Played in the kitchen this afternoon, trying to come up with something original for WYTEX's party idea.
Mixed a can of Cream of Chicken soup, can of Cream of Bacon soup, one package of mixed veggies, and two cans of diced cooked chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Mixed it all up, then spooned onto a parchment covered cookie sheet and placed in freezer to firm up. Mixed up a Bisquik biscuit batter, to roll them in when they were firm. Rolled them up (I tried for pretty, but my size 14 hands don't do that very well) and froze the whole thing. Then I cooked at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes. My first attempt was to get the outside golden and crispy, while the inside was juicy, but not soggy!
1. Make sure veggies are cut small enough to fit in the scoop, same for the chicken
2. I think you could drain and dice a small can of button mushrooms, or some sweet onion which would improve the mix
3. Cook at about 425 degrees, for 15 minutes to get the color and crisp
4. They are tasty and moist, but decide on a sauce or dip you like. I tried Cholulla, Tabasco, and Jalapeño Ranch and they were all a little over powering. Maybe Bang-Bang sauce??
5. Gonna try the pie crust idea also, and see if maybe you can make them into a ravioli-style puff biscuit
Not bad for a first try. They were still wonderful, and will make a turd!!
. Ultimate goal would be a snack you could deep fry, with fish, shrimp, or French fries???