Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... #8476267 12/15/21 05:57 AM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef

I was supposed to go on a kangaroo hunt with my boss's Son that kills roos for a living there, contract hunter. covid screwed all that up. Would have been a great trip. I always wanted to cook kangaroo over a camp fire in the bush. Also would be pretty cool to meet an Ausie like this one......

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476303 12/15/21 10:45 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Roo is good, not great, I killed one in Eastland a few years ago.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476317 12/15/21 11:42 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
She's definitely a killer. up

A red stag from New Zealand has been on my bucket list for a long time. rifle

[Linked Image]
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: kry226] #8476372 12/15/21 01:07 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Wife and I went to New Zealand for our 30th anniversary - was the trip of our lifetime for sure - huntied stag, etc. and then spent a couple of weeks sight seeing. Incredible place and people for sure -

Last edited by tlk; 12/15/21 01:07 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476384 12/15/21 01:17 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Yessir

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476507 12/15/21 03:23 PM
D
DonPablo Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
I wonder how many hoops you have to jump through to get the firearm permit. From what I understand they're so anti-firearm that they even regulate BB guns. I guess if you can get the permit you're good... unless you cough and they lock you up in a COVID camp. grin

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476624 12/15/21 05:02 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I would love to go visit there.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: Mr. T.] #8476712 12/15/21 06:52 PM
O
Old Rabbit Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
I would love to go visit there.

Me too. I have been North, East and West, but no farther South than the bottom of Mexico on the Atlantic side.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8476936 12/15/21 11:24 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
We spent about a week between there and New Zealand when I worked. New Zealand is really something. Australia especially flying over it is a lot of nothing. Never saw a Kangaroo but did see a lot of ant mounds.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: DonPablo] #8477037 12/16/21 01:30 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by DonPablo
I wonder how many hoops you have to jump through to get the firearm permit. From what I understand they're so anti-firearm that they even regulate BB guns. I guess if you can get the permit you're good... unless you cough and they lock you up in a COVID camp. grin

Australia is far from anti gun. A huge percentage of the population owns Guns and hunts. Like a lot of governments their parliament is stacked with liberals from bigger population centers.
They outlawed automatic and semi automatics of all makes and models long and handguns many years ago. But it is still and always has been legal to keep and shoot revolvers, bolt actions, pumps, 2 barrels and drilling’s and single shots.
I have a friend who owns a very large gun distributorship down there and he sells a mountain of guns every year.

I haven’t been even after being invited many times but plan to in my retirement, which starts Jan.1. But I will not take my own gun it is far easier to use the outfitters or guides.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477236 12/16/21 04:39 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I thought you swore off white women for tho darker ones….. confused2

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: huntwest] #8477242 12/16/21 04:46 AM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by huntwest
Australia is far from anti gun A huge percentage of the population owns Guns and hunts. Like a lot of governments their parliament is stacked with liberals from bigger population centers.
They outlawed automatic and semi automatics of all makes and models long and handguns many years ago. But it is still and always has been legal to keep and shoot revolvers, bolt actions, pumps, 2 barrels and drilling’s and single shots.
I have a friend who owns a very large gun distributorship down there and he sells a mountain of guns every year.

I haven’t been even after being invited many times but plan to in my retirement, which starts Jan.1. But I will not take my own gun it is far easier to use the outfitters or guides.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I know many Aussies, and every one of them will disagree with you.

They literally went door to door, kicked in many doors while families were sleeping, and searched for "illegal" weapons. Drug men off to jail and prison for owning certain weapons. I heard many face to face stories from Aussies that worked the Oil Field with me. You are dead wrong on this.

Yes, you can own "certain weapons" there, as long as you submit to their authority and do what you're told and pay the taxes associated with....I've eaten a lot of kangaroo pizza's listening to Aussies watching rugby.... compared to us Australia is EXTREMLY anti gun. They literally took family heirloom rifles from the hands of Fathers & Grandfathers in front of their families. Refuse and go to prison, that's exactly what happened.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8477243 12/16/21 04:47 AM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

[Linked Image]

You must be drunk. bolt

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477311 12/16/21 11:26 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback

[Linked Image]

You must be drunk. bolt

Nope….LBFM’s

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477498 12/16/21 03:06 PM
D
DonPablo Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Australia is far from anti gun A huge percentage of the population owns Guns and hunts. Like a lot of governments their parliament is stacked with liberals from bigger population centers.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I know many Aussies, and every one of them will disagree with you.

They literally went door to door, kicked in many doors while families were sleeping, and searched for "illegal" weapons. Drug men off to jail and prison for owning certain weapons. I heard many face to face stories from Aussies that worked the Oil Field with me. You are dead wrong on this.

Yes, you can own "certain weapons" there, as long as you submit to their authority and do what you're told and pay the taxes associated with....I've eaten a lot of kangaroo pizza's listening to Aussies watching rugby.... compared to us Australia is EXTREMLY anti gun. They literally took family heirloom rifles from the hands of Fathers & Grandfathers in front of their families. Refuse and go to prison, that's exactly what happened.

Info I'd heard (read) a while back was along the lines of what skinner back said. 1st time I've heard someone claim the opposite. Man, y'all keep this up and I might have to actually do the research. Lol. grin

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477519 12/16/21 03:26 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I've always wanted to see Australia, and that gal would be an acceptable hunting partner.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477927 12/16/21 11:03 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef

Sorry if I came across too harsh huntwest.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8477928 12/16/21 11:04 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef

[Linked Image]

You must be drunk. bolt

Nope….LBFM’s

grin

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8477929 12/16/21 11:07 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D

I've traveled and fished there many occasions. Was never able to line up a hunt, but not for the lack of trying. Just never had enough lead time. The government and most of the people in the major cities are anti-gun. The rural residents are very much like us and are pro-gun and pro-hunting, but they are the voting minority. A lesson we need to very much bear in mind else we end up in the same boat. On the plus side, the Aussie hunting forum allows middle finger emogies and cursing. It's worth browsing if you want some insight to life down there. I've been a member of their forum for many years. When "TexasDave" posts up pic's of pig piles and my AR they get jealous as heck.
https://www.australianhunting.net/index.php?action=forum

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8478356 12/17/21 01:38 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

Well you did overdo it some. If what you say did happen it wasn’t widespread. They did not take any guns except semi autos and autos. Which I absolutely do not agree with but the statement I was addressing was about the nightmare of anti gun crowd. Just like here the anti gun crowd is small but powerful in Australia.
I didn’t say anyone was happy about the laws or having to turn in one gun. But hunting and shooting in Australia is very alive and well.
You may have a few friends there that drink beer and talk [censored] but I have friends that are huge gun dealers and distributors and they have very healthy businesses. The Australians adapted and life went on for them.
And for your information our own ATF has gone to doors and kicked them in and drug people off to jail for owning certain illegal weapons.
This will never change.
Hopefully our gun lobby can keep helping ward off laws that are too intrusive in the US like the ones passed in Australia.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8479335 12/18/21 12:40 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
That’s a cool video!

Thanks for posting it up!

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: huntwest] #8479344 12/18/21 12:54 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DonPablo

Australia is far from anti gun. A huge percentage of the population owns Guns and hunts. Like a lot of governments their parliament is stacked with liberals from bigger population centers.

Banning guns is extremely anti-gun, just so you’re aware.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: Grizz] #8479347 12/18/21 01:00 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Grizz
I've always wanted to see Australia, and that gal would be an acceptable hunting partner.

That's right, some hunting in the "bush" country.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8479677 12/18/21 08:58 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Skinner will seem God-like to the Aborigines.

Re: I have GOT to get to Australia, some day.... [Re: skinnerback] #8480549 12/19/21 07:19 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2