Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bodark apples. [Re: kry226] #8719575 10/27/22 04:37 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I was busting your chops scooter, don’t be so dang sensitive. I’ve literally made a ton of money over the years removing these trees since most people hate them but if it’s your thing thing roll with it. My ground crew’s would rather fight a pissed off rattler in their pants than cut on this stuff but if you think it’s a viable option for your situation then go for it.

I am glad to see you refer to me as a lumber Jack though roflmao I’ve earned that tittle after 29 years of removing forests from the face of the earth.. If you need more apples pm me and I can supply you with as many as you want to load up.

Thank you, sir. up

Not sensitive in the least, but with the prevalence of keyboard commandos and people who simply don't know how or outright refuse to treat each other with dignity and respect these days, I am ready to stand my ground.

I can absolutely see how they can be a nuisance and have seen many nuisance hedge trees over the years, be they growing over driveways or as "hedges" along fence lines. I am sure you've forgotten more about trees than I'll likely ever know and I do appreciate the insight. But what's one man's nuisance is another man's answer. I have no love for hedge, but no hate for it either. Be safe, lumberjack. Don't need any apples at this time, but I'm always happy to take any advice you'd like to share. yingyang

back

I have never burned any, does it burn good?
My brother has made some amazing bows out of it.
On my grandpas place the used them for post years back, and while patching fence, I couldn’t get a steeple in them they were cured out so hard.

Re: Bodark apples. [Re: Dave Davidson] #8908354 08/27/23 12:29 AM
N
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
Can’t speak for Texas, but here in Missouri the deer and squirrels love hedge apples.
I have a hedge tree about 60 yards from my ladder stand. Most of the time it is too brushy to get off any shots. I have shot a fair number of does off them. Last year in addition to a doe, I also took a 7 point under the hedge tree. It definitely is an area I keep my eye and binos on.

CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE FOR TOMORROW. INVEST IN TOMORROW BY TAKING A CHILD HUNTING OR FISHING TODAY.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide