Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? #8843827 05/01/23 01:23 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Since Texas went constitutional carry, if you carry a pistol concealed do you still need to carry your LTC/CHL with you when you are walking in public?

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843844 05/01/23 01:40 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
In Texas as of 2021, people who qualify under the law can carry a handgun in a public place in Texas without a license to carry (LTC). Texans can still apply for an LTC since it may carry additional benefits. this applies for concealed or NOT concealed.
Sections 46.02 and 46.04 of the Texas Penal Code describe unlawful carry and possession of a firearm. Generally, to carry a handgun in public in Texas without an LTC, a person must:

Be at least 21 years old (Note: a recent court decision may affect the age restriction)
Not have a prior felony conviction as described in Section 46.04
Not have a recent conviction for certain types of misdemeanors as described in Sections 46.02 and 46.04
Not be subject to an unexpired protective order as described in Section 46.04(c)
Not be restricted from possessing a firearm under federal law as described in 18 United States Code Section 922(g)
Not be intoxicated, except in certain situations as described in Section 46.02(a-6)
These changes did not give the right to carry a handgun to anyone who was prohibited before the amendment took effect. Section 2 of HB 1927 states:

[Linked Image]
peep

Last edited by Bass&More; 05/01/23 01:41 PM.
Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: Bass&More] #8843854 05/01/23 01:48 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Bass&More
In Texas as of 2021, people who qualify under the law can carry a handgun in a public place in Texas without a license to carry (LTC). Texans can still apply for an LTC since it may carry additional benefits. this applies for concealed or NOT concealed.
Sections 46.02 and 46.04 of the Texas Penal Code describe unlawful carry and possession of a firearm. Generally, to carry a handgun in public in Texas without an LTC, a person must:

Be at least 21 years old (Note: a recent court decision may affect the age restriction)
Not have a prior felony conviction as described in Section 46.04
Not have a recent conviction for certain types of misdemeanors as described in Sections 46.02 and 46.04
Not be subject to an unexpired protective order as described in Section 46.04(c)
Not be restricted from possessing a firearm under federal law as described in 18 United States Code Section 922(g)
Not be intoxicated, except in certain situations as described in Section 46.02(a-6)
These changes did not give the right to carry a handgun to anyone who was prohibited before the amendment took effect. Section 2 of HB 1927 states:

[Linked Image]
peep

So that means you can carry in public like on sidewalks without a LTC with the gun concealed?

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843856 05/01/23 01:51 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Yes you can.

My best answer however is to do the research yourself. There are still areas where you can carry with LTC and not just CC as they call it.
LTC still has benefits that you don't get not having one.

Spend time with the ones you love. Time is not guaranteed.
Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #8843859 05/01/23 01:53 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by kwrhuntinglab
Yes you can.

My best answer however is to do the research yourself. There are still areas where you can carry with LTC and not just CC as they call it.

Gotcha, I wanted to carry on my morning walks before sun came up in case of Coyote attack, I just didn't want to have to grab a licenses to carry with me as well each trip.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843862 05/01/23 01:56 PM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Yes you can.

Gotcha, I wanted to carry on my morning walks before sun came up in case of Coyote attack, I just didn't want to have to grab a licenses to carry with me as well each trip.

Still might want to have a drivers license with you, especially if you are carrying a gun.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: Superduty] #8843873 05/01/23 02:11 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Superduty
Yes you can.

Still might want to have a drivers license with you, especially if you are carrying a gun.

So then that kinda contradicts the laws, I would rather carry a LTC instead of DL.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843874 05/01/23 02:11 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
you might want to try a loud yell or pepper spray for Frisco neighborhood coyotes. They shouldn't bother you unless you're trolling with your tiny dog.

Doubt the Frisco POPO would like you shooting your Nina in a neighborhood.

Now, two legged varmints, DEFINITLY carry your Pistola.

BTW, you probably know Frisco has a new set of two legged POS stealing jewelry right off your body.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843875 05/01/23 02:11 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Yes you can.

How much does your firearm weigh?
How much does your LTC or DL card weigh?

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8843879 05/01/23 02:14 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
you might want to try a loud yell or pepper spray for Frisco neighborhood coyotes. They shouldn't bother you unless you're trolling with your tiny dog.

BTW, you probably know Frisco has a new set of two legged POS stealing jewelry right off your body.

We had 7 coyotes attacks in my area a few years ago, One lady jogger had to be rushed to emergency room for surgery

Frisco Police was rolling up and down El Doradao from Preston to Coit before sunrise with lights off alot back then, They even had guys walking fake dogs on leashes with guns by their sides. I walk every morning before sunrise for years, seen all this stuff in person.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8843881 05/01/23 02:17 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Yes you can.

I carry a hammerless SW titanium in a belt bag and it's very light, I also have my cellphone so I can listen to music.

I just don't want to be opening my wallet and transfering a DL or LTC each morning, I am usually out the door around 5:30 am, I am prone to loose stuff........

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843882 05/01/23 02:18 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"
Yes you can.

So then that kinda contradicts the laws, I would rather carry a LTC instead of DL.

Doesn't contradict anything... You are supposed to have Id on you pretty much anytime out in public. You are still required to carry your DL along with LTC if you have one.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843888 05/01/23 02:24 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
And if you don't have your ID , not a thing will happen to you

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843892 05/01/23 02:26 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R

Doesn't contradict anything... You are supposed to have Id on you pretty much anytime out in public. You are still required to carry your DL along with LTC if you have one.

Never heard that in my life you are suppose to have ID on you out in public, Where did you get this from? I can promise you in America this isn't a law or a requirment

Please let me see the Texas law or Federal law that says one is suppose to have ID in public

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843894 05/01/23 02:27 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Yes you can.

I carry a hammerless SW titanium in a belt bag and it's very light, I also have my cellphone so I can listen to music.

I just don't want to be opening my wallet and transfering a DL or LTC each morning, I am usually out the door around 5:30 am, I am prone to loose stuff........

Well...just drop that ID into your "belt bag". You probably won't lose your firearm so I doubt you will lose your ID.

Good luck!

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843900 05/01/23 02:33 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Well...just drop that ID into your fanny pack. You probably won't lose your firearm so I doubt you will lose your ID.

Good luck!

FIFY roflmao

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843903 05/01/23 02:36 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
O
If you carry your cell phone with you, take a picture of your DL and your CCW.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843910 05/01/23 02:41 PM
S
Sauerkraut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

We had 7 coyotes attacks in my area a few years ago, One lady jogger had to be rushed to emergency room for surgery

Frisco Police was rolling up and down El Doradao from Preston to Coit before sunrise with lights off alot back then, They even had guys walking fake dogs on leashes with guns by their sides. I walk every morning before sunrise for years, seen all this stuff in person.

That's wild. I thought the comment about carrying in case of coyote attack was a joke at first.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." - Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: Old Rabbit] #8843915 05/01/23 02:43 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
If you carry your cell phone with you, take a picture of your DL and your CCW.

Great plan, Would that suffice the laws requirments?

It there is a law requirment, I thought we had alot of police guys on this forum

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: Sauerkraut] #8843918 05/01/23 02:47 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut

That's wild. I thought the comment about carrying in case of coyote attack was a joke at first.

We had 3 attacks in subdivision alone, it was crazy everyone was walking around with a bat or golf club during the day on the walking trails

https://www.keranews.org/texas-news/2019-04-09/whats-behind-the-coyote-attacks-in-north-texas

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843919 05/01/23 02:48 PM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
WHen out for a walk I wear an Apple watch so i don't need to carry a cell phone. Take a picture of any documents you think you may need and keep them on your watch.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843921 05/01/23 02:51 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Yes you can.

If listening to music using ear buds that's how a 2 legged varmint will get you.

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843922 05/01/23 02:51 PM
B
bagster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
If you don't want to carry a handgun, something like a cattle prod would work. Back it up with some bear spray and you'd be good to go.

?
Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843924 05/01/23 02:53 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Always carry.
Don't be a victim.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Carrying a concealed Handgun in Public - LTC needed? [Re: RedRanger] #8843928 05/01/23 02:57 PM
kwrhuntinglab Offline
"The Guardian"
"The Guardian"

Never heard that in my life you are suppose to have ID on you out in public, Where did you get this from? I can promise you in America this isn't a law or a requirment

Please let me see the Texas law or Federal law that says one is suppose to have ID in public

If you are carrying or driving. Sorry should have elaborated..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide