Forums46
Topics539,760
Posts9,753,837
Members87,188
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8376774 09/06/21 09:45 PM
F
fishdfly Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
What is a detail man?

A sales representative of a drug manufacturer who introduces new drugs especially to physicians and pharmacists.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8376782 09/06/21 09:50 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
And they can be sued, and lose, for trying to "practice medicine". One real hack on here that thinks he's Einstein when it comes to medicine. Watch out! He'll ruin you! rofl

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: tenyearsgone] #8376783 09/06/21 09:51 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by tenyearsgone
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Wouldn’t surprise me. I had a run in with a pharmacist, last year. My wife was trying to get a prescription filled for one of our kids. The pharmacist didn’t fill it, and when my wife came back to get it, she grilled her with a bunch of questions that were none of her business. My wife ended up having to call it in to a different pharmacy. I called the pharmacist and let her have it, but I’m sure she’s done it before and since. Apparently, she thinks she’s the authority on which prescriptions should or shouldn’t be filled, regardless of having zero contact with or knowledge of the patient.

They are the authority on which prescriptions should be filled, they're pharmacists after all........

It's comical you whine about them having no knowledge of the patient and then crying because she was trying to find out about the patient. nidea

I'm going to assume you have a chip on your shoulder and the questions were valid.

The only word in your statements that matter is “assume.” That says it all.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8376814 09/06/21 10:22 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Wytex
A pharmacist knows more about the drugs you put in your body than an MD bigbob.

Don't they have a PhD?

No.

They have a Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy).

You can get a Pharm. D., PHD

You can also get a MD, PHD.

You can also walk away from the pharmacy and go to another.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: texasag93] #8376819 09/06/21 10:28 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by texasag93
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Don't they have a PhD?

No.

They have a Pharm. D. (Doctor of Pharmacy).

You can get a Pharm. D., PHD

You can also get a MD, PHD.

You can also walk away from the pharmacy and go to another.

Thank you.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: Creekrunner] #8376820 09/06/21 10:28 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
And they can be sued, and lose, for trying to "practice medicine". One real hack on here that thinks he's Einstein when it comes to medicine. Watch out! He'll ruin you! rofl

House Bill 2561 from 2016 (I think that was the year) changed the Texas Pharmacy Act to say that a Texas pharmacist can refuse to fill any prescription for any reason. If I remember correctly they don't even need to give a reason. Nobody would win a lawsuit over this in Texas when the State Legislature gave the pharmacist the authority to do it.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: Sneaky] #8377014 09/07/21 01:18 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tenyearsgone
Wouldn’t surprise me. I had a run in with a pharmacist, last year. My wife was trying to get a prescription filled for one of our kids. The pharmacist didn’t fill it, and when my wife came back to get it, she grilled her with a bunch of questions that were none of her business. My wife ended up having to call it in to a different pharmacy. I called the pharmacist and let her have it, but I’m sure she’s done it before and since. Apparently, she thinks she’s the authority on which prescriptions should or shouldn’t be filled, regardless of having zero contact with or knowledge of the patient.

They are the authority on which prescriptions should be filled, they're pharmacists after all........

It's comical you whine about them having no knowledge of the patient and then crying because she was trying to find out about the patient. nidea

I'm going to assume you have a chip on your shoulder and the questions were valid.

The only word in your statements that matter is “assume.” That says it all.

Yeah, you’re not making any sense……

Nothing I said was incorrect……

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377037 09/07/21 01:41 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
The second pharmacist agreed that the first was out of line, for what it’s worth.

And you were incorrect. She wasn’t trying to find out about the patient. I never said what her questions were.

But keep assuming, if you’d like.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377206 09/07/21 03:57 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Why are you so angry? There’s nothing wrong with assuming due to a lack of information. Stop acting like you caught me in a “gotcha” moment. You’ve obviously never heard of the concept of Occam’s Razor. You never said what the questions are simply because you want to be an [censored] if someone doesn’t “guess” correctly what they are. I kind of feel bad that you go through life so confrontational. Why are so scared of posting what questions were asked? Are you scared someone may point out their validity? The pharmacist may very well have been out of line, but so were you.

The logical assumption based on a pharmacist’s responsibility, knowledge that pharmacies have unique policies/procedures, the fact that your kid isn’t more important than any other to them, and your obviously hostile approach to everyone is that the pharmacist wasn’t out of line. They provide counseling to screen for barriers to medication adherence and possible reaction causing factors the doc may have not picked up on.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377220 09/07/21 04:25 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
How have I shown any anger or hostility towards you?

Again, you make more assumptions. I have simply pointed that out. Now you’ve resorted to name calling. Who’s being hostile, here?

That isn’t what the pharmacist did. You never asked, so I never said. You just jumped to your own conclusions. I won’t say, either, since I don’t care to go into those details.

This conversation is going nowhere, and I’m tired. Have a nice evening.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377323 09/07/21 11:59 AM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Again, nothing I said is false. Quit acting like making an assumption is some egregious act. Reference Occam’s razor again. My assumption is based on facts including sometimes they do ask questions that kind of probe, but they do it for a reason. You haven’t inspired confidence in knowing about the profession with your “they think they’re the final authority on prescriptions” when it’s their job to be. I’m also not name calling. I’m describing your behavior.

I frankly don’t care at this point, but you need to understand the other side of the situation where there may have been a valid reason for the questions. It depends on the policies created by their risk manager. I’m at least open to the possibility of the pharmacist being right or wrong. If they were so wrong you can report it and should.

You keep going on about assuming, but you assumed the pharmacist was wrong without trying to understand why the questions were asked.

Last edited by tenyearsgone; 09/07/21 12:23 PM.
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377796 09/07/21 06:47 PM
M
MO Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
With out naming names , some of the pharmacy chains have made it policy not to fill ivermectin for covid.

I don't know why. Physicians prescribe med for " off label " use every day.

MO RPH

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377797 09/07/21 06:48 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
They don't want to cross big pharma...

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377803 09/07/21 06:58 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
They just dont want the word to get out that its the cure for everything from toenail fungus and bad breath to cancer and HIV.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8377986 09/07/21 10:02 PM
E
EdRoth Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
But I bet you support the right of a baker that refuses to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: EdRoth] #8377995 09/07/21 10:12 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by EdRoth
But I bet you support the right of a baker that refuses to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.

To be clear, they offered to make the cake, just not decorate it. That part was important.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: redchevy] #8378000 09/07/21 10:22 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by redchevy
They just dont want the word to get out that its the cure for everything from toenail fungus and bad breath to cancer and HIV.

if they can keep the charade alive long enough the scamdemic will be more profitable and increase depopulation more greater than any of their wargames in history. If they cant keep the charade alive most will find out its likely a a cure for the flu for one.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: EdRoth] #8378110 09/08/21 12:08 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I’m just guessing here, liberal voter? If not, you sure sound like one.

🍻
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #8378145 09/08/21 12:51 AM
E
EdRoth Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted by Thundervee

I've never voted anything but Republican in my life, just merely pointing out the bias. Each business, being private, have every right to choose who they service, I support that.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: EdRoth] #8378199 09/08/21 01:40 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Thundervee

I've never voted anything but Republican in my life, just merely pointing out the bias. Each business, being private, have every right to choose who they service, I support that.

There is a major difference in changing to a generic version or watching for possible bad and deadly drug combo’s.

If someone die’s from non treatment of Covid because a pharmacist refused to fill the treatment, they should be not only held in civil court, but also for 2nd degree murder if that patient dies.

As for any Hospital Administrator that also bars treatment of their employee doctors, they too should suffer both courts.

There is virtually no down side to prescriptions of ivermectin.

Fact that doctors and families are having to get court orders for treatments, is ABSOLUTE BS.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8378205 09/08/21 01:44 AM
E
EdRoth Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E

I would disagree.

Then you would be wrong. Pharmacists sole job is to know drugs. The docs that prescribe them only know what is told will give them be biggest incentive from the pharma reps. There is a reason once a drug reaches it's term of exclusivity and generics are now available that a "new" miracle drug is released.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: redchevy] #8378206 09/08/21 01:45 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by redchevy

It’s all funny until it isn’t. Remember how hydroxychoroquine was going to kill everyone…ironically it’s used in conjunction with several different cancer drug trials…..

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/intervention/hydroxychloroquine

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8378212 09/08/21 01:51 AM
E
EdRoth Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

There is a major difference in changing to a generic version or watching for possible bad and deadly drug combo’s.

If someone die’s from non treatment of Covid because a pharmacist refused to fill the treatment, they should be not only held in civil court, but also for 2nd degree murder if that patient dies.

As for any Hospital Administrator that also bars treatment of their employee doctors, they too should suffer both courts.

Fact that doctors and families are having to get court orders for treatments, is ABSOLUTE BS.

If there was only a single pharmacy that refused to fill a drug on their approved list which in turn could be found that being denied this drug was the causation of said patients death, then yes, 100% they should be held liable. That is unfortunately a complete 180* turn from this situation.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: EdRoth] #8378217 09/08/21 01:56 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

If there was only a single pharmacy that refused to fill a drug on their approved list which in turn could be found that being denied this drug was the causation of said patients death, then yes, 100% they should be held liable. That is unfortunately a complete 180* turn from this situation.

Is it? Or is it just a precursor to $1.2 billion worth of Molnupiravir with a substantially higher mark up

It’s the exact same thing here.

Re: Pharmacist Refusing to fill Ivermectin Prescriptions for Covid [Re: txmudder] #8378243 09/08/21 02:27 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No pharma company wants a cheap, readily available, non-patented drug to become an acceptable treatment.

To be determined
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide