Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8526623 02/08/22 08:57 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
gonna guess Shotsie must not have ever hunted prior to being 18.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8526625 02/08/22 08:58 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Still comical, "Why doesn't someone else make it easier for me?" Seems there must be some low hanging fruit over there. A true business opportunity.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: Hudbone] #8526626 02/08/22 08:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone

We are left knowledgelessness in that aspect…..

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hunter safety card [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8526684 02/08/22 10:03 PM
R
rickt300 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by rickt300

Guess that is why you call yourself Bobo the Clown. Too dense to see what a big issue this is.

You are one griping about location, I had to drive 20 miles one way for two days to get mine done 30 years ago. You act like it’s some huge inconvenience. It’s essentially a fire arms safety class for kids since adults can take on line. Texas offers a deferment for reason.

Again become an instructor. Problem solved. Want one in school become an instructor and go talk to school board. You can probably get donations from NRA to reimburse expenses of becoming an instructor. There is specific money set aside by Pittman Robertson act also.

You are still missing the point "Bobo".

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8526688 02/08/22 10:05 PM
R
rickt300 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
R
The innerweb

Someone said this and thought that was all that needed 2 bee brought forth. He forgots how so many on here want to make so much outta nothen. The innerweb allows convenient axcess as long as youse can get to a compuper. Mostuns have compupers closer than Cabelas.

TPWD-Approved Hunter Safety Course Online

Take this Texas–approved course to complete your online hunter safety education. Hunter-ed.com is a delegated provider for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

In TX Under 17 has to do theirs in person for good reason.

Technically ol grumpy Ricky booby could buy his grandson a Oklahoma NR license online, then he could do Oklahoma’s online class assuming they are older then 10. Oklahoma has reciprocity in TX

But it’s easier to project then just google.

Funny how the airheads come out of the woodwork over such obvious things and then push another states solution to the problem. Yes Texas should do online Hunter safety courses just like Oklahoma does and guess what I had Drake do exactly that. "Bobo".

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: Hudbone] #8526691 02/08/22 10:07 PM
R
rickt300 Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
R
The innerweb

Someone said this and thought that was all that needed 2 bee brought forth. He forgots how so many on here want to make so much outta nothen. The innerweb allows convenient axcess as long as youse can get to a compuper. Mostuns have compupers closer than Cabelas.

Take this Texas–approved course to complete your online hunter safety education. Hunter-ed.com is a delegated provider for the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Geez the online part isn't the problem, day drinking?

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8526692 02/08/22 10:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
The innerweb

In TX Under 17 has to do theirs in person for good reason.

Technically ol grumpy Ricky booby could buy his grandson a Oklahoma NR license online, then he could do Oklahoma’s online class assuming they are older then 10. Oklahoma has reciprocity in TX

But it’s easier to project then just google.

Funny how the airheads come out of the woodwork over such obvious things and then push another states solution to the problem. Yes Texas should do online Hunter safety courses just like Oklahoma does and guess what I had Drake do exactly that. "Bobo".

Glad I provided you a solution cheers

No point in being mad over people disagreeing on whether kids should have online option,

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8526724 02/08/22 10:37 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
The innerweb

Geez the online part isn't the problem, day drinking?

Soon. Just slow.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8527715 02/09/22 10:04 PM
H
Hunt Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I was born in July 1961, never HAD to take the class by law.

I took it in Spring of 1976, Jr High
Took it again in Fall 1977, High School
And again in Fall 1980, Freshman in College; all three times in classes that were PE electives.

Then one more time in March 2004 with my Son when he was old enough to take it and would eventually need it.
Between 1980 and 2004 that course changed a whole bunch. Covered all sorts of new topics like Conservation, being a steward of the land, Ecology.

That last time I actually learned some new things and appreciated the new perspective. The Instructor and I talked a bunch and my Son and I had a good time.

But there was one question on the test all four times about what is the best size shot for Quail. The test gives four options that all work pretty well.
The correct answer is #8 shot. Every time I took the course the instructor told us the answer to that question before the test because it's really an opinion.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: Hunt Dog] #8527721 02/09/22 10:17 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hunt Dog
I was born in July 1961, never HAD to take the class by law.

I took it in Spring of 1976, Jr High
Took it again in Fall 1977, High School
And again in Fall 1980, Freshman in College; all three times in classes that were PE electives.

Then one more time in March 2004 with my Son when he was old enough to take it and would eventually need it.
Between 1980 and 2004 that course changed a whole bunch. Covered all sorts of new topics like Conservation, being a steward of the land, Ecology.

That last time I actually learned some new things and appreciated the new perspective. The Instructor and I talked a bunch and my Son and I had a good time.

But there was one question on the test all four times about what is the best size shot for Quail. The test gives four options that all work pretty well.
The correct answer is #8 shot. Every time I took the course the instructor told us the answer to that question before the test because it's really an opinion.
That's what I did too. Sophomore year in college, 1979, I took rifle and handgun marksmanship (yeah, that was a real course back then) and towards the end of the semester they had an NRA Hunter Safety instructor come in for one day and teach the class, then we took the test. The number on my card is 0130. What impressed me the most was 8 or 9 years ago when TPWD started including that information on your license, they actually still had mine from 1979 and they even got the number right without me telling them.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8527745 02/09/22 10:40 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Just a reminder for you Dads, those kids will need Hunter safety certification to hunt in most Western states too.
Might as well get it out of the way.

It is a worthwhile class, with a good instructor. The range time is a plus as well.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: Wytex] #8527750 02/09/22 10:46 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wytex
Just a reminder for you Dads, those kids will need Hunter safety certification to hunt in most Western states too.

It is a worthwhile class, with a good instructor. The range time is a plus as well.

Also Even if you are exempt in Texas you may not be exempt in other states

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8527836 02/10/22 12:01 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

When my youngest Son turned 9 I sat through the course with him, mainly to see just how much it had or had not changed since I took mine in the 90's.

1 day course now (was 2 days back then).

No range time/no proficiency test (said no longer required so he doesn't do it). Course was at the High School.

Instructor was a nice ol' feller and did a great job, but a big portion of the class towards the end was focused 100% on trophy hunting (wasn't even mentioned back then). That wore me out. Long video and lots of discussion around identifying and only shooting mature trophy deer. Not everyone cares about trophy hunting, IMO should have focused more on what's legal and not personal opinions on trophy animals. Anyway even though my Son was prepared and knew most of this stuff he still enjoyed it, and scored 1'st in his class.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8527863 02/10/22 12:47 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I took it years ago for this reason. I wasn't required in Texas but I wanted it just in case I got an opportunity to hunt in another state.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Hunter safety card [Re: skinnerback] #8528150 02/10/22 01:21 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback

When my youngest Son turned 9 I sat through the course with him, mainly to see just how much it had or had not changed since I took mine in the 90's.

1 day course now (was 2 days back then).

No range time/no proficiency test (said no longer required so he doesn't do it). Course was at the High School.

Instructor was a nice ol' feller and did a great job, but a big portion of the class towards the end was focused 100% on trophy hunting (wasn't even mentioned back then). That wore me out. Long video and lots of discussion around identifying and only shooting mature trophy deer. Not everyone cares about trophy hunting, IMO should have focused more on what's legal and not personal opinions on trophy animals. Anyway even though my Son was prepared and knew most of this stuff he still enjoyed it, and scored 1'st in his class.

I made my wife take it a while back. Basically in the car on the way to Rockport. I don't remember anything Trophy wis out side of maybe spread . I do remember it having some oddly worded question.

I wish the class had some medical triage and compass work in it also. The invention of the Havalon is probably upped stitches 20x

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8528325 02/10/22 04:47 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
The invention of the Havalon is probably upped stitches 20x

No doubt. I use mine for Euro's only.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: rickt300] #8528340 02/10/22 05:06 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Outdoor edge knives are way better than Havalon. I haven't used my Havalon in a few years.

Re: Hunter safety card [Re: garyrapp55] #8528746 02/11/22 02:19 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Outdoor edge knives are way better than Havalon. I haven't used my Havalon in a few years.

That’s What I have now and just keep Havalon for capeing skulls

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide