Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8438564 11/04/21 02:29 AM
Slick Head Online Happy
Pro Tracker
Online Happy
Pro Tracker
I applaud this mother for trying to spend some quality time with her son no matter his age. I find a few comments within this thread to be very disappointing. We should be striving as hunters and conservationist to get more young men and women to enjoy the great outdoors.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8438570 11/04/21 02:36 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
TWA also has an adult mentoring hunting program. up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Beware of this lease [Re: scalebuster] #8438599 11/04/21 03:55 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by scalebuster
That’s tough. Sorry for the bad experience. I like to drink beer and smoke cigars as much as anyone, but wouldn’t think of doing it while guiding a woman and her son. From your write up it sounds like he completely took advantage of you. I applaud you efforts to get your boy hunting and think it took a lot of guts for a woman to jump out there and buy a guide trip on your own. Hopefully an outfitter on THF can steer you to a good hunt. Thanks for alerting others to the Brent Crawford experience.

Good luck and good hunting!

SANDRA
You made it sound like you were a single mother with a young boy hunting with a drunk old man trying to take your money and not helping your little son. What I don’t understand now is why you paid him if it was that bad. What kind of man is your son to let someone take advantage of you. 20 year old men might be different these days but if someone was trying to do anything wrong to my mother when I was that age I damn sure would have stopped it, hell back then I was waiting for someone to do anything so I could whip their arse. I don’t know where you raised this kid but that chit wouldn’t fly in Odessa Tx. You misrepresented what happened and raised a coward

WHOA! Man gotta call it like I see it. You are out of line here pard, and you owe Ms Sandra an apology. Coward is a big word. We don't know anything about her Son, or her, or their personal situation which is none of our business. From what Ms Sandra posted they are new and obviously had no clue what to expect. Just because her 20 yr old Son didn't drop kick an outfitter on their first hunting trip doesn't make him a coward. Good Lord. It sucks that their first experience turned out this way, but such is life. You live and learn and have to move on.

Like mentioned above, there are plenty GOOD outfitters & guides that can be found on this forum that are professionals. Once you guys have a good hunting experience you won't look back. Awesome that you're trying to get your Son outdoors and learn how to hunt, good stuff. Don't give up hunting because of this experience, it gets waaaaay better trust me.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: skinnerback] #8438606 11/04/21 04:57 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
That’s tough. Sorry for the bad experience. I like to drink beer and smoke cigars as much as anyone, but wouldn’t think of doing it while guiding a woman and her son. From your write up it sounds like he completely took advantage of you. I applaud you efforts to get your boy hunting and think it took a lot of guts for a woman to jump out there and buy a guide trip on your own. Hopefully an outfitter on THF can steer you to a good hunt. Thanks for alerting others to the Brent Crawford experience.

SANDRA
You made it sound like you were a single mother with a young boy hunting with a drunk old man trying to take your money and not helping your little son. What I don’t understand now is why you paid him if it was that bad. What kind of man is your son to let someone take advantage of you. 20 year old men might be different these days but if someone was trying to do anything wrong to my mother when I was that age I damn sure would have stopped it, hell back then I was waiting for someone to do anything so I could whip their arse. I don’t know where you raised this kid but that chit wouldn’t fly in Odessa Tx. You misrepresented what happened and raised a coward

WHOA! Man gotta call it like I see it. You are out of line here pard, and you owe Ms Sandra an apology. Coward is a big word. We don't know anything about her Son, or her, or their personal situation which is none of our business. From what Ms Sandra posted they are new and obviously had no clue what to expect. Just because her 20 yr old Son didn't drop kick an outfitter on their first hunting trip doesn't make him a coward. Good Lord. It sucks that their first experience turned out this way, but such is life. You live and learn and have to move on.

Like mentioned above, there are plenty GOOD outfitters & guides that can be found on this forum that are professionals. Once you guys have a good hunting experience you won't look back. Awesome that you're trying to get your Son outdoors and learn how to hunt, good stuff. Don't give up hunting because of this experience, it gets waaaaay better trust me.

You go ahead and call it like you see it and I will too. She misrepresented her situation. A woman taking a boy hunting and a woman taking a man/boy hunting are two different things. He’s in college so he’s not retarded. Why didn’t he take control of the situation so we don’t have to argue about it?

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: skinnerback] #8438616 11/04/21 05:39 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback

SANDRA

Yep.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: scalebuster] #8438624 11/04/21 06:51 AM
S
Sandra W Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
S
I am a single mother of 3. I have raise a gentleman. You are out of line sir.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8438625 11/04/21 06:56 AM
S
Sandra W Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
S
Could someone explain what tea is?

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8438637 11/04/21 10:23 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Sandra W
I am a single mother of 3. I have raise a gentleman. You are out of line sir.

You are right. I apologize.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: scalebuster] #8438865 11/04/21 02:33 PM
F
FXfromTX Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F

SANDRA

This is so far out of line. If somebody needs their arse whipped it might just be you. You don’t know the first thing about this woman or her son. To call anybody you know nothing about a coward is unbelievable. They likely paid for the hunt because they DID spend 2 days there as agreed and they did “hunt” if you can call what he took them to do hunting. It was a poor experience but they might’ve felt it was right to pay the man for his time, etc. I don’t care if the son is 80, drinking and smoking isn’t appropriate unless instigated by the client. Drinking is not appropriate at all if you’re going to be driving on a highway as he did.

I still don’t see why the age matters though. He’s a new hunter. The mother never begged anyone to set him up on a youth hunt. She warned the forum of her experience with Brent Crawford. That’s all she did.

I’m thinking they should’ve taught decency and respect in Odessa, TX, not just how to be a hothead.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: stxranchman] #8438872 11/04/21 02:40 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by stxranchman
I want to thank everyone for the welcome and support. It is very appreciated. I am not giving up on finding a place that can teach us what we need to learn. Thank you all!

You need to ask a lot of questions when trying to find a place to hunt. Ask for references and call all of them. If they won't give you any or don't have any references then look for another outfitter or ranch to hunt on. Google search the name of the outfitter or his business name to see if there is any feedback on the internet. Go TPWD and read check the season dates and bag limits for the county you are going to hunt in. It is up to you to know the regulations and the outfitter to explain what you can or can not hunt. There are no dumb questions to ask. Most reputable outfitters will ask you as many questions as you ask them. Most will welcome first time or new hunters.

I'll add to that Ms. Sandra. If your son is doing the shooting it is up to him to know the regulations. Encourage him to put the college effort in TPWD's website. Ask away here also. You should get him to join the THF.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Beware of this lease [Re: scalebuster] #8438927 11/04/21 03:16 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T

SANDRA

[Linked Image]

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8438930 11/04/21 03:18 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Could someone explain what tea is?

Sandra, I may of missed it, but I dont remember seeing "tea" referenced. "TWA" was mentioned as an organization that helps get new hunters involved in hunting(and many other things.) It stands for Texas Wildlife Association and you can easily research it. They are actually headquartered in New Braunfels, which you show as where youre from, so I would highly suggest you just drive down there and talk to them. If you dont have a quality conversation with someone down there then send me a private message and Ill talk to them.
Also, remember there are 60000+ members on this forum and most are very good people.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8439153 11/04/21 07:25 PM
E
ErikL Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
duel

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8439285 11/04/21 10:37 PM
S
Sandra W Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
S
Y’all have been really great with the support. When I posted this experience, it was because I don’t want anyone to waste their time or hard earn money and get the experience that we did. Also, Could someone tell me what THF is. I found the TWA website. Lots of good stuff.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8439296 11/04/21 10:46 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
THF is here...Texas Hunting Forum. Understand it's confusing "in the heat of battle." Your son should go talk to the TWA about the adult mentored Hunting program. Private message me, if you need any help. up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8439453 11/05/21 01:18 AM
C
CGB Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
How much did you pay for this hunt? $500 or $1000?

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8443173 11/09/21 02:14 AM
ShadTank Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Uncalled for hope they kick u off for that

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8446007 11/12/21 02:32 AM
W
woods and plainsman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
popcorn

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: scalebuster] #8446649 11/12/21 07:27 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
SANDRA

Sounds like Sandra was not aware of what was in season during that weekend and that there are no meaningful dove numbers at that time, but name-calling like that is totally uncalled for. If you're advocating for a mother to have her son fight a landowner over a poor hunt, you need to look at yourself as a parent if you have kids.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Sandra W] #8446909 11/12/21 11:50 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Sandra

sorry to hear about your hunting experience

If you want to give your son another chance contact me in private (PM )

I can set you up with hog hunt, ducks, deer, bass fishing

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: Slick Head] #8450037 11/16/21 09:35 AM
Texas452 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by Slick Head
I applaud this mother for trying to spend some quality time with her son no matter his age. I find a few comments within this thread to be very disappointing. We should be striving as hunters and conservationist to get more young men and women to enjoy the great outdoors.

I agree with this.
I don’t charge to hunt any of my ranches.
Friends and family hunt dove, turkey, duck, deer , hogs and predators.
I really enjoy talking friends of the grandkids, one got a buck opening weekend.
It’s all about enjoying the experience.
When I was a kid there seemed to be more opportunities, me and my brother would roam for miles on all the neighbors properties without any problems.
My best memories come from being in the deer woods.
I will keep doing this as long as I can.
We need more young people into hunting or our sport is doomed.

Re: Beware of this lease [Re: TPACK] #8450646 11/16/21 10:30 PM
ETexas Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by TPACK

SANDRA

[Linked Image]

Damn, no kidding

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide