Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: txtrophy85] #8769439 12/29/22 07:15 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
The one in Carrizo they brought the transmission line to them.

I hate wind turbines but I’m even less of a fan of solar farms.

Completely decimates the land.

The liberal tree huggers should be up in arms over this but they seem to be very quiet in the subject.

But at least with solar farms You don't have to see them or hear them. They put a turbine field next to us & when the wind blows sounds like a train going down the tracks. I hate turbines & people who put them up.

Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: DUKFVR] #8769458 12/29/22 07:40 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by DUKFVR

The liberal tree huggers should be up in arms over this but they seem to be very quiet in the subject.

But at least with solar farms You don't have to see them or hear them. They put a turbine field next to us & when the wind blows sounds like a train going down the tracks. I hate turbines & people who put them up.

Have you ever seen a solar farm? They are hideous! Acres and Acres of reflective panels behind an 8 foot chain link fence. Only a blind person couldn’t see them. The land becomes nothing more then a useless eye sore.

Last edited by JimBridger; 12/29/22 08:59 PM.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: JimBridger] #8769616 12/29/22 11:27 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
So if that useless eye sore, was sort of a useless eye sore way before solar, no offers, no minerals, no water, and not much game. People come along with money; case closed. Owners buy new land in south Texas.

Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: Huntmaster] #8769713 12/30/22 12:56 AM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
So if that useless eye sore, was sort of a useless eye sore way before solar, no offers, no minerals, no water, and not much game. People come along with money; case closed. Owners buy new land in south Texas.

Yeah, that’s not the land they are targeting in my neck of the woods. It’s productive wheat fields.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: Huntmaster] #8769910 12/30/22 04:02 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Huntmaster

The farms I’m referring to is in South Texas.

Taking a dozer to some of the best native brush in the county to clear it for a damn solar panel.

Pizzes me off to no end

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: JimBridger] #8770074 12/30/22 02:39 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JimBridger
Originally Posted by DUKFVR

Have you ever seen a solar farm? They are hideous! Acres and Acres of reflective panels behind an 8 foot chain link fence. Only a blind person couldn’t see them. The land becomes nothing more then a useless eye sore.

Seen plenty of them. In my part though ,you can't see them after a little bit. Terrain & brush hide them. I can see those sorry turbines for miles. Both are sorry azz waste of taxpayer money. Hate them both to no end & people who rape the land like that with no regards to the neighbors.

Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: DQ Kid] #8770084 12/30/22 02:54 PM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
up

Re: Land Purchase Offers [Re: DQ Kid] #8776169 01/08/23 04:54 AM
H
HS2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
The folks behind these offers pay temps to sit and read the tax website and send out offer letters. I know they're doing it without even looking at a map because I keep getting offers on two acres I own in the back of my main property. The two acres are land locked, and if anyone looked at a map they wouldn't buy it. Most of the offers are stupid low but one or two were stupid high. I'm guessing that as soon as the money man actually looked at the property and saw it was land locked they would back out of the deal. I always joke with myself about selling it for stupid low money and then saying "Oh, you wanted to be able to access it? That'll be a million."

Podcast: Reasoning Through the Bible
ReasoningThroughTheBible.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide