Forums46
Topics538,041
Posts9,732,264
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826377 03/31/23 03:51 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
its all about what you are use too.

Im in and out of both airports a bunch but if I have to go to DownTown, Ill get a car service, Uber, etc. To much of a pain to drive and try to park, so i get the hesitation

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826454 03/31/23 01:11 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
This is not that complicated. Assuming Southwest's fares are in line with American or United, use the airport that is closest to you. They are both very easy to fly out of. Small children fly alone every day on flights longer than 2 hours, you've got this.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: helomech] #8826480 03/31/23 01:49 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by helomech
I would drive. I so hate flying commercial.

I freaking love flying commercial

Upgrade, you get on plane they have champange and cold cuts waiting for you, along with slippers, toothbrush, sleep mask, you chair folds down 180 degree to make a bed, they come by and feed you a awesome meal or snack about every two hours.

Flying is great

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: RedRanger] #8826482 03/31/23 01:55 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Upgrade, you get on plane they have champange and cold cuts waiting for you, along with slippers, toothbrush, sleep mask, you chair folds down 180 degree to make a bed, they come by and feed you a awesome meal or snack about every two hours.

Flying is great

Yeah, you're not going to get that on a flight to Denver.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826516 03/31/23 03:03 PM
F
freerange Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Ok guys, call off the dogs. I booked a flight with SW. The airport has GOT to be easier to navigate and I understand if I have to cancel or change flight they have better options. I will be shocked if I feel like I am being herded like cattle, but if I am I will let you know.
To Mickey Moose, I never ever said I "dont like people." I dont know where you got that. I do hate big city traffic. I lived in Dallas when younger and the traffic didnt bother me much. I dont know if its older age or Ive gotten used to lesser traffic but I dont do good in heavy traffic while watching a gps thingy.
Ive lived a pretty fast paced life until retiring, and now I have just turned down the speed on everything and dont do well when I occasionally try to turn it up for the big city pace.
I really do appreciate everyones comments.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: Gringo Bling] #8826521 03/31/23 03:14 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Flying is great

I usually only fly International

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: RedRanger] #8826527 03/31/23 03:22 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Flying is great

I usually only fly International

JAL or Emirates...best customer service and commercial flying experience.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826532 03/31/23 03:26 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Curious as to what time you arrive in Denver and what day ? Saturday in will be fine, not near as much traffic on I-25 up to Ft Collins.
Time your return trip after or before rush hour or make sure you leave enough time to navigate the traffic on I-25 again.

Looked at the race map.
Make sure you check the weather and your son needs to be prepared for cold and maybe snow up near the start.
Finish is near Rio Grande Restaurant, eat there if you can.
Beau Jo's Pizza is good too, mountain pies.
Quite a few distilleries and breweries in Ft Collins if you have the time and want to check them out.

High elevation race, hope he does well and you have a nice trip! Safe travels in May.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8826536 03/31/23 03:29 PM
R
RedRanger Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

JAL or Emirates...best customer service and commercial flying experience.

Flown JAL many time, I had a cute hostess wake me up around 3 am asking me if would like some porridge in their whisper voice the females speak in Japan.

Flown Korean Air Prestige Class many time from DFW to Icheon/Seoul onto Manila, top notch as well.

Never done Emirate but heard they were top notch and had showers on the planes, they all have cute and sexy hostesses, but this is common once you fly international on a non US based carrier.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826548 03/31/23 03:46 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Southwest.
The airlines are all the same. Lovefield makes it worthwhile.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: Wytex] #8826560 03/31/23 04:06 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Wytex
Curious as to what time you arrive in Denver and what day ? Saturday in will be fine, not near as much traffic on I-25 up to Ft Collins.
Time your return trip after or before rush hour or make sure you leave enough time to navigate the traffic on I-25 again.

Looked at the race map.
Make sure you check the weather and your son needs to be prepared for cold and maybe snow up near the start.
Finish is near Rio Grande Restaurant, eat there if you can.
Beau Jo's Pizza is good too, mountain pies.
Quite a few distilleries and breweries in Ft Collins if you have the time and want to check them out.

High elevation race, hope he does well and you have a nice trip! Safe travels in May.

Wytex, I appreciate this and your earlier comment as well. Once we get closer I had considered giving you a shout since you seem to know the ropes.
I dont know much about various elevations but he does. I think he told me this one is LOWER than what hes used to. He trains everyday(90 miles a week) around Salida Colo and I think he says thats 7000 to 9000ish. All of his training and his previous 3 races have all been on mountain trails. This one is a "road race" and will be his first.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: reeltexan] #8826567 03/31/23 04:11 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Southwest.
The airlines are all the same. Lovefield makes it worthwhile.

Thanks Reeltexan. I can understand people that fly all the time are going to pick apart every little difference but I fly infrequently enough that as long as we dont crash Ill be ok.

Re: Fly DFW to Denver-Airline choice? [Re: freerange] #8826578 03/31/23 04:30 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Cool, didn't realize he lived and ran at altitude.
I go down to Ft Collins frequently for shopping and we travel down through that area every year to Texas.
Know it pretty well from those trips over the last 35+ years.

Part of the race route is a nice windy, mountain highway along the Poudre River I think it is. Should be very high in May, might be before runoff starts though. Good fishing along it at the right times.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide