Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8631008 06/29/22 03:11 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I think the difference in him and Jesse James etc is that they are dead and not able to profit from their past actions.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Hudbone] #8631024 06/29/22 03:29 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Some of his comments were sickening. Never knew Mike Fain caught him. That man was straight forward. Never realized I knew both the guy that caught the noted TV archer's shenanigans and this poacher guy. Btw, there is no such things as a "prince of poachers".

Did Mike actually catch him or did he (Beaty) just turn himself in?

I knew Mike through mutual friends growing up in Austin. He wasn't that well liked back then by most. A bit too assertive and always pushing things just a bit too far.

Hopefully that changed in later years for him. I don't know anything of him after his graduation from Game Warden Academy and his having moved. Friends of mine notified me of his death.

While in Austin he (Mike) was fortunate to have been taken under the wing of long time (legend) Warden Grover Simpson. Now THERE was a stand up, fair handed, level headed man. Respected by all who knew him. Fun guy to hunt with and listen to his many stories. Game Wardens these days are a completely different breed.

Its a tough profession....no doubt.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8631035 06/29/22 03:41 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I heard it from the outlaw, in his words on one of the posted You Tube videos. Never knew that. I met Mike when he lived in Sarita. I believe his part time gig was taxidermy.

The "outfitter" drove us over there when I started guiding. He wanted to introduce me to him. Mike said it was nice knowing me and I would be seeing him - straight up. I did. the first time he got us during dove season, we had fifteen or more hunters and dove everywhere. He gave us a system to utilize and indicated if we ever got away from it, there would be hell to pay. We never got away from it. Never.

I think he must have said something about us when he got the cancer and was replaced. The new guy and a trainee sneakeded up on us through the pasture and in the dark while we were cleaning birds. It was just me and Roberto with a hundred or so birds. The lazy guides and the hunters were all inside,. They saw the Fain requirements and all was good. There is no telling what they heard us say prior to "announcing" themselves from the shadows.

Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8631075 06/29/22 04:46 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
It is sort of like cheating at Solitaire, how much are you ever going to enjoy taking an animal illegally. If the culprit is a youngster, there seems today to be a lot of pressure to "get something". I think that's one reason to start young people out on small game, etc.- get it out of their system. Next comes the guy that cannot accept that the "good old days" are gone forever. No one is "living off the land" any more unless they live in Alaska. These folks, some education may turn them around. The real hard core poacher who knows what he is doing, not sure what to do with those folks. Chain gang?

Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Hudbone] #8631112 06/29/22 06:15 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I heard it from the outlaw, in his words on one of the posted You Tube videos. Never knew that. I met Mike when he lived in Sarita. I believe his part time gig was taxidermy.

Yeah, he was dabbling in Taxidermy and Gunsmithing even before he was a Game Warden. He always had a keen interest in hunting and the outdoors.

I first met him when I was just in High School. We had mutual friends. I never saw him after his wedding or graduation from Game Warden Academy, so I have no idea of his life after that.

In fact... the last time I saw him he was out at my place for a 4th of July celebration I was putting on for friends. That evening just before fireworks we were all in the house. In the Great Room I had some mounted deer antlers and some turkey fan tails. He pointed to a couple of the fan tails and exclaimed those were Hen Turkey Tails (which they were). And said he could tell by the color of the feathers (which you can).

Then proclaimed them 'illegal' and that I could get in trouble for killing those. I pointed to the table just below the fan tails at a couple of small 'beards' and reminded him that 'Bearded' Hens are perfectly legal to take and that....that is what he was looking at. He rolled his eyes sheepishly and said no more.

I'm sure he made a fine Game Warden and I hope he enjoyed his time as such. I was sad to hear of his passing from Brain Cancer.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Dave Scott] #8632671 07/01/22 09:04 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
There most certainly are plenty of people living off the land in the rural areas in the lower 48. A lot of em are squatters and hermits and etc. I know of one that lives in a trailer right across the road from my favorite piece of ground. They may not live a 100% subsistence lifestyle but they have enough going on, to thrive without going to the store.

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 07/01/22 09:04 PM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8632677 07/01/22 09:18 PM
T
tigger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Stub
Incredible the most notorious poacher is going to make a lot of money off his story bang
I knew a couple of people that I thought were bad, this guy makes them look like amateurs'.

https://princeofpoachers.com

An Unforgettable True-Life Outlaw-Hunting Adventure Story

Hear the story of how Texas Parks and Wildlife state game wardens worked with ranch security in an endless effort to capture Charlie Beaty and bring him to justice. Read Charlie's first-hand accounts of his record-setting 11, 16 and 27-day solo outlaw hunts across Texas, including the world-famous King and Kenedy Ranches, and how he single-handedly poached 116 trophy-class whitetail deer.

[Linked Image]

Incredible the most notorious poacher is going to make a lot of money off his story bang
I knew a couple of people that I thought were bad, this guy makes them look like amateurs'.

Hear the story of how Texas Parks and Wildlife state game wardens worked with ranch security in an endless effort to capture Charlie Beaty and bring him to justice. Read Charlie's first-hand accounts of his record-setting 11, 16 and 27-day solo outlaw hunts across Texas, including the world-famous King and Kenedy Ranches, and how he single-handedly poached 116 trophy-class whitetail deer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8632680 07/01/22 09:18 PM
T
tigger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
A proud boy

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8632684 07/01/22 09:22 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
only thing I like about the guy is his camo

Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Hudbone] #8632797 07/01/22 11:27 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

The "outfitter" drove us over there when I started guiding. He wanted to introduce me to him. Mike said it was nice knowing me and I would be seeing him - straight up. I did. the first time he got us during dove season, we had fifteen or more hunters and dove everywhere. He gave us a system to utilize and indicated if we ever got away from it, there would be hell to pay. We never got away from it. Never.

I think he must have said something about us when he got the cancer and was replaced. The new guy and a trainee sneakeded up on us through the pasture and in the dark while we were cleaning birds. It was just me and Roberto with a hundred or so birds. The lazy guides and the hunters were all inside,. They saw the Fain requirements and all was good. There is no telling what they heard us say prior to "announcing" themselves from the shadows.

I met Mike while spending time down South. Was having an issue with a shotgun, and my customer told me he was a gunsmith. I called him and setup a meeting at his little shop behind his house. It was loaded floor to ceiling with shotgun ammo. He told me he provided ammo to a few of the camps on the King and Kenedy. He sent my shotgun back to Ruger and got it fixed under warranty. Only cost me $20 for freight. He also shared a few stories about poachers he had run across.

Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Bee'z] #8632908 07/02/22 02:07 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Something i will never read nor explore. He is not right in the head

I don’t voluntarily fund scum….the government funds enough scum with my taxes!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: Stub] #8632920 07/02/22 02:32 AM
FTWshooter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I won’t be buying anything that would profit that sack of turds, nor listen to any of his podcasts or videos

Re: Prince of Poachers [Re: angus1956] #8634769 07/05/22 03:39 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by angus1956
Nothing to be proud of. If this is his claim to fame he's a POS.

Exactly right!

And there is no doubt he poached and stole for many years before getting caught but there is also no doubt the guy is FOS and embellishes what he has done probably 10x!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide