Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664366 08/14/22 11:58 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
If I am at a local eatery, I always hold the door open for the next folks in and later catch up to my family

The next fat chick I do that for and doesn't say thank you will be the last

Ill do it endlessly for the elderly without a thank you, its just those fat girls who trigger me

Is that wrong of me?

Re: Younger generation [Re: GusWayne] #8664452 08/15/22 01:24 AM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by procraft05
If I am at a local eatery, I always hold the door open for the next folks in and later catch up to my family

The next fat chick I do that for and doesn't say thank you will be the last

Ill do it endlessly for the elderly without a thank you, its just those fat girls who trigger me

Is that wrong of me?

No it’s not, especially if they bump their broad hips into on the way by.

Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664502 08/15/22 02:22 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The oblivious, ungrateful ones get a "Don't mention it!" from me.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Younger generation [Re: Hudbone] #8664504 08/15/22 02:23 AM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Too much focus these days on children. God first, marriage second, children third.

The children will be okay if the parents are actually, well, parents. Not buddies.

I hear a lot of parents need to be "their kids friends".. ha.
Parents need to be parents and whoop their arse.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664550 08/15/22 03:15 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
If my Son's don't show respect and use manners, they don't like what follows.

It's not the kids.

Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664583 08/15/22 04:02 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
There are times when I look at my son, and wonder, where the F did I go wrong? Then, he'll jump out of the truck and race to the door of wherever we just parked to hold it open for someone. Overall, a wonderful and respectful kid. But, sometimes kids do stupid $hit. Do your best to teach them right and be the best example of what you teach, and they'll probably turn out OK.

Re: Younger generation [Re: unclebubba] #8664585 08/15/22 04:11 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Do your best to teach them right and be the best example of what you teach

You are right, and I have sometimes failed at this.

FME boys are easier to raise, especially as a single parent. When girls come into their teenage years/hormones start pumping, and start looking for that fence they need a solid woman figure in their life to help guide them. Sometimes Dad's, regardless of how much they love their daughters, suck at dealing with certain things. My temper has done more harm than good sometimes dealing with teenage girls. I'm working on that.

Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664611 08/15/22 07:41 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Just today the wife and I went to a drive through for some food. The girl at the window appeared to be a teenager. She handed us our drinks and said the food will be out in a while. My wife said very nicely “ok no problem can we get our straws please so that we can have our drinks while we wait?” The cashier said in a very ugly tone while making a face they will be in the bag and slammed the window shut.

When she finally opened the window with the food my wife said get me your manager. The manager came to the window and my wife told her what happened. The manager apologized while the young girl was standing behind her and then the young girl pipes in well I’m not sorry can’t they tell I am F’n busy they will get their straws when they get them. The manager looked like she was about to melt and apologized again and we said ok thanks and drove off. I wonder what happened to her after we left. She should have been fired on the spot but who knows what they will put up with given the current worker shortages.

Re: Younger generation [Re: Sewer rat] #8664740 08/15/22 01:23 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
Just today the wife and I went to a drive through for some food. The girl at the window appeared to be a teenager. She handed us our drinks and said the food will be out in a while. My wife said very nicely “ok no problem can we get our straws please so that we can have our drinks while we wait?” The cashier said in a very ugly tone while making a face they will be in the bag and slammed the window shut.

When she finally opened the window with the food my wife said get me your manager. The manager came to the window and my wife told her what happened. The manager apologized while the young girl was standing behind her and then the young girl pipes in well I’m not sorry can’t they tell I am F’n busy they will get their straws when they get them. The manager looked like she was about to melt and apologized again and we said ok thanks and drove off. I wonder what happened to her after we left. She should have been fired on the spot but who knows what they will put up with given the current worker shortages.

I understand the frustration with poor customer service but will play devils advocate here that there is truly a shortage of folks that are willing to work in restaurants still. Its a very big problem and its causing the folks that are willing to show up to burn out or lose their minds. Doesnt excuse her behavior but I can tell you the folks in restaurants need to be extended a little grace because they are under immense pressure in this current environment.

Also, NEVER mess with someone that handles your food.

Re: Younger generation [Re: Pootie] #8664845 08/15/22 02:54 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

the Chinese changed the whole world with that dreaded 19 b.s.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide