THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Why shouldn’t they be in decent shape?

The 2019 lawsuit the troopers filed when this was initially brought up was due to the folks who passed the physical testing but weren’t shaped properly. The previous lawsuit was dismissed because no one had damages to prove yet.

Yeah, the whole measurement based system doesn’t make sense. It should be ability based.

Sergeant Al Powell gets the job done every time and is living proof Sneaky is right up

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8581775 04/20/22 12:37 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Dang, Stub, did you see the price of gas?!

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8581789 04/20/22 12:45 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by BigPig
Lots to f great comments from people with at could never do the job popcorn

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Most of us here are in peak physical condition and warriors. Do you remember the video a few days back where the crazy woman was wielding a knife in Walmart and the copper tazed her to play it safe? Your average OT participant would have double tapped her in the central processing unit and proceeded filling the cart with the grocery list like no big deal.

Yeah, but I could have done it without dropping my donut. I did learn a trick or two in the academy.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8581802 04/20/22 12:57 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Is there any standard for physical fitness? Push ups, pull ups, distance run, body carry, obstacle course? I would think this to be an important factor as well. I know plenty of "fat" cops that are in pretty good shape and can pass a PT test.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: Sneaky] #8581834 04/20/22 01:34 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Dang, Stub, did you see the price of gas?!

Not until you mentioned it .74.9 - .77.9 ¢ a gal.

My daughter lives in Culver City, Ca and say gas fluctuates around $6.00 a gallon.

Last edited by Stub; 04/20/22 01:34 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8581859 04/20/22 02:11 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
They should definitely have to pass physical fitness tests like X number of push ups, pull ups, and running a few miles in X time because performing their job requires physical abilities. Waist size as a criteria makes no sense. How many NFL players would be out because of that?

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: TPACK] #8581894 04/20/22 03:05 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TPACK
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Have to wonder just who's pushing this?

Not the donut shops.
[Linked Image]

Yeah, this is gonna hurt the donut business. lol

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: Sewer rat] #8581895 04/20/22 03:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
They should definitely have to pass physical fitness tests like X number of push ups, pull ups, and running a few miles in X time because performing their job requires physical abilities. Waist size as a criteria makes no sense. How many NFL players would be out because of that?

X2

Idiotic at best to make that the criteria

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8581910 04/20/22 03:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

X2

The air force had ridiculous weight standards. At 6' 4" my max weight was 217.

Last edited by bigbob_ftw; 04/20/22 03:27 PM.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8581917 04/20/22 03:33 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
Using measurements such as waist size is a foolish way of determining physical fitness. This guy wouldn’t pass their standards.

[Linked Image]

He shouldn’t be police because of his waist size, it should be because of probable steroid use, and roid rage potential.

If that’s steroids then he needs his money back. Dudes fit but not overly jacked. But I bet he appreciates the complement

Looks more like a core guy that also plays on the mat a bunch.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8581919 04/20/22 03:35 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

X2

I felt sorry for the big OL/DL guys at USAFA come grad time. Was stupid most hit top 20% on PT score but had to loose 80lbs

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8581920 04/20/22 03:42 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Doesn't make much sense to me. Should be an objective performance criteria based on what is required to do the job. I don't know what that would be, but there are those that do.

Last edited by onlysmith&wesson; 04/20/22 03:46 PM.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8581922 04/20/22 03:45 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

X2

Our company had a health fair. "Obese" took on a whole new meaning to nearly everyone.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8581924 04/20/22 03:53 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Using measurements such as waist size is a foolish way of determining physical fitness. This guy wouldn’t pass their standards.

[Linked Image]

He shouldn’t be police because of his waist size, it should be because of probable steroid use, and roid rage potential.

If that’s steroids then he needs his money back. Dudes fit but not overly jacked. But I bet he appreciates the complement

You would be way off base LOL, depending on the types of steroids used and what their stacked with steroids in general don’t “Jack” you up. Steroid cycles build muscle mass in bulk and you have to cut them with several cycles of something like a Winstrol and Trenbolone to get cut and the well defined muscle tone after the bulking cycles are finished. These types of guys aren’t concerned with being ripped and are after muscle size and strength so the after effect isn’t of concern to them.

That picture of Eddie doesn’t give his size justice, he’s a monster standing next to a normal sized man and without a doubt he’s injected a ton of steroids over the years. He will probably pay the price by means of a heart attack sometime in the next 10 years but he’s got that Worlds Strongest Man belt he can be buried with woot Brain Shaw’s another one that’s a monster and has taken a crap ton of juice.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8581968 04/20/22 04:52 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

[Linked Image]

You would be way off base LOL, depending on the types of steroids used and what their stacked with steroids in general don’t “Jack” you up. Steroid cycles build muscle mass in bulk and you have to cut them with several cycles of something like a Winstrol and Trenbolone to get cut and the well defined muscle tone after the bulking cycles are finished. These types of guys aren’t concerned with being ripped and are after muscle size and strength so the after effect isn’t of concern to them.

That picture of Eddie doesn’t give his size justice, he’s a monster standing next to a normal sized man and without a doubt he’s injected a ton of steroids over the years. He will probably pay the price by means of a heart attack sometime in the next 10 years but he’s got that Worlds Strongest Man belt he can be buried with woot Brain Shaw’s another one that’s a monster and has taken a crap ton of juice.

Oh I’m well aware, it’s recovery tool. I have no idea who he is but that not a physic typical of current steroid/hgh/high test etc use is my point. Metroflex in Arlington in the 90’s w/ Ronnie would be my more typical thought process

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8581976 04/20/22 05:13 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Is there any standard for physical fitness? Push ups, pull ups, distance run, body carry, obstacle course? I would think this to be an important factor as well. I know plenty of "fat" cops that are in pretty good shape and can pass a PT test.

The Cooper test is typically for new hires and a less demanding PAT test every year after. There is a myriad of case law on the subject though. When I started, I did the Cooper to get into the academy, but there was no annual continuing testing after being hired. Now it's annual testing. I was exempt because it wasn't a condition of my employment when I was hired. I always took and passed the PAT though, because they would give us old guys a thousand bucks if we could pass it each year.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8582001 04/20/22 05:51 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

The Cooper test is typically for new hires and a less demanding PAT test every year after. There is a myriad of case law on the subject though. When I started, I did the Cooper to get into the academy, but there was no annual continuing testing after being hired. Now it's annual testing. I was exempt because it wasn't a condition of my employment when I was hired. I always took and passed the PAT though, because they would give us old guys a thousand bucks if we could pass it each year.

What would you have to do, exactly? I always felt this sort of thing needed to be relative your age and height/weight ratio.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8582007 04/20/22 05:56 PM
B
Big_Country01 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
To me, going strictly off of waist size alone tells me that the brass is not as concerned with actually being fit as they are "looking fit"

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: Big_Country01] #8582009 04/20/22 06:10 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
To me, going strictly off of waist size alone tells me that the brass is not as concerned with actually being fit as they are "looking fit"

That is almost word for word what the DPS brass said in their statement.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8582012 04/20/22 06:12 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

peep

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8582093 04/20/22 08:09 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W

[Linked Image]

It’s not his physique that makes me suspect steroid use as much as his round face. I don’t know him from Adam though, it’s merely speculation on my part. Wouldn’t want to meet up with him in a dark alley either way.

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8582158 04/20/22 09:31 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
I highly doubt many of the >40" waists that are subject to the new policy look like the roided bodybuilder. I'm sure the overwhelming majority are obese. But there are probably some short guys who are also obese, but have waists under 40".

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: NORML as can be] #8582179 04/20/22 10:01 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Very stupid in my opinion to go off waist size. I would not meet these standards and I can hold my own in all subjects physical activity related to the job. This really hurts some of your older seasoned officers that you want on the street.

I bet this stems from this guy

https://txpelracivilservice.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Capt-Greg-Davis-Bio.pdf

Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8582386 04/21/22 04:15 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Ours is the Cooper Test, never heard of PAT. If you can’t pass Cooper, you probably shouldn’t own a 2 story home or mow your own lawn.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Know any Fat Texas state troopers? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8582387 04/21/22 04:22 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by BigPig
Lots to f great comments from people with at could never do the job popcorn

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Most of us here are in peak physical condition and warriors. Do you remember the video a few days back where the crazy woman was wielding a knife in Walmart and the copper tazed her to play it safe? Your average OT participant would have double tapped her in the central processing unit and proceeded filling the cart with the grocery list like no big deal.

You need to pay New Hope Equine $200 to pass go after this stupid post.. Not monopoly money, but we will let this slide as your thinking is off

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide