THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Was he convicted of other charges other than spitting on two police officers? If not then 70 years is excessive.

Used to be in the Dallas county, you killed someone like during a fight with a gun you would maybe get 2 years involuntary manslaughter.

Look like the time are a changing.

In Dallas county like many other big liberal counties such as Harris or Travis county and so on, it all depends upon who shot who! Politics and race play a huge factor in applying justice in those counties.

I ran into a black guy about 25 years ago and he was just getting out of prison for a life sentence and a girl I was seeing was his PO. He went to prison for murder in the late seventies. He did 12 and 1/2 years and got out on parole and when I ran into him he had just gone back for 2 years on a minor violation.

He was out late one night and got into an argument with a guy more accurately the man got into an argument with him. He tried to leave and when he did the man shot him in the back twice. He fell face first down onto the ground and the man that shot him walked up to him talking smack and was going to kill him.

Unbeknownst to the shooter the man he just shot had a revolver in his jacket pocket and he had his hand on it. The man fired six shots from inside of his jacket pocket and hit the man five times out of six. He said it was actually really satisfying to see the surprise on the guy's face when he shot him.

He didn't trust lawyers so he represented himself at trial. He had three trials with himself as the attorney and it was a hung jury every time. They finally convinced him to take a court appointed attorney and that attorney got him a life sentence. I will repeat that, a man who killed a man who had just shot him in the back got a life sentence for killing the man and the argument was over nothing and he was trying to leave when he was shot. Frequently people telling their story are extremely biased so I dug into his files and found out that every single word that came out of his mouth was exactly what the investigators wrote down. Justice? Maybe, the guy was a hoodlum anyway and was probably doing a lot of hoodlum stuff when he just happened to get wrapped up in that incident. Since I can't even remember the man's name anymore I can't look up what's become of him.

Let's review what you posted in Red.
First off he is a Convicted Felon out on parole, last I heard it is a Parole violation for him to carry a firearm.
So maybe he was out taking a Sunday stroll in the park and just happened to find that gun laying on the sidewalk in front of him, he reluctantly picked it up and put it in his coat pocket so he could take it straight to the police station and turn it in scratch

Last edited by Stub; 04/15/23 11:24 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: Stub] #8834604 04/16/23 01:58 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

I ran into a black guy about 25 years ago and he was just getting out of prison for a life sentence and a girl I was seeing was his PO. He went to prison for murder in the late seventies. He did 12 and 1/2 years and got out on parole and when I ran into him he had just gone back for 2 years on a minor violation.

He was out late one night and got into an argument with a guy more accurately the man got into an argument with him. He tried to leave and when he did the man shot him in the back twice. He fell face first down onto the ground and the man that shot him walked up to him talking smack and was going to kill him.

Unbeknownst to the shooter the man he just shot had a revolver in his jacket pocket and he had his hand on it. The man fired six shots from inside of his jacket pocket and hit the man five times out of six. He said it was actually really satisfying to see the surprise on the guy's face when he shot him.

He didn't trust lawyers so he represented himself at trial. He had three trials with himself as the attorney and it was a hung jury every time. They finally convinced him to take a court appointed attorney and that attorney got him a life sentence. I will repeat that, a man who killed a man who had just shot him in the back got a life sentence for killing the man and the argument was over nothing and he was trying to leave when he was shot. Frequently people telling their story are extremely biased so I dug into his files and found out that every single word that came out of his mouth was exactly what the investigators wrote down. Justice? Maybe, the guy was a hoodlum anyway and was probably doing a lot of hoodlum stuff when he just happened to get wrapped up in that incident. Since I can't even remember the man's name anymore I can't look up what's become of him.

First off he is a Convicted Felon out on parole, last I heard it is a Parole violation for him to carry a firearm.
So maybe he was out taking a Sunday stroll in the park and just happened to find that gun laying on the sidewalk in front of him, he reluctantly picked it up and put it in his coat pocket so he could take it straight to the police station and turn it in scratch

A convicted felon, which he had to have been, commits a new felony offense of Unlawful Possession Firearm when he possessed the firearm. It's good he's gone.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834637 04/16/23 03:12 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

A convicted felon, which he had to have been, commits a new felony offense of Unlawful Possession Firearm when he possessed the firearm. It's good he's gone.

He was not a felon when it happened to the best of my recollection. I believe that his first and only trip to the pen at that point was for killing the man that shot him. He was on parole when I ran into him; I believe that he had only been out for a day or two which is why my girlfriend was meeting with him but he did have his own house east of Dolphin and south of 30 by a few blocks. If I recall correctly he went back for 2 years on a technical violation but I don't remember what that violation was. He was just a hood rat black guy out doing hood rat black guy things when the shooting happened. He was carrying a gun in a era without carry permits so he may have been involved in something. He could have been a terrible person for all that I know since I only met him that one single time but he was a much older man when I ran across him than when he committed his crime and people tend to mellow with age. At the time I was just in shock that he completely missed the 80s; it was simply incomprehensible to my youthful ears. To the best of my recollection the killing happened in 77' or 78' and I think he was in his late 20's or early 30's when it happened and I bumped into him in the late 90's.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834659 04/16/23 08:44 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I didn't read the OP's original post, nor the link from Fox News......... Nor the rest of the comment.

Just stating what I have seen from family members getting shot and killed in Dallas, this was back when Dallas was republican controlled.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: ntxtrapper] #8834663 04/16/23 10:19 AM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
From blankey - "Edit: If we legalize methamphetamines where any citizen of age can buy a couple of ounces of it for the cost of a six pack of beer at 7-Eleven you won't have to worry about toothless bloody spitted meth heads spitting on officers any longer because they will no longer be criminals albeit they will still be doing crazy meth head stuff just like they do now, they just won't be stealing to afford it. They'll probably just be dead."

The last five words are incomplete. Had an, let's say, associate start to do some extremely strange things. Mind boggling. It was over a period of years. I was closest to him and had brought him in to a certain group. The others said he must be on drugs. I couldn't "put that together" and said that I didn't think he knew what marijuana smelled like. The ridiculous events manifested themselves into a position where he could no longer be allowed in the group. He later came to me and indicated he had started smoking meth 8 years prior. I think it was while he was a city councilman. He has fallen off the face of the earth and I am betting he still has issues. He can afford his meth and has no need to steal. Your last five words should've read, "They'll probably just be dead" and hopefully they won't have unintentionally cause harm to others.

You may be the only conservative in this great nation who understands the need to legalize drugs, is accepting of spitting on LEO and who can find no fault in a person who chose to be a dominatrix. Btw, I would love to know the untold portions of the story about the poor guy who killed the man who shot him in the back.

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: RedRanger] #8834721 04/16/23 01:10 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I didn't read the OP's original post, nor the link from Fox News......... Nor the rest of the comment.

Just stating what I have seen from family members getting shot and killed in Dallas, this was back when Dallas was republican controlled.

You have had family members (more than one) shot and killed in Dallas, please share with us the circumstances/details.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Good job Lubbock DA Office! [Re: Hudbone] #8834726 04/16/23 01:19 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hudbone
From blankey - "Edit: If we legalize methamphetamines where any citizen of age can buy a couple of ounces of it for the cost of a six pack of beer at 7-Eleven you won't have to worry about toothless bloody spitted meth heads spitting on officers any longer because they will no longer be criminals albeit they will still be doing crazy meth head stuff just like they do now, they just won't be stealing to afford it. They'll probably just be dead."

The last five words are incomplete. Had an, let's say, associate start to do some extremely strange things. Mind boggling. It was over a period of years. I was closest to him and had brought him in to a certain group. The others said he must be on drugs. I couldn't "put that together" and said that I didn't think he knew what marijuana smelled like. The ridiculous events manifested themselves into a position where he could no longer be allowed in the group. He later came to me and indicated he had started smoking meth 8 years prior. I think it was while he was a city councilman. He has fallen off the face of the earth and I am betting he still has issues. He can afford his meth and has no need to steal. Your last five words should've read, "They'll probably just be dead" and hopefully they won't have unintentionally cause harm to others.

You may be the only conservative in this great nation who understands the need to legalize drugs, is accepting of spitting on LEO and who can find no fault in a person who chose to be a dominatrix. Btw, I would love to know the untold portions of the story about the poor guy who killed the man who shot him in the back.

All of the bad things that people are afraid of with drugs are happening now despite them being illegal and the laws against drugs have spilled over into the lives of people who have nothing to do with drugs which is why I am done with the war on drugs.

I only met the man once and thought his story was unusual so I read his file and it said the same thing that he told me. I have no more information than that and can only go by what the investigators in the case wrote down and what was in his indictment. It's not like I was sitting on his jury because I hadn't even hit puberty at that point.

The dominatrix was a great lady who was pretty normal outside of the bedroom or at work. It does take a certain level hardness to be a sadist for a living and she had it by the bucket full. A weaker man could not have handled her but it was not an issue for me. If you were hard enough to handle her she was a switch and would be submissive to you. Maybe you would have been more comfortable if I had just been dating a stripper?

I am not accepting of people spitting on anyone, I simply don't believe that it is serious enough to give someone what is effectively a life sentence over. There being a law on the books saying that spitting on an officer is aggravated assault tells me the majority of the people becoming officers now days simply aren't tough enough for the job and are all a bunch of [censored].

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide