Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537018 02/21/22 01:41 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Yep, when my Father died, folks started coming by and wanted to buy this and buy that.

Response was, "was it for sale when he was alive?".

No and get the hell out of here..

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537031 02/21/22 01:57 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yes, seen it several times. It's terrible.

Good friend of mine told me about 4 years ago, I am responsible for all his guns. So he is already in front of this. He said I am in the will to take possession of all of them, sell them, and give his wife the funds. I am honored at that level of trust. And I will absolutely do right by both of them.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537032 02/21/22 01:58 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sorry for your loss and the mess you and your wife are dealing with.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537063 02/21/22 02:20 PM
texasag93 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
My brother and I told our parents to spend our inheritance. We love them, not their money.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537073 02/21/22 02:29 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
There is a lot of truth in this "the love of money is the root of all evil"

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537093 02/21/22 02:43 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I believe much like my ancestors. "Leave no trace". After a person is gone burn all their belongings and no one has anything to fight about. I have specific instructions for my things after death because there won't be much left. My wife's family have began circling as my father in law's health deteriorates. He has lived with us for years because of his health and no one other than my wife will to take care of him. I told my parents I wanted nothing earthly and they could leave it all to my brothers and sisters to do as they wish, but they should try to sell their land and spend all their money. The most valuable things I got from my folks is being taught how to learn, how to work, and how to keep a clear conscience. I hope I taught my kids the same because I'm not leaving anything for them to fight over and they know it.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 02/21/22 03:22 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Human vultures [Re: J.G.] #8537104 02/21/22 02:51 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Good friend of mine told me about 4 years ago, I am responsible for all his guns. So he is already in front of this. He said I am in the will to take possession of all of them, sell them, and give his wife the funds. I am honored at that level of trust. And I will absolutely do right by both of them.

More than likely you already have, if not make sure you have an accurate inventory of all of his guns, if not quite a few of them might end up missing before the dust settles.

Last edited by Stub; 02/21/22 02:52 PM.

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Human vultures [Re: Stub] #8537135 02/21/22 03:05 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

More than likely you already have, if not make sure you have an accurate inventory of all of his guns, if not quite a few of them might end up missing before the dust settles.

Think he has a list, but I do not. I just sent him a text asking for make, model, serial number.

Good call, sir! up

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537161 02/21/22 03:29 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I have recently seen a glimpse of what this could look like. My FIL recently passed, and of course, all of his belongings went to my MIL. Luckily for us, there have been no vultures. But, the thought of it happening has been on our minds. Just the thought of it happening has spurred me to finish my will that I had started working on over a year ago.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537281 02/21/22 05:17 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Yes, people suck.

Just one example - When my Dad dropped dead of a heart attack I was working in Morgan City, Louisiana. I got the call in the middle of the night and headed home. Got to his house the next day and witnessed his new wife and her daughter taring the place apart and loading their vehicles with many things that did not belong to them. We're talking about things that were very sentimental to me and my family, things that belonged to my Dad/Mom/older Brother/Grandparents on both sides etc (all of whom are deceased - very few of their things remain). Dad's body wasn't even cold yet and these two pieces of [censored] are taking whatever they want, very personal family things. Dad always had emergency money stashed and they were losing their minds trying to find it. I didn't care about the money it would have been hers anyway, but pizzed me off because they lied to me about what they were doing. With all of my heart I wished that they could have both been men just for a couple minutes, because I would have beat the absolute dog pizz out of both of them. I would have gladly went to jail over that.

I can't imagine being that way, no respect whatsoever. All about what they could get out of it. Human garbage and I felt no remorse when she died not long after.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537295 02/21/22 05:48 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Been there. I gave my share of the farm to my sister. She built a new house. She will line there and pass it on.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Human vultures [Re: bill oxner] #8537309 02/21/22 06:06 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Been there. I gave my share of the farm to my sister. She built a new house. She will line there and pass it on.

Bills no vulture. Nice move Bill.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537391 02/21/22 08:21 PM
Texas452 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
When I married my wife we helped her parents financially quite a bit over the the years.
Somehow they did end up with 10 acres of land.
When they passed we paid for the funeral expenses ( my wife’s brothers and sisters were into drugs) because no one else could contribute.
There were 10 kids in her family and she was looking forward to her 1 acre of land, but the will stated she had enough and didn’t need anything so the dope heads got everything.
It was fine with me but it broke her heart, I think because she was so close to her daddy and just wanted it for him.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537408 02/21/22 08:41 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
I can't tell you the number of people that have asked if I'm having an estate sale for my father's place. No, everything out there is either something I need/want (tractor, pickup, trailers) or it's trash. Go away.

To top that, my father was in a wreck 20 months ago. SafeCo told the other guy to pound sand, that each party was equally at fault, pay your own bills. Come to find out some shyster Dallas attorney filed suit a month after he died and they just now found out I'm the executor and served me. Suing a dead guy. Real cool.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Human vultures [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8537415 02/21/22 08:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
I can't tell you the number of people that have asked if I'm having an estate sale for my father's place. No, everything out there is either something I need/want (tractor, pickup, trailers) or it's trash. Go away.

To top that, my father was in a wreck 20 months ago. SafeCo told the other guy to pound sand, that each party was equally at fault, pay your own bills. Come to find out some shyster Dallas attorney filed suit a month after he died and they just now found out I'm the executor and served me. Suing a dead guy. Real cool.

They know it's hard for him to state his case, but if you have not settle the estate, they have a pool of money & assets to go after.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537481 02/21/22 10:29 PM
R
R83steve Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
My family has a story also. It’s funny (not really) that these things are cued after someone passes away.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537644 02/22/22 02:00 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I’m dealing with it as we speak with the wife’s family and grandma isn’t even dead.

Saw a little bit when my moms parents passed away. One of my uncles ( and his kid ) got a Mercury grand marquis worh insanely low miles, a few shot guns, and I never found out what happened to his decades worth of playboys.

My cousin sawed the barrel off the shotgun and I’m pretty sure shot himself in the leg with it later on while he was high

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537660 02/22/22 02:11 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
I have stories, I try and put them behind me and have been pretty good at it. Time heals a lot of anger, but I will not get into it because it will cause me to go in a tailspin. I have a half brother who stole some serious money from our 90 year old grand mother(before diagnosed with Dementia) and a half sister who smuggled out money before my moms will was set in stone....I'll leave it at that...pure evil.

My real brother is a good soul.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537704 02/22/22 02:48 AM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I forgot. My step-grandmother's only blood relative, her niece, got her to change her will at the end of her life and left everything, including 50% of our business to the niece. (The woman lived in California and never had anything to do with the business. ) 1 year of lawyers battling in court and we basically got the business and the niece got everything else. My mom never got to go through a single thing that was her father's, and I'm sure a few things of her mother's, at least some pictures. We came out well in the end, especially when we sold the business, but I can't help thinking there's "a special place" for that niece. The phrase "I hope she chokes on it," comes to mind.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537751 02/22/22 03:23 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Years ago went with my best friend to his aunts funeral. It was an extremely wealthy family with a ton of south Texas land holdings. Long story short...another brother thought his now dead sister had screwed him out of about 5Kac of land when dad passed and hatred the ground she walked on....
As everyone filed by the casket the POed bro walked up at spit in his sisters dead face....
I’d say that’s taking it to the Nth degree

Re: Human vultures [Re: tlk] #8537828 02/22/22 05:10 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by tlk
Money makes fools out of many - when my parents passed my two sisters and I sat down and divided what they left us in a respectful way - equal all the way around

Greed is a sad thing in our world - it exposes many people for what they are

Money doesn’t make them foolish. They were foolish all along and money amplified their foolishness.

I’ve seen it many times and it’s disgusting how people fight over money and belongings. When my granddad died, his family from his second marriage went crazy and fought over his possessions. I was given his shoe shine kit that he had for many, many years. He always took great pride in his appearance and kept his shoes shined, so now every time I shine my shoes, I think of him. As I get older, the most important thing for me is leaving behind memories. I understand memories fade over time, but they’ll last a lot longer than an flat screen TV and bring more joy.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537849 02/22/22 07:02 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
My parents are both gone and I am an only child. Dad passed eight years ago but mom died in 2020. On one hand I am glad I didn’t have to deal with anyone going crazy wanting stuff but it wasn’t easy doing everything by myself. By that I mean there were a ton of decisions to be made and it would have been nice to have some help.

Dad talked often about me and him going in together and buying a small ranch to hunt on. I started my business a few years before his death and really wasn’t in the position to buy one at the time. I bought a small place with the proceeds from their house. Seeming like a fitting thing to do. I haven’t touched a penny of the rest of the inheritance.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Biscuit] #8537859 02/22/22 11:27 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Biscuit
I’ve seen it happen too, it’s disgusting. I’m being diligent in my will

And that solves most if not all the problems. If anybody comes away mad, they'll be mad at me not other family members.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Human vultures [Re: bigjoe8565] #8537895 02/22/22 12:52 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
I was given his shoe shine kit that he had for many, many years. He always took great pride in his appearance and kept his shoes shined, so now every time I shine my shoes, I think of him.

A proper shine on your shoes is a lost art. up I got my dad's kit. He was born in 1918. I think of him every time I break it out. He always said you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his shoes. And on the other end of the spectrum nowadays - I've seen guys in shorts and flip-flops...in church. Ours is not a beach church. "Gotta be comfortable!" Gimme a break. bang

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8537971 02/22/22 02:24 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I remember having to shine shoes on Saturday evening. I got elected to do mine, Dad’s, and my brothers. Rub in polish, brush and buff with a towel.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide