Forums46
Topics538,078
Posts9,732,736
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: Texas Dan] #8885481 07/19/23 10:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
The new landowners were very short sighted if they didn't recognize before they bought it the state could take it through eminent domain. The state simply called their bluff.

As for stealing, it's not like the state is paying nothing for it.

It was sold on the open market. State walked and choose NOT to purchase or bid. It was ALWAYS private property.

It’s straight up theft. State could of joined the bidding for acquisition choose not to, wasnt until bunch of marxists started crying months later that they decide TXparks should of bought it.

I hope TX SC either blocks the ED or ups it to 100x what was being offered and bankrupts the parks service side. They didn’t ED just the prior leased area, They ED’d the entire Ranch.

This is the way of Communism. Not shocking you support it Dan

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8885511 07/19/23 11:10 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
The new landowners were very short sighted if they didn't recognize before they bought it the state could take it through eminent domain. The state simply called their bluff.

As for stealing, it's not like the state is paying nothing for it.

It was sold on the open market. State walked and choose NOT to purchase or bid. It was ALWAYS private property.

It’s straight up theft. State could of joined the bidding for acquisition choose not to, wasnt until bunch of marxists started crying months later that they decide TXparks should of bought it.

I hope TX SC either blocks the ED or ups it to 100x what was being offered and bankrupts the parks service side. They didn’t ED just the prior leased area, They ED’d the entire Ranch.

This is the way of Communism. Not shocking you support it Dan

AMEN!

Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8887689 07/23/23 10:36 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Hope the land owner wins Bigly.

That being said hope no cowboys fan boys are upset about this use of eminent domain.

Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8957373 11/18/23 05:13 AM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
This is about to get more interesting. Special commission values the land at over 400 million. I’m starting to think that the land owner doesn’t really want to develop this and that he’d be happy if the state uses imminent domain to take the property. Then he makes a pretty penny without doing a single bit of work….especially if it is 4x the investment.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/for...more-than-418-million-what-happens-next/

Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8957549 11/18/23 04:27 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Listen to an interview with him on one of the AM stations a while back. He represents a group of investors. They just want and deserve a return on thier invetment.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: Lazyjack] #8957619 11/18/23 07:21 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Lazyjack
Listen to an interview with him on one of the AM stations a while back. He represents a group of investors. They just want and deserve a return on thier invetment.

Agree, my point is they may get it without doing anything.

Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: krmitchell] #8957727 11/18/23 11:14 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by krmitchell

Yes sir, should have added... I agree with your point. My bad.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: krmitchell] #8957899 11/19/23 12:18 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by krmitchell

he should get that if they use ED. What every gas line company has to do when they go to court and try to use ED.

If the roles where reversed everyone would want full development value

When you choose to skip the free market sale and backdoor it with ED you should pay development value, for using ED.

ED is RIPE for government abuse, this is perfect example

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8958597 11/20/23 05:19 PM
H
HenryL Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I'll be honest, I'm not very informed on the ED process - other than understanding what it is, I've never looked into the process. And I'm not sure why any individual department of the state government has the power of ED. Having a system where the governor doesn't have to push for and approve ED, with the advice and consent of the TX legislature, is a shady way of limiting accountability. That needs to be changed.

In my eyes, this was a total abuse of power by the state government and the ED system needs to be changed.

Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: jeh7mmmag] #8958707 11/20/23 08:10 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
This is a wolf in sheeps clothing issue.

It was purchased fair and square on the open market after TPWD decided to pass on it. Now they want to enforce Eminent Domain. Sure, its for a state park....this time.

Next time, Its gonna be a legacy ranch needed for a highway, power plant, or anything else the state deems "necessary".

Huge overreach on this one and the sale, to TPWD or any other third party, should be at the discretion of the current owner

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Senator quashes bill intended to save Fairfield Lake State Park [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8959752 11/22/23 06:17 AM
B
bhtkevin Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
Full development value? How is that even calculated? What if you want to build 30 skyscrapers valued at 80B dollars. Just pay that?

Why is fair market value not appropriate here?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide