N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
It’s amazing how much they F! Nearly every dog at the pound, has pit in it

That’s because the dirt bags who have them won’t pay to have them fixed.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: deerfeeder] #8834682 04/16/23 11:05 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by deerfeeder
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by TCM3
Originally Posted by Stub
I would not have one, nor would I have a Chow.

What's wrong with chows?
My aunt and uncle used to have 1. Sweet dog.
Heck of alot of hair.

We had two of them growing up, both psycho's and they stink! Something about them coming towards you with those beady little eyes poking through their facial hair always making that grunting noise.

You probably wouldn't like my Akbash then. At least he's gonna be big. The hair/coat is already a PITA.

I have nothing against hairy dogs, but the chows we had their hair was so dense and matted up real easy, when you pet them and smell your hands they would be stinky.

Had to look up an Akbash, good looking breed and would probably enjoy having one, their coat looks a lot like my mutts.

Akbash

[Linked Image]

My hairy mutt that sheds a lot, he never smells bad/ no stinky with him!

[Linked Image]

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: When will people learn? [Re: blkt2] #8834685 04/16/23 11:12 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Cue blkt2 to tell us how gentle they are in 3, 2, 1....

They are just a dog but they happen to be super strong and when things do go down it goes down pretty badly. I have one now but he is not aggressive enough for my taste; he has zero aggression and it is kind of a disappointment. I prefer a meaner dog that I can train. I can train an aggressive dog not to attack you but I can not train a non-aggressive one to attack without being abusive to it.

Pulled up a picture of the man killed and he looks just like I was expecting him to look.

This is the exact thinking of every pit owner that has been killed or mauled. “My pit is different”. The fact is, there are a lot of dead and disfigured people, including children, at the hands of a pitbull. My wife has life long scars from a pitbull and i get tired of hearing crap about how bad dogs are made. No, its no different than trying to make a gorilla, alligator, great white a pet, at some point their nature is gonna kick in and some idiot or innocent bystander is gonna pay the price because the owner thought “you can train an aggressive animal not to attack”. Right…..

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834705 04/16/23 12:38 PM
D
D.O.C.989 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
A well place 115 FMJ placed at eye level and slightly above will calm any pitbull down quickly. I have never seen it fail.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: jeepercreeper] #8834713 04/16/23 12:56 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Cue blkt2 to tell us how gentle they are in 3, 2, 1....

They are just a dog but they happen to be super strong and when things do go down it goes down pretty badly. I have one now but he is not aggressive enough for my taste; he has zero aggression and it is kind of a disappointment. I prefer a meaner dog that I can train. I can train an aggressive dog not to attack you but I can not train a non-aggressive one to attack without being abusive to it.

Pulled up a picture of the man killed and he looks just like I was expecting him to look.

This is the exact thinking of every pit owner that has been killed or mauled. “My pit is different”. The fact is, there are a lot of dead and disfigured people, including children, at the hands of a pitbull. My wife has life long scars from a pitbull and i get tired of hearing crap about how bad dogs are made. No, its no different than trying to make a gorilla, alligator, great white a pet, at some point their nature is gonna kick in and some idiot or innocent bystander is gonna pay the price because the owner thought “you can train an aggressive animal not to attack”. Right…..

I have somehow managed it for going on 35 years. I never set out to own a pitbull and thought that the dog I have now was a Lab and Ridgeback mix when I got him but a DNA test showed otherwise. He is a submissive and came from an abusive environment. I have owned many of what are considered aggressive breeds and the only people or thing that they ever attacked were people or things I directed them to attack. The most aggressive dog I ever owned was not even a pit, she was a chocolate lab American bull dog mix that I got from a board member. For the most part the dogs I have owned in my life are ones that have come to me and I just keep what I find. My pit has his head in my lap as I am typing this.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834725 04/16/23 01:18 PM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Reading the comments of pitbulls are bad, must be destroyed on site is the same as anti gunners saying guns are bad, must be taking away and destroyed. Same freaking attitude. If you don't like pitties, don't get one or don't go around one. I fully understand if you're out somewhere and any breed of dog is aggressive that you have reason to protect yourself. I personally shot a pit mix years ago that charged my wife in our yard. They are like people, some good, some evil. I never thought I'd own a pit until I rescued a puppy from dying and Embark says she's 63.4% pit. My chocolate Lab has snapped at and growled at more people than the pittie has. She chases off the coyotes from the house. She's great protection for my wife when I'm gone. And she's the most affectionate dog out of the 3 that I have.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: CoyoteHill] #8834746 04/16/23 01:56 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
Reading the comments of pitbulls are bad, must be destroyed on site is the same as anti gunners saying guns are bad, must be taking away and destroyed. Same freaking attitude. If you don't like pitties, don't get one or don't go around one. I fully understand if you're out somewhere and any breed of dog is aggressive that you have reason to protect yourself. I personally shot a pit mix years ago that charged my wife in our yard. They are like people, some good, some evil. I never thought I'd own a pit until I rescued a puppy from dying and Embark says she's 63.4% pit. My chocolate Lab has snapped at and growled at more people than the pittie has. She chases off the coyotes from the house. She's great protection for my wife when I'm gone. And she's the most affectionate dog out of the 3 that I have.

I brought that issue up in a previous thread and was told that guns aren't capable of independent action so they're much different. When I see people whining and crying about how dangerous something is I just envisione parents putting knee pads and helmets on their kids before they go outside or some Karen coughing and gagging saying she's dying from secondhand smoke because a person walked by her on the sidewalk with a cigarette in their hand.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834759 04/16/23 02:26 PM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I just try to expose the hypocrisy when someone makes a blanket statement like, "this happen so let's kill or get rid of them all!" The list of things we encounter daily that makes our lives easier or better and at the same time easily can kill us is way too long to list.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834760 04/16/23 02:27 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
They're all darlings right up until they eat someone's face off.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: When will people learn? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8834761 04/16/23 02:28 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
They're all darlings right up until they eat someone's face off.

Funny, I used to say the exact same thing about my dominatrix girlfriend.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834763 04/16/23 02:30 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I love dogs.

The pit bull is a breed I will never trust, and will never turn my back on. There is plenty of evidence to support that stance.

For every person telling a story of a sweet and gentle pit bull they owned, there are twice as many (or more) stories of pit bulls harming and/or killing animals and people.

It's just math.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834768 04/16/23 02:34 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
^^^ I am pretty sure that you only hear the bad stories because bad news is what news is. There are hundreds of thousands of good stories every single day that don't go reported.

I once didn't have to kill 4 men who were coming after me because my chocolate lab American bulldog mix took care of the problem faster than I could. Had I been alone there would have been 4 men dead in the street. She bit one guys finger off and I took it with me when I got out of there. It is a really funny story if you ever want to hear it.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834770 04/16/23 02:36 PM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
What's the math on people driving drunk, fatalities caused by drinking? Lives lost, bodies maimed.....yet we have a thread on here "what are we drinking?" For every person who has a good time drinking, there are just as many lives destroyed by it.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: CoyoteHill] #8834772 04/16/23 02:38 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
What's the math on people driving drunk, fatalities caused by drinking? Lives lost, bodies maimed.....yet we have a thread on here "what are we drinking?" For every person who has a good time drinking, there are just as many lives destroyed by it.

More are killed from looking at their phone. Who's going to give up their phone?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834774 04/16/23 02:43 PM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
AMEN to that, J.G!

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834780 04/16/23 02:51 PM
L
Longhorn74 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
L
I have no use for pits! Years ago my neighbor behind me had a pair of those mutts. It all came to a head when the damn things ate a hole through our wooden fence and the dogs tried to get to my two year old daughter. I brought out my browning high power to put a bullet into both of those mutts. After the police got to my house and had a come to Jesus meeting with that neighbor, the mutts disappeared. Good thing because they were about to eat all 13 rounds!

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834782 04/16/23 02:53 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Blk argues for sport. Ignore is the best thing you can do.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834791 04/16/23 03:02 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Our 11 year old rescue is 1/4 pit 1/4 rottweiler and 1/2 chow. (according to the doggy DNA test). He came from the mean streets of Irving with bad mange. I grew up with chows but I don't/ won't defend the breed nor do I care for pits.

Our dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Loves other dogs. But has mostly chow temperment... meaning he is a one family dog does not love strangers and keeps his distance. Has never gotten on furniture and likes his quiet time.
However unlike a chow he is very active and loves to play. I think that has to be the pit in him.

All this is to say... for mutts that have partial blood from some the breeds many of us don't like or trust, the mix could result in pretty good, balanced/sane family dog. Again, my .02 is full or majority blooded pits are untrustworthy (owners poor decision makers / lower EI) and I don't want any part of either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834802 04/16/23 03:34 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Nobody said all pits should be shot on the spot. But maybe they belong behind cages like other dangerous wild animals. Or are yall saying you’re also capable of controlling any animal? Lions, tigers, bears, sharks, gorillas, alligators….all home pet worthy because dangerous animals are not dangerous by nature, they are bred to be dangerous and can be simply trained to not kill and maim?

Re: When will people learn? [Re: jeepercreeper] #8834806 04/16/23 03:51 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Nobody said all pits should be shot on the spot. But maybe they belong behind cages like other dangerous wild animals. Or are yall saying you’re also capable of controlling any animal? Lions, tigers, bears, sharks, gorillas, alligators….all home pet worthy because dangerous animals are not dangerous by nature, they are bred to be dangerous and can be simply trained to not kill and maim?

Dogs have been with people for so long that it has influenced their evolution and they have evolved to serve man. Canines are unique in this regard and there's not another animal on the planet that has been so intertwined with humans for so long by a factor of about 35. The meanest dog I ever had could practically read my thoughts and she would throw herself in front of a bus before doing something she thought would displease me. She had zero qualms whatsoever about attacking a person but would never do so without my explicit permission. The only time she ever did anything aggressive without my permission was when she was playing with three of my clients children and a stranger approached them. She tackled the man and growled in his face while standing over him but other than knocking him down she didn't harm him. Fortunately the guy was a redneck and understood dogs very well and he was very impressed by her performance and told me that no harm was done and that I had nothing to worry about. Once she knew the man was not a threat to the children she calmed down and since he worked on the same property that I did she saw him on a regular basis for the rest of her life and was very friendly with him and when she saw him she would initiate play.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: blkt2] #8834815 04/16/23 04:03 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Dogs have been with people for so long that it has influenced their evolution and they have evolved to serve man. Canines are unique in this regard and there's not another animal on the planet that has been so intertwined with humans for so long by a factor of about 35. The meanest dog I ever had could practically read my thoughts and she would throw herself in front of a bus before doing something she thought would displease me. She had zero qualms whatsoever about attacking a person but would never do so without my explicit permission. The only time she ever did anything aggressive without my permission was when she was playing with three of my clients children and a stranger approached them. She tackled the man and growled in his face while standing over him but other than knocking him down she didn't harm him. Fortunately the guy was a redneck and understood dogs very well and he was very impressed by her performance and told me that no harm was done and that I had nothing to worry about. Once she knew the man was not a threat to the children she calmed down and since he worked on the same property that I did she saw him on a regular basis for the rest of her life and was very friendly with him and when she saw him she would initiate play.

Thats a cool story but if Im one of those clients Id probably think its cool the dog tried to protect my kid but I aint taking my eyes off that dog around my kids the rest of the time. Seen too many cases of good dogs flip a switch when a small child pulls a tail or something and the pet owner is in disbelief.

Watched a cocky dog owner at the park the other day trying to let his dog go unleashed. Dont know the breed but it looked like a pit mix. Damn thing almost ate a small dog if the small dog owner hadnt scooped it up. She was livid, rightfully called the cops and animal control, got the guys license plate as he tried to make a quick exit. There were lots of small children around too that got to learn the F and MF words. Thankfully nobody hurt except the small dog owner had scratches on her back and shirt torn a bit.

Re: When will people learn? [Re: ducknbass] #8834820 04/16/23 04:12 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Blk argues for sport. Ignore is the best thing you can do.

Yep, figured that out shortly after the last one of these threads.
up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: When will people learn? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834821 04/16/23 04:14 PM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
^^^ The homeowners owned aggressive breed dogs and they along with their children had been around my dog since she was 7 weeks old. They saw her for about 40 minutes per week for 11 years. If I showed up early enough in the day during the summer my dog would go through the dog door and go jump in bed with one of the children.

I should have given more details. The property was about a 6 acre property that had a large playground built on it for the children who were triplets. I was cleaning the pool and the kids always came outside to play with my dog when I was there. A workman was on the other side of a fence and climbed over it and jumped down on the ground and that's when my dog saw him, she alerted and she made her move right as he got up and started walking towards the kids. Had I known that he was working on the property I would have let her know ahead of time that he was okay but his truck was parked on the other side of the fence where I couldn't see it so I had no clue that any strangers were there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide