Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8478286 12/17/21 11:57 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
On the upside you are having it done in this day in age. My wife had hers removed one year before laparoscopic surgery was a thing and they split her from stem to stern with a 3 day stay in the hospital. Now days its almost day surgery with keyhole incisions.

On the down side some foods seemed to pass though her with the speed of light.

Make America Great Again

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8478333 12/17/21 01:11 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Yeah, I remember those big scars from the old days. I've already lost so much weight I just pulled on my jeans while they were already buttoned and zipped. I guess a fat glock in a iwb and a tight belt will hold them up.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8478352 12/17/21 01:34 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Hope it works out well for you.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8478485 12/17/21 03:36 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
OUCH !!!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8478590 12/17/21 05:04 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I hope that they can do it with a laparoscopic procedure, they still do the old procedure, in a small percentage of cases. I had my done in the bad old days and have a six inch scar.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8482140 12/21/21 01:20 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Been a couple of months since my gall bladder removal, so I’ve had a chance to find out what to eat and what not to eat.

Potato chips - give me the trots and quickly.
Salad is no problem
Don’t overdo the hot sauces. My body apparently can’t take all the burn out prior to exit, so there is one place that burns.
Salsa and chips, on the other hand, are no problem.
Any large greasy meal will pass through fairly fast.
Angel hair pasta overloaded with olive oil is to be eaten in small quantities. Too much, and yee haa.
Most foods are Ok, I’m pleased to say

Other points of interest - flatulence…man, I have gas all the time. But haven’t had any uhhhh accidents with farts.

Like my sister said about her post gall bladder life, it’s close to normal. But my sense of taste is a tiny bit different. Some things taste a bit different than they used to. I want vegetables now more than I did. I can’t explain that, but there it is.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: 603Country] #8482504 12/21/21 12:35 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by 603Country
Been a couple of months since my gall bladder removal, so I’ve had a chance to find out what to eat and what not to eat.

Potato chips - give me the trots and quickly.
Salad is no problem
Don’t overdo the hot sauces. My body apparently can’t take all the burn out prior to exit, so there is one place that burns.
Salsa and chips, on the other hand, are no problem.
Any large greasy meal will pass through fairly fast.
Angel hair pasta overloaded with olive oil is to be eaten in small quantities. Too much, and yee haa.
Most foods are Ok, I’m pleased to say

Other points of interest - flatulence…man, I have gas all the time. But haven’t had any uhhhh accidents with farts.

Like my sister said about her post gall bladder life, it’s close to normal. But my sense of taste is a tiny bit different. Some things taste a bit different than they used to. I want vegetables now more than I did. I can’t explain that, but there it is.

That's good to know. So far the doc has me on what he called the liver cleansing diet. I can eat lean meat, fish, pretty much as many veggies as I want. No fat, nothing fried, no milk or cheese, and so on. I've been craving spinach and turnip greens like crazy. Pork tenderloin and spinach is great. At least the chronic diarrea is gone now. I'd had that for months and months.

I am scheduled for another MRCP scan after Christmas and he wants another colonoscopy done when they can fit me in. Yippee, more fun.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8484102 12/22/21 11:02 PM
B
Buck Tooter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
I had it twice. It isn't fun. Two different doctors wanted to take out the gallbladder even tho' the imaging didn't really show an issue with the gallbladder other than a thickening of the wall. Finally got in to see Dr. Marcus "Max" Goldschmiedt who figured out the issue was a narrowing at the end of the common bile duct for whatever reason. He went in with a scope down my throat, worked his way down, made slits in the end of the duct, and placed a stent. Had a follow up CT scan to make sure the stent had passed. A lot easier than surgery. It can be a few different things. Good luck.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: Buck Tooter] #8507278 01/18/22 07:38 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Buck Tooter
I had it twice. It isn't fun. Two different doctors wanted to take out the gallbladder even tho' the imaging didn't really show an issue with the gallbladder other than a thickening of the wall. Finally got in to see Dr. Marcus "Max" Goldschmiedt who figured out the issue was a narrowing at the end of the common bile duct for whatever reason. He went in with a scope down my throat, worked his way down, made slits in the end of the duct, and placed a stent. Had a follow up CT scan to make sure the stent had passed. A lot easier than surgery. It can be a few different things. Good luck.

Good to hear. I'm glad they figured out your problem.
They seem to be preparing me for gall bladder surgery.

They wanted to be sure it wasn't colon related so had me go in for a butt cam today.
Suprep for supper.
Suprep for breakfast.
Colonoscopy for lunch.

No polyps or cancerous lesions, just some mild diverticulosis in the sigmoid region.
Man, that Chick fila was good after two days of fasting. Two of them original sammies.
woot

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8507281 01/18/22 07:43 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I had the surgery just before you did.

The only difference I've noticed is with beef. If I over indulge, I get major gas.
That, and more gas period, but that seems to be trailing off as time goes by.

What I don't miss are the stomach aches from that gall bladder that would last all night. Good riddance.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8527729 02/09/22 10:27 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
So, after all these tests they have finally decided to use the robotic procedure to remove my dead crusty gallbladder. The darn machine thing looks like some kind of freaky Edward Scissorhands on steroids. This has been quite the testing ordeal. I'm just about sick of signing consent forms....initial here, and here and here...signature here. My arms look like a heroin addict from all the blood jabs and draws the last few months. So if the thing rips me right in two, see ya next go round.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8527849 02/10/22 12:26 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Update on food a couple of months after my last comments regarding the gall bladder removal and life after. There were a few things that I couldn’t eat in December, but today I can eat just about anything. I have not retried the Angel hair pasta soaked in olive oil. That would be pushing it. I still have bad gas, depending on what I eat. The drizzly trots have gone away, thank goodness.

The odd thing for me now is that some foods just taste different than they used to. Not a lot different, but not the same as it was.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8527858 02/10/22 12:41 AM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
Yeppers, I believe the good doc took pleasure in telling me I'd be able to eat whatever I wanted after the healing. I've lost right at 40 lbs since this started. Most of my jeans won't stay up without a belt.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8528214 02/10/22 02:23 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Hope it goes well.

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8530532 02/13/22 05:46 PM
Y
yotehater Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
Y
I appreciate it. big up And all of the advice and stories from everyone. It has sure helped me get through this medical maize. I'd have been frustrated weeks ago until I would remember how long it took for some of you. I guess they want to be absolutely sure and take as few chances as they can. I finally got the toasted gall bladder out with that robotic deal. Funny when I was wheeled into the operating room the surgical nurses were introducing everyone on their team including the robot. eek2 There wasn't much I remember after that.

Just sore now a bit with five of the 3/4" incisions around the navel. They got most of the air out but still some gurgling around. Odd BM this morning was about ten seconds of dry air. Wow that was a first. I did find a lost EKG sticker pad near my armpit they left. But everything went as smoothly as it could have with no complications. So again, thanks for all the wisdom wit and entertainment. I needed it.

One final thing. Men, listen up. Don't be a Superman when you are really hurting. It only makes things worse. At the bare minimum go to one of the urgent care places and get a full blood scan. That alone would have cut years of gall stone attacks and abuse to the point of contraction and failure. When those bile ducts get blocked the bilirubin level spikes. Catch it then before it turns into days of pain. When all that bile is backed up in your liver and pancreas and not going out the back end. flame

Re: Pancreatitis hurts [Re: yotehater] #8531117 02/14/22 01:15 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
up

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread