ever once faulted a public official be it police to tax appraisers I’ll agree.

I’ll wait right here.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ducknbass] #8878145 07/05/23 07:27 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

If you can find where trapper has ever once faulted a public official be it police to tax appraisers I’ll agree.

I’ll wait right here.

That's a big jump from, "Trapper would have been head gestapo in another life. Proudly." Quite a leap.

I got under Trapper's skin once, but that's okay. We weren't diametrically opposed, but significantly different. He's the only guy who has ever disagreed with me on this forum. I realized different experiences make people, well, different. Different is far from being bad and in no way are gestapo coments appropriate in my eyes. In fact, I would call that a low blow.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878177 07/05/23 08:52 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Acceptable. I’m known to go far out on comments always have.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Hudbone] #8878202 07/05/23 09:52 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U

I’ll wait right here.

That's a big jump from, "Trapper would have been head gestapo in another life. Proudly." Quite a leap.

I got under Trapper's skin once, but that's okay. We weren't diametrically opposed, but significantly different. He's the only guy who has ever disagreed with me on this forum. I realized different experiences make people, well, different. Different is far from being bad and in no way are gestapo coments appropriate in my eyes. In fact, I would call that a low blow.

Gonna have to disagree with you there.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: unclebubba] #8878207 07/05/23 10:12 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by unclebubba

I’ll wait right here.

Well...now there is two.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878213 07/05/23 10:18 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Arrr...

"are two."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878225 07/05/23 10:35 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Well I went on sabbatical from this thread but found myself back here today reading the comments.

For those here who think GW's and LEO's are out to get them ...... I will offer this advice one more time.

Go find a GW or LEO and ask to ride out with them - I have done ride outs with my LEO son multiple times and I dare you to do so and then report back here as to what you experienced on your ride out. It will totally make you appreciate these folks so much more.

What most of us envision what their lives are like are not even close to what really goes on in the real world. They deal daily with what is mostly the scum of our society - Many of their interactions are with good, law abiding citizens but believe me they also deal with some of the worst of the worst. Imagine pulling over a car in the middle of the night with 4-5 passengers in it and having no idea who you are dealing with and you are by yourself.

When they suit up for work everyday they know there is a chance they could not come back home to their family because of the danger they deal with every day.

So again - for those of you here who feel like you have been mistreated by a GW or LEO go ride out (it is easy to do) -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Creekrunner] #8878227 07/05/23 10:38 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Arrr...

"are two."

rofl

Creek...we're rednecks around here, you have to speak like one. wink

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878237 07/05/23 11:01 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I c'ain't cotton to that.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: unclebubba] #8878240 07/05/23 11:08 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by unclebubba

I’ll wait right here.

Would be interesting to know what part you disagree with. Or maybe you are way ahead of me and just couldn’t wait to be the second one…

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878272 07/05/23 11:54 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Lots of sensitive hunters in THF...

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: tlk] #8878283 07/06/23 12:09 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by tlk
Well I went on sabbatical from this thread but found myself back here today reading the comments.

For those here who think GW's and LEO's are out to get them ...... I will offer this advice one more time.

Go find a GW or LEO and ask to ride out with them - I have done ride outs with my LEO son multiple times and I dare you to do so and then report back here as to what you experienced on your ride out. It will totally make you appreciate these folks so much more.

What most of us envision what their lives are like are not even close to what really goes on in the real world. They deal daily with what is mostly the scum of our society - Many of their interactions are with good, law abiding citizens but believe me they also deal with some of the worst of the worst. Imagine pulling over a car in the middle of the night with 4-5 passengers in it and having no idea who you are dealing with and you are by yourself.

When they suit up for work everyday they know there is a chance they could not come back home to their family because of the danger they deal with every day.

So again - for those of you here who feel like you have been mistreated by a GW or LEO go ride out (it is easy to do) -

I’ve never been mistreated by a gw. Gotten a few tickets from them too. One I drank coffee with before and after said ticket.

I don’t think they’re all out to get me.

I do not advocate shooting trespassers would be a great way to end up in jail or dead by a better shot.

Doesn’t mean I’m okay with GW climbing fences and confiscating private property in a secretive manner. Sorry I’m just not okay with that and I’ll Never be okay with it. Period

I’ve heard my whole life gws can just waltz into any property they want and do as they wish. The constitution says something different.

Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: freerange] #8878287 07/06/23 12:19 AM
U
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by freerange

Would be interesting to know what part you disagree with. Or maybe you are way ahead of me and just couldn’t wait to be the second one…

You said Hud is the only one on here that has disagreed with you. I disagree. It went over your head. Just trying to add jest to a thread that has gone off the rails.

current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: ducknbass] #8878294 07/06/23 12:41 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

I’ve never been mistreated by a gw. Gotten a few tickets from them too. One I drank coffee with before and after said ticket.

I don’t think they’re all out to get me.

I do not advocate shooting trespassers would be a great way to end up in jail or dead by a better shot.

Doesn’t mean I’m okay with GW climbing fences and confiscating private property in a secretive manner. Sorry I’m just not okay with that and I’ll Never be okay with it. Period

I’ve heard my whole life gws can just waltz into any property they want and do as they wish. The constitution says something different.

Like everything else in this world - there are good people and bad people, Good cops and bad cops. Good GW's and bad ones - But I guarantee you the vast majority of GW and LEO's are good, hard working, and honest people - seldom does one just "waltz onto any property and do as the wish" - you said you have "heard" your whole life they can do so - has that happened to you?? give me a break - again I dare you to go ride out with one of them - your entire perspective would change - once you do a ride out come back on here and tell us all about what you experienced

Last edited by tlk; 07/06/23 12:49 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Game Wardens overstepping their bounds? [Re: Texas Dan] #8878311 07/06/23 01:07 AM
U
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
It seems to me that some of you are reading things into what others are typing.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide