Forums46
Topics538,050
Posts9,732,362
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? #8592011 05/05/22 08:34 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Anybody know of a reputable company or qualified party to handle the transfer of a suppressor (online purchase) for $ 50 or less ?

Send me a PM If you prefer

I refuse to pay more for the simple fact that the transfer agent is simply holding my item until the paperwork I submit to BATFE clears ….

Thx

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592124 05/05/22 11:56 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Pretty sure TX Arms in Fort Worth is $60

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592386 05/06/22 01:26 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
The FFL is NOT simply "holding" your NFA item. They will securely store it until your approved NFA paperwork is returned then process the Form 4473. Paperwork, storage and business insurance is not free. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592428 05/06/22 02:16 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
The FFL is NOT simply "holding" your NFA item. They will securely store it until your approved NFA paperwork is returned then process the Form 4473. Paperwork, storage and business insurance is not free. Good Luck!

I’m all for people paying more if they like , the fees for a transfer are all over the board

I’ve had two places do 50 bucks in the past and unfortunately they’re no longer in business but there are local places asking 200 for the fee.

Between 50 and 200 I highly doubt the storage and paperwork processing is radically different.

It’s like anything else, a smart consumer should shop around before just giving money away

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592484 05/06/22 03:28 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Pig_Popper
I’ve had two places do 50 bucks in the past and unfortunately they’re no longer in business but there are local places asking 200 for the fee.

Well...there you go, $50 does not keep the lights on.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8592496 05/06/22 03:54 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

The first ffl passed away
The second business had financial struggles beyond transfer fees

You run a FFL correct ? Hence your input in this thread and your slanted comment on “ keeping the lights on”

I’m sure you’d want the same respect that I’m going to give business number 2 in NOT speculating (nor addressing the factual circumstances in this thread) on why the business failed - it’s an ugly outcome to have to let employees go and to have the business liquidated and to deal with customers property being held and getting it returned..

Let’s keep this thread on topic and not follow your lead into the gutter of assumptions - you’ve made your point as to what a transfer agent does and what you believe it is worth, you and I choose different routes on this.

Anybody else have a recommendation - if so I’d appreciate those

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592500 05/06/22 03:59 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

The first ffl passed away
The second business had financial struggles beyond transfer fees

You run a FFL correct ? Hence your input in this thread and your slanted comment on “ keeping the lights on”

I’m sure you’d want the same respect that I’m going to give business number 2 in NOT speculating (nor addressing the factual circumstances in this thread) on why the business failed - it’s an ugly outcome to have to let employees go and to have the business liquidated and to deal with customers property being held and getting it returned..

Let’s keep this thread on topic and not follow your lead into the gutter of assumptions - you’ve made your point as to what a transfer agent does and what you believe it is worth, you and I choose different routes on this.

Anybody else have a recommendation - if so I’d appreciate those

You get what you pay for. As the saying goes, the cheapest is NOT always the best price.
Your OP was slanted from the get go based on your ASSumption on what service an FFL actually performs and the costs associated with their service.
Good Luck!

Search here...
Find An FFL

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 05/06/22 04:03 PM.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592515 05/06/22 04:12 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I’m simply trying to abide by the law and do it with the best financial decisions I can make

In a perfect world I’d just like to buy a suppressor direct from the manufacture and have them hold it until my paperwork clears and then then can ship it to an FFL like any firearm.

I don’t think the consumers or dealers frankly came up with the process we have to go through but we do what we gotta do.

Me as a consumer - you as a service provider

By the way I sold that Larue 6.5 Creedmoor upper for over $ 1k - the one you lowballed me on in a PM for $ 500

You showed me then all I needed to see about you and your opinions

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592532 05/06/22 04:31 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I’m simply trying to abide by the law and do it with the best financial decisions I can make

In a perfect world I’d just like to buy a suppressor direct from the manufacture and have them hold it until my paperwork clears and then then can ship it to an FFL like any firearm.

I don’t think the consumers or dealers frankly came up with the process we have to go through but we do what we gotta do.

Me as a consumer - you as a service provider

By the way I sold that Larue 6.5 Creedmoor upper for over $ 1k - the one you lowballed me on in a PM for $ 500

You showed me then all I needed to see about you and your opinions

Let me give you a piece of advice (take it for what its worth) for your NFA considerations since you seem to be new to the game.

Find an FFL or company that's...

Reputable
Been in business for a while and knows what their doing. Won't be closed tomorrow.
Knows the paper work required and how to communicate with manufacturers and distributors.
Has secure storage.
Insured...this one is a big deal.
Maybe they have a range and can let you use your NFA item from time to time.
Knows how to communicate.

LT 6.5 CM Upper...Wasn't that like 2-3 years ago? It was only worth $500 to me but good for you. I typically don't buy other peoples "projects" unless they are at bargain basement prices.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592543 05/06/22 04:51 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Good advice - hopefully it helps someone

Again thank you for your assumption that I’m new to the game - which is incorrect yet again

Don’t wait by the phone - I won’t call you

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592549 05/06/22 04:55 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Good advice - hopefully it helps someone

Again thank you for your assumption that I’m new to the game - which is incorrect yet again

Don’t wait by the phone - I won’t call you

There are just some customers that dealers don't want. They are more hassle than it's worth. up.
Not to worry, I wouldn't answer.

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 05/06/22 04:56 PM.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592577 05/06/22 05:45 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Marksmen Firearms in Mansfield has always been great to work with.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592584 05/06/22 05:52 PM
H
HicksHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
You might call around to your local Silencer Shop dealers and see what they can do for you. My local guy charges $25 and runs it through Sishop's system where I've already got my trust, fingerprints, and photos stored. Works great, I just certified my SBS purchased from a 3rd party retailer yesterday using this method.

The key phrase is "Customer Assignment" since that's what SiShop calls it when they add an item to your customer account from outside their inventory system.

Last edited by HicksHunter; 05/06/22 05:53 PM.
Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8592596 05/06/22 06:08 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Another reason to use Silencer Shop dealers and their kiosk. Buy everything online with no transfer fees.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Jgraider] #8592636 05/06/22 06:53 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Another reason to use Silencer Shop dealers and their kiosk. Buy everything online with no transfer fees.

I’m buying a suppressor not offered through silencer shops dealers so I’d still have to negotiate the transfer fee and usage charge of the kiosk for the form 4.

The kiosks are probably the easiest bet going - unfortunately I’m looking at a big bore can which makes the choices of purchase more limited …

Good stuff - folks I have a few options to call now, thank you!

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593082 05/07/22 02:20 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
There was an FFL in Collin County that did really cheap transfers but he stole everyones guns and suppressors and then ran off. The place was called Runner, Runner, Gunner.

Maybe you should get an FFL and show all of the greedy capitalist how to properly run a business by charging your customers no fees at all.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: blkt2] #8593087 05/07/22 02:25 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by blkt2
There was an FFL in Collin County that did really cheap transfers but he stole everyones guns and suppressors and then ran off. The place was called Runner, Runner, Gunner.

Maybe you should get an FFL and show all of the greedy capitalist how to properly run a business by charging your customers no fees at all.

This ^ 100%

That guy was praised all over the inter web until he stole peoples chit.

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 05/07/22 02:27 PM.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593219 05/07/22 07:49 PM
T
Txhillbilly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Buy a suppressor from Silencer Central and it will be delivered to your house when everything is done and the stamp is approved. No transfers involved since they are licensed in all of the 42 states that allow suppressors.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593281 05/07/22 09:25 PM
G
George S Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Silencer Central doesn't carry as wide an assortment of cans as either Capitol Armory (who will also ship to your doior) or Silencer Shop.

Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius
Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: blkt2] #8593352 05/07/22 11:41 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

I’m a buyer not a FFL wannabe, willing to pay $ 50 for the transfer no more .

Never said I was looking for Free

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593651 05/08/22 12:44 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

I’m a buyer not a FFL wannabe, willing to pay $ 50 for the transfer no more .

Never said I was looking for Free

I have had an FFL before and except for about an 18 month period where I worked for a mega corporation I have always been a small business owner so I have a ton of experience to back up this comment; $50 is "Free". If you are unable to understand the nuance of my comment then it is pretty clear that you have spent your life working for other people.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593670 05/08/22 01:23 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
… again we sit on opposite sides of the table on this matter hence we have different perspectives

How am I supposed to know who is a dealer or former dealer or FFL on these forums?

What you’re driving at is that you feel there should be a little profit in the matter if you agree to hold someone’s item that they didn’t purchase from you.

You’re welcome to that and I understand if people want to lineup and fork over the cash atop the tax stamp and can charge as it truly represents a sunk cost that doesn’t make the item perform any better or carry with it enhanced benefit to the end user (added value). Essentially we do it because we must by law (I’ll need to look into some of the suggested places that ship straight to my door).

My offer to pay $ 50 comes from a very limited disposable income , whether or not I work for people doesn’t limit my ability to see the nuance in the matter.

You know there are some very smart people who spend their careers working for people to secure insurance and a decent wage and that all has to get spread around and often times the bread winners don’t see a dime of their check nor do they demand it, it’s simply the way it is for some.

If I can get this done for $ 50 I get a can ; if not I wait ; I don’t let other factors move the needle on a transfer fee for me.

Last edited by Pig_Popper; 05/08/22 01:25 PM.

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593832 05/08/22 05:00 PM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Anybody know of a reputable company or qualified party to handle the transfer of a suppressor (online purchase) for $ 50 or less ?

I refuse to pay more for the simple fact that the transfer agent is simply holding my item until the paperwork I submit to BATFE clears ….

Thx

There is so much wrong with this post lol...

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Roughneck913] #8593871 05/08/22 06:29 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Roughneck913

Thx

HA! Another one

Funny if I had originally posted $ 250 instead of $ 50 I’d have a whole lot more “friends of the Industry”.

Y’all have a good one

I’ve got some good leads from some, thanks

Re: DFW metroplex suppressor transfer options - $ 50 or less….? [Re: Pig_Popper] #8593906 05/08/22 08:02 PM
R
Roughneck913 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by Roughneck913

Thx

HA! Another one

Funny if I had originally posted $ 250 instead of $ 50 I’d have a whole lot more “friends of the Industry”.

Y’all have a good one

I’ve got some good leads from some, thanks

Yes, if you offered to overpay, more people would offer to help you. That seems like a pretty common-sense idea. Pretty sure the guy doing my roof or cutting my yard would be more likely to help me too if I overpaid. Doesnt have anything to do with "friends of the industry" though, because Im not in their industry

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide