Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: glocker17] #8533647 02/17/22 01:52 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by glocker17
White Collar felonies don't bar you from Firearms ownership once your time is served.

Incorrect, all felonies are the same under that statute.

dishonorably discharged from the service makes you a prohibited person as well.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: stillhntr] #8533771 02/17/22 03:57 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Thanks to the Patriot Act you don't even have to be convicted. Merely accused by some liberal DA and your 2nd Amendment rights are taken away.

Of course they are abusing it. duh

One shot is all it should take.
Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: Sniper John] #8534055 02/17/22 08:08 PM
Inge0071 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted by Sniper John
The ATF is pretty much inviting people to swat their ex for revenge, not because they are doing something illegal and the right thing to do. Read the tweet. It was their reach, not mine.

Tremendous amounts of funding in pursuit of "domestic terrorists."

Lots of us have angry ex's that would love nothing more than cause problems.

This tweet is designated to create an opportunity to interview normal spouses fingered by an angry X. Anything, literally anything you say can be used to support a search warrant if the ATF can argue you misrepresented a fact. And remember, when they make the argument in an affidavit, you won't be there to point out the obvious factual/logical liberties taken by the agent.

Folks should be very, very cautious answering any questions whatsoever from a federal agent.

The safest course of action is to simply refuse to answer any questions. Nothing you say can help you in most instances, but it can sure make things a lot worse.

Pro Deo et patria
Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: ntxtrapper] #8558526 03/17/22 07:21 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by blkt2
I like it. Folks who buy and sell guns unlawfully, are the people who bring legislation upon the legal responsible gun owners.

The only thing lower than a criminal is a snitch.

There should be no such thing as a technical felony with a firearm. People that commit real violent crimes with a firearm should be the only people the law addresses.

Felons in possession of firearms, who are only prosecuted if they use it in a violent crime, doesn't sound like greatest idea and I have some experience in the matter.

Funny that you missed the point of your own post. The laws exist making it illegal for a felon to possess firearms. "Who are only prosecuted if they use it in a violent crime" this is a prosecutor issue not a law issue.

Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: ntxtrapper] #8558529 03/17/22 07:23 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
The problem I see is this. Divorces and breakups can and do bring out the worst in couples with intent to destroy each other's lives any way they can. This tweet is feeding off that. I bet the ATF got plenty of calls because of it, but I also bet most of them are retaliatory and not legit or very weak claims at best. Those calls will get investigated anyway and create all kinds of problems for those people using the investigations it in divorce court, with employers, with child custody issues, and directly to their children. And of those who have children, the children will be the ones who get hurt the most. Not the ex they called on. This was a terrible idea.

Based on my experience that's a reach. If it's a bitter divorce/child custody dispute, any knowledge of illegal activity by the other side will be reported and it doesn't take a tweet to give them the idea.

Obviously your experience does not have much reach. You must live a sheltered life in a convent if you don't believe many divorces are based on made up crap so one side (usually the woman) will get more value out of the "divorce".

Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: ntxtrapper] #8558531 03/17/22 07:25 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by blkt2
^^^ A close friend of mine is a US attorney and another was the capital case prosecutor in Dallas for 15 years, not to mention my soon to be brother in law is a BATFE agent. We like to have long talks about this subject not to mention my love of reading case law about this kind of thing and I have a near photographic memory for the written word. It is a subject that I have devoted a great deal of time studying over the past 35 years.

That's about what I figured.

And it appears your knowledge is based on little or nothing.

Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: stillhntr] #8561363 03/21/22 06:20 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Snitches get stitches...just sayin! up

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: Sniper John] #8561405 03/21/22 07:33 PM
D
decook Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by TLew
........ if it was real it would have come to light without the call-out?.....

My first though was that this was probably not real, but it was a real tweet. Scroll to Feb 14.
https://twitter.com/atfhq

Turns out some other law enforcement agencies have been doing the same thing on Valentines asking people to give up former partners who have outstanding warrants.

Outstanding warrants already have a chain of custody regarding an absconder. So that can be verified by the authorities before paying a visit to a perp. This thing the ATF did might have triggered investigations they had no right or authority to do based off of *nothing* except to vet out a crime reported by some pissed off spouse that might be a false claim. How would any of you feel if for zero reason or zero probable cause that an ATF agent knocked on your door while you are typing out a reply to the THF and started asking you questions about your gun sales, even if you haven't sold a thing in years? This is how I read Sniper John's reply and I agree with it 100%.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: A new low forthe ATF [Re: stillhntr] #8565243 03/26/22 08:31 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
[Linked Image]

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide