Forums46
Topics538,649
Posts9,739,586
Members87,102
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: goosebuster] #8580604 04/18/22 04:44 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S

Any other spots in Arkansas to consider? I like to trout fish, so I would like that to be an option. The rest of the family is down for whatever, and we have a boat if we need to haul one.[/quote]

Check out Heber Springs and the Little Red river for trout fishing.

Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580630 04/18/22 05:24 PM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
If you do go to Eureka let me know. I checked out all the "nice" restaurants and can help you with that. Mostly we did basic sight seeing and walked the town/shops. I agree exactly with what BigBob said about comparing to Austin and the gay situation. If someone hadnt mentioned the gay thing, I wouldnt have even noticed. It seems like some of the restaurant staff could be gay but thats not too uncommon. I heard a decent percent of the locals are gay but all you really notice are all the tourist which seemed pretty "normal" to me. Various attractions for tourist may or may not be "in season". The Passion Play is a must. I think the fishing and trout fishing can be excellent but no first hand knowledge. I think its Beaver Lake that has trout. That White River looks nice and parts of it I think has trout. We will probably go back to mostly fish next time(so keep us posted).

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580634 04/18/22 05:31 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by freerange
If you do go to Eureka let me know. I checked out all the "nice" restaurants and can help you with that. Mostly we did basic sight seeing and walked the town/shops. I agree exactly with what BigBob said about comparing to Austin and the gay situation. If someone hadnt mentioned the gay thing, I wouldnt have even noticed. It seems like some of the restaurant staff could be gay but thats not too uncommon. I heard a decent percent of the locals are gay but all you really notice are all the tourist which seemed pretty "normal" to me. Various attractions for tourist may or may not be "in season". The Passion Play is a must. I think the fishing and trout fishing can be excellent but no first hand knowledge. I think its Beaver Lake that has trout. That White River looks nice and parts of it I think has trout. We will probably go back to mostly fish next time(so keep us posted).

actually, the trout are in the white river. Beaver lake is a warm water lake (surprising given the temp of the river). Excellent striper fishing.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580642 04/18/22 05:47 PM
G
goosebuster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Eureka Springs/ Mountain Home are the Arkansas choices and then the other consideration is Gatlinburg. We are trying something other than the typical beach summer vacation.

Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580675 04/18/22 07:11 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Roaring River state park for trout. Only about 20 miles from Eureka Springs.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8580679 04/18/22 07:24 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by goosebuster
I am glad I read and found this thread. I was/still am considering Eureka Springs as a vacation idea, but sounds like it would be Arkansas' version of Austin.

Any other spots in Arkansas to consider? I like to trout fish, so I would like that to be an option. The rest of the family is down for whatever, and we have a boat if we need to haul one.

it's nothing like Austin. It's a beautiful little town and a good visit. don't worry, even in San Francisco you don't get attacked by gay people. go have fun and don't worry about the other folks, they're trying to have fun too.

Absolutely nothing like Austin. Roaring River is just 30 minutes away and has some great trout fishing.

Proverbs 2
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580707 04/18/22 08:39 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I grew up near Hot Springs. Horse racing, fishing. The list goes on.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580827 04/19/22 12:07 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I went in 1997 or 1998 but i remember it being a decent place for a 13 year old kid to go.

I went fishing in the white river below beaver lake and caught trout. Went fishing on Table Rock lake ( which was beautiful ) and caught bass. Mountains were awesome. We also went to Onyx Cave, the Passion Play and some inn that had the antlers of a giant elk killed in the area around 1800.

Was memorable as it was the only Vacation we ever took during my childhood.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Eureka Springs, Arkansas-tips on visiting? [Re: freerange] #8580919 04/19/22 02:08 AM
F
freerange Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
TxTro, Im surprised anyone your age wouldnt have gone on family vacations. I assume not going on vacations was more the norm back in the day. We would sometimes go to "the Valley" and stay a few days at a little motel with a swimming pool. I learned later in life that Dad used the trips to look for used gin equipment and farm equipment. I cant remember any other vacations. Never missed them though, had a blast all summer long running the neighborhood with my bb gun and playing with neighbors.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide