Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432191 10/28/21 12:50 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by 603Country
Today I drove our Kubota RTV, then visited some family and drove their CanAm 1000 and Polaris Ranger. I thought the latter two would be quieter than my Kubota. Nope. They were quite loud. I was not impressed at all. Maybe the Honda would be quieter.

Wow
I know my buddy's CanAm HD8 is very quiet.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432195 10/28/21 12:55 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Hudbone
The best side by sides are quiet as all get out. They have four doors, heating, A/C, can get through anything, are easy to drive and can hail lots. They call them Tacomas. Used good ones cost less than new fangled Can-ams, Rangers and Mules.

hahahah
lmao
You are quite right and you can get in a badass older one in great shape for a hell of a lot less than any of the top end SXSs!
All my buddies run them down in Maverick county and they are indeed, quite nice both on 100+ degree days in early bow season, and when it is ice cold.
More quiet than any SXS for sure as well.
You just can't cover as much ground as quickly if it is rough as you can in the SXSs. But, who really cares as long as you haven't run out of adult beverages! grin

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8432218 10/28/21 01:18 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
The best side by sides are quiet as all get out. They have four doors, heating, A/C, can get through anything, are easy to drive and can hail lots. They call them Tacomas. Used good ones cost less than new fangled Can-ams, Rangers and Mules.

hahahah
lmao
You are quite right and you can get in a badass older one in great shape for a hell of a lot less than any of the top end SXSs!
All my buddies run them down in Maverick county and they are indeed, quite nice both on 100+ degree days in early bow season, and when it is ice cold.
You just can't cover as much ground as quickly if it is rough as you can in the SXSs. But, who really cares as long as you haven't run out of adult beverages! grin

My side by side can go places where UTVs wouldn't think about going.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432237 10/28/21 01:38 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

hahahah
lmao

Congrats you can drive down Interstate 10, but not my mule deer lease 🤣

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432245 10/28/21 01:45 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

hahahah
lmao

Bring it to West Texas and we will test it out for 3 weeks on my mule deer hunt/lease. Better bring lots of spare tires, air compressor, plugs, tire snot, lots of cash and have your mechanic on speed dial. Oh and a good trailer with a winch to haul it back home when it is crippled and on it last leg. Only a candy-azz would worry about A/C in the winter. grin

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432246 10/28/21 01:46 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
My side by side hardly ever sees pavement. Maybe once every other year, when I haul it back for servicing. Trust me when I say, you won't be able to always follow me, trust me.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: stxranchman] #8432247 10/28/21 01:48 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by stxranchman

hahahah
lmao

Bring it to West Texas and we will test it out for 3 weeks on my mule deer hunt/lease. Better bring lots of spare tires, air compressor, plugs, tire snot, lots of cash and have your mechanic on speed dial. Oh and a good trailer with a winch to haul it back home when it is crippled and on it last leg. Only a candy-azz would worry about A/C in the winter. grin

Hud, sounds like a challenge to me..................

Or even more like an invite!!!!!!

up

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432258 10/28/21 01:53 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
My side by side hardly ever sees pavement. Maybe once every other year, when I haul it back for servicing. Trust me when I say, you won't be able to always follow me, trust me.

Come on down and bring it West Texas. We can give the proper burial on the ranch after we get the backhoe running. We do not road hunt in West Texas, we make new roads every trip out.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432290 10/28/21 02:13 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
100lbs of dry sausage my mule vs Huds taco

[Linked Image]

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: stxranchman] #8432311 10/28/21 02:41 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Come on down and bring it West Texas. We can give the proper burial on the ranch after we get the backhoe running. We do not road hunt in West Texas, we make new roads every trip out.

Been there with it and done all that. Trailered it out to one of the Dyer ranches. It was only a 73,000 acre place, but the Toyo performed flawlessly as it went everywhere and never got a flat as it was sensibly used wherever I wanted to go.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432314 10/28/21 02:43 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
"100lbs of dry sausage my mule vs Huds taco" - an obvious difference between yourself and myself is I do not desire your sausage bolt

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432336 10/28/21 02:58 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Been there with it and done all that. Trailered it out to one of the Dyer ranches. It was only a 73,000 acre place, but the Toyo performed flawlessly as it went everywhere and never got a flat as it was sensibly used wherever I wanted to go.

Roads are easy enough to navigate out there since I hunted out of my F-250 for 4 yrs. Never an issue with it, it is when you get off the roads...that is where there are no roads....that issues start. No pickup will make it long.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432383 10/28/21 03:38 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Youse guys want to pick the terrain. Lemmee be the chooser and we'll see what happens and who can go where in what..

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432392 10/28/21 03:53 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
"100lbs of dry sausage my mule vs Huds taco" - an obvious difference between yourself and myself is I do not desire your sausage bolt

roflmao well played my friend cheers

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432396 10/28/21 03:59 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Youse guys want to pick the terrain. Lemmee be the chooser and we'll see what happens and who can go where in what..

That jeep Rubicon(in the pic) couldn't follow my mule, while I love the Tacoma, it's a suckers bet. My tires stick out way past my front bumper, so approach angle alone you loose. You are also longer so you high center way Quicker on wash outs

Hindsight I think I just got trolled in to this one!

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432407 10/28/21 04:16 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
High center is the concern and just about the only concern. I have been stuck twice since 2002 and both of them were when ruts got too deep for the lifted Toyo with 32 inch tires. The TRD package came with a locking rear differential. The ARB air locker, when engaged, provides for real, continuous four wheel drive and with no (zero) slip and having 4:10 gears certainly doesn't hurt. The wench on the front is typically for looks, but has come in handy when pulling out Rangers and other 4WD vehicles when they get stuck. The narrow 16 7.50 bias ply mud and snow tires are a tremendous asset. Besides delivering serious off road traction, they will get to where there they can grip and the sidewalls have never left me stranded. This truck can drive over South Texas brush that would scare the bejesus outta bobo and his lil' toy thing.

When I get older, start to lose things like an ol' man would and yearn for West Texas, I too, will likely succumb to the lure of something toyish and be like Bobo and STX. For now, a man's vehicle is what I need.

Last edited by Hudbone; 10/28/21 04:17 PM.
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432440 10/28/21 04:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
High center is the concern and just about the only concern. I have been stuck twice since 2002 and both of them were when ruts got too deep for the lifted Toyo with 32 inch tires. The TRD package came with a locking rear differential. The ARB air locker, when engaged, provides for real, continuous four wheel drive and with no (zero) slip and having 4:10 gears certainly doesn't hurt. The wench on the front is typically for looks, but has come in handy when pulling out Rangers and other 4WD vehicles when they get stuck. The narrow 16 7.50 bias ply mud and snow tires are a tremendous asset. Besides delivering serious off road traction, they will get to where there they can grip and the sidewalls have never left me stranded. This truck can drive over South Texas brush that would scare the bejesus outta bobo and his lil' toy thing.

When I get older, start to lose things like an ol' man would and yearn for West Texas, I too, will likely succumb to the lure of something toyish and be like Bobo and STX. For now, a man's vehicle is what I need.

Money talks BS walks....

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8432453 10/28/21 05:00 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

You thru this out first...our responses were replies to this challenge...so yeah we get to choose what you will or will not be able to navigate. So come on out and bring that truck. Make sure the insurance is up to date....oh wait...we can go to your test plot after we do ours...since there won't be a need for us though.... grin

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432456 10/28/21 05:01 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hudbone…ya got a wench on the front of your vehicle? Is she Ok with that?

As for taking a vehicle into difficult terrain, I’ll have to vote for a Jeep. The wife and I arranged for a jeep tour of country around Zion earlier in the year. I had no idea of where this guy planned to go in that Jeep, but it was way tougher than I would have ever thought. He went places that I didn’t think he could go and where I really didn’t want to go. The Jeep had a roll cage and safety belts. I used the belts and hung on to the roll cage with both hands. Later, I felt like I had been stomped on.

I didn’t know a Jeep could do that. My Kubota can’t do that and neither can your Mule or Tacoma.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432525 10/28/21 06:29 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
All I can say is Hud if you come out to West Texas...please do this first Rice Rocket...not that you will need it but you may...but by all means do this also with your recent history on the F-250 F-250 Super "Fix or Repair Monthly" Duty....since you will have to drive it off the road to retrieve that Rice Rocket from the brush.... it won't be kind or pretty and recent history is proof ain't no vehicle bullet proof..... grin

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432531 10/28/21 06:39 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Don't stoop so low as not to compare the comfortable climate controlled off road efficiency of my Rice Rocket against Bobo's Rice Sled or your cream puff made in Medina product. Btw, at least the roof of my Rice Rocket is painted.

And don't you go jinxing me and the F250. It hasn't been in the shop in like twenty days now.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432537 10/28/21 06:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Is that a vent.......I found three more?

[Linked Image]

Is that a cab?
[Linked Image]

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: 603Country] #8432544 10/28/21 06:54 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I think there was something in that hole. you may have lost it.

Re: Side by side comparison [Re: Hudbone] #8433306 10/29/21 03:00 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I’ll accept that challenge, even if it’s on I-10

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Side by side comparison [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8433309 10/29/21 03:02 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Is that a vent.......I found three more?

[Linked Image]

Is that a cab?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No vents, no windshield, no full cab enclosure. Stop being a nanny

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans