Forums46
Topics538,081
Posts9,732,744
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8314210 07/07/21 12:36 AM
B
batman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I have some interest, but need more details.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: batman] #8314219 07/07/21 12:41 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by batman
I have some interest, but need more details.

as he said send a PM and you will get details

You can't fix stupid
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: Biscuit] #8314221 07/07/21 12:43 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Biscuit
For that much money I’d pay a high fence I think. Make sure I get the big one

Nothing wrong with that - pay for HF and you get your buck and it is all done. LF and you may have to hunt hard for a few years to get your buck and pay a little more - everybody has different goals

You can't fix stupid
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8314224 07/07/21 12:46 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
If I pay 10k I’d rather have lots of country to roam, feeders and spot and stalk. Not nearly as worried about the size of the deer compared to the land I get to treat as my own for much less than what it would cost to buy my own.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8314295 07/07/21 02:10 AM
F
freerange Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im happy that so many of you have had optimistic comments and I appreciate you taking the time to post. I certainly understand the vast majority doesnt want to pay that much to hunt. A high dollar endeavor of any kind will usually only appeal to a few and I would never expect it to appeal to many. Even if I add country, I have no intention of having a large number of hunters. However, I will always be very selective about who I hunt with so I need enough interest to sort through in order to find the right fit.
Also, be clear about my description and notice I used terms like "legitimate chance", "some sustainable regularity" and " somewhat regular basis". If anyone "expects" to kill a 160 to 200" buck EVERY YEAR then to pm me for details likely wouldnt be worth it.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8314364 07/07/21 04:18 AM
J
JGL Hunting Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Yea -- I'd probably even go higher depending on a wildlife survey and what sort of animals you have on the property + depending on the property. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone to pay that price.

Come hunting with us! Click the link below to learn more!
JGL Hunting
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8314400 07/07/21 09:58 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
It costs me that much to hunt Africa. But, I doubt that I would pay that much for Texas.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315444 07/08/21 01:35 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Like others have said $10,000 to some is like $1 to others. I know people who spend more than $10,000 a month on Jet fuel for personal trips to see their kids play sports in college. Just a matter of finding the right people. They’re out there.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: Txhunter65] #8315509 07/08/21 02:40 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Txhunter65
Like others have said $10,000 to some is like $1 to others. I know people who spend more than $10,000 a month on Jet fuel for personal trips to see their kids play sports in college. Just a matter of finding the right people. They’re out there.

Txhunter65, thats how I feel and Im glad to keep hearing it. Especially your last two sentences, "JUST A MATTER OF FINDING THE RIGHT PEOPLE. THEY'RE OUT THERE."
I know its not the "norm", but I know there are a lot of guys that pay that much and a lot more to hunt WT. I need to find enough of them to sort through to find the right fit. The small, less than a handful, group we have out there is not filthy rich but we are passionate about hunting huge WTs enough to spend most of our "extra" money doing that. What I do not want is one guy that wipes his butt with 100 bills while another member goes behind him and cleans it up to make his lease payment with. My OTHER lease im used to managing 18 hunters from all walks of life and varied income levels and its not easy. This lease is so special that I will diligently hand pick the few lease mates so that its a joy and not a challenge to coordinate.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315581 07/08/21 04:20 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by freerange

Txhunter65, thats how I feel and Im glad to keep hearing it. Especially your last two sentences, "JUST A MATTER OF FINDING THE RIGHT PEOPLE. THEY'RE OUT THERE."
I know its not the "norm", but I know there are a lot of guys that pay that much and a lot more to hunt WT. I need to find enough of them to sort through to find the right fit. The small, less than a handful, group we have out there is not filthy rich but we are passionate about hunting huge WTs enough to spend most of our "extra" money doing that. What I do not want is one guy that wipes his butt with 100 bills while another member goes behind him and cleans it up to make his lease payment with. My OTHER lease im used to managing 18 hunters from all walks of life and varied income levels and its not easy. This lease is so special that I will diligently hand pick the few lease mates so that its a joy and not a challenge to coordinate.

I wouldn’t even want to try managing 18 hunters….. 7 is more than I can handle now.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315607 07/08/21 04:49 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
How many spots?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: Txhunter65] #8315652 07/08/21 05:35 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by freerange

I wouldn’t even want to try managing 18 hunters….. 7 is more than I can handle now.

The 18 member lease is a labor of love. It can be time consuming and challenging but I get satisfaction from managing the people and wildlife. The new lease I’m not needing to get that out of it. Once the smoke clears after a couple years, I don’t think I ever want more than 5 or 6 total guys and likely just 4 of us will be enough.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315662 07/08/21 05:45 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Maybe a certain Sand Aggie will hunt with you then.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315695 07/08/21 06:20 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The money is not going to be an issue and you will find the right group of guys.

Your overthinking it. Build it and they will come

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: Hudbone] #8315726 07/08/21 06:44 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Maybe a certain Sand Aggie will hunt with you then.

The landowner is a huge Sand Aggie alum and supporter. Besides him, the only serious Trophy hunting Sand Aggie I know expressed another reason for probable no interest.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: txtrophy85] #8315734 07/08/21 06:50 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
The money is not going to be an issue and you will find the right group of guys.

Your overthinking it. Build it and they will come

Great comments Txtro. My motto all my life has been “build it and they will come.” Bite off more than you can chew so you never go hungry. As I’ve gotten older, I still love all the work, as long as the stress is less.

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315777 07/08/21 07:55 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
You won't have a problem.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315793 07/08/21 08:10 PM
R
Russ79 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
My problem would be that a $10,000 lease turns into a $20,000 problem. I can hear the wife now...."You want to spend how much to chase a deer??! That's fine- so if we have that kind of money to blow then I want a new sofa, new bedroom suit, a new kitchen...." You get my point. hammer

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315814 07/08/21 08:27 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
It sounds like a great terrain ranch with great genetics that hasn't been hunted until recently........as stxranchman pointed out.......this will be short lived for year to year consistency.......for that kind of money the hunters all kill the top end bucks.....when they're gone you will see a tremendous drop off with a domination of mature 8 and 9 point bucks and that's when it all falls apart for that price IMO......I wouldn't put any equipment out there for the long term......but you can certainly enjoy the first few years.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8315819 07/08/21 08:31 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
It sounds like a great terrain ranch with great genetics that hasn't been hunted until recently........as stxranchman pointed out.......this will be short lived for year to year consistency.......for that kind of money the hunters all kill the top end bucks.....when they're gone you will see a tremendous drop off with a domination of mature 8 and 9 point bucks and that's when it all falls apart for that price IMO......I wouldn't put any equipment out there for the long term......but you can certainly enjoy the first few years.....

I strongly disagree.

If managed right and the correct deer are taken each year it will sustain itself and probably even get BETTER if a few inferiors are culled out along the way.
What you are talking about is when a place is hunted too hard on the mature animals and that only happens when you shoot the wrong deer and have to few of acres per man. I seriously doubt that would happen wiht the gentleman that is in charge of it.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8315822 07/08/21 08:33 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I strongly disagree.

If managed right and the correct deer are taken each year it will sustain itself and probably even get BETTER if a few inferiors are culled out along the way.
What you are talking about is when a place is hunted too hard on the mature animals and that only happens when you shoot the wrong deer and have to few of acres per man. I seriously doubt that would happen wiht the gentleman that is in charge of it.

That kind of management doesn't currently exist in Oklahoma.......the regs and season lengths make it very difficult to cull and manage......and NO, that's not what I'm talking about.....I'm talking about shooting all the top end mature animals because there is never an endless supply of them on low fenced non-intensely managed ranches......just ask tlk about how many bucks they have to cull each year on a similar type of setup in South Texas....

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 07/08/21 08:39 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315852 07/08/21 09:07 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
WTH is a Sand Aggie?

Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: 68rustbucket] #8315865 07/08/21 09:21 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
WTH is a Sand Aggie?

We've decided to consider him quaint and charming, us in the southern faction, of which, you're part of. You need to get on board with this.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: freerange] #8315869 07/08/21 09:24 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I strongly disagree.

That kind of management doesn't currently exist in Oklahoma.......the regs and season lengths make it very difficult to cull and manage......and NO, that's not what I'm talking about.....I'm talking about shooting all the top end mature animals because there is never an endless supply of them on low fenced non-intensely managed ranches......just ask tlk about how many bucks they have to cull each year on a similar type of setup in South Texas....

This happens far to often on places that have limited hunting pressure in the past. The number of top end mature buck are there due to limited to zero hunting pressure. I have seen a new lease on places likes this and then only bucks are taken off of it. No does taken off it and after a few years the ratio gets skewed from what it was. Taking off only mature top end bucks leaves the ones passed over to continue to breed. Those mature bucks were passed for a reason. Only taking top end bucks long-term can hurt a place that had no hunting pressure in the past IMO. Then throw in length of seasons and it makes sustaining the top end much more difficult. I saw this first hand on a very large South Texas ranch with great genetics that had limited hunting up until the early 80's. In 1992 they produced numbers of net book bucks with many many more grossing over 170. The hunters there wanted to kill a 160+ deer each year and after 92 season they started shooting younger age classes to fill that 160+ tag. By the late 1990's it was rare to see a 160 deer taken on this ranch and that was only very wet years. Very few does were even taken off the ranch. The ranch was now full of very mature 8 pt type deer and tons of low end mature bucks with 6 to 12 point frames that would not score over 130" at any age. The doe herd was old and had the same genetics as the bucks. They top graded the herd to where it took years of management to recover.
If it were me and I was on a current lease that could produce 140 to 160 class bucks with 18 hunters now, I would cut that number of hunters in half.... and pay more per spot. With the same current harvest quotas on bucks(18 to 20), each hunter/spot would get to shoot 2 bucks(one trophy and 1 management) and does to keep the numbers in CC. I would put my money and emphasis on the current lease in Texas. With Texas you get longer seasons and better management tools(i.e. MLD) available to produce top end bucks. My current lease would be setup and running now. Not many ranches that are large enough to support that number of hunters and produce that caliber of deer are void of genetics to produce 160+ deer consistently. A lease that size, in that part of state should be producing a few 160+ deer every year. The genetics are in the herd now to do it. IMO most places fail to produce those deer year in and year out due to putting to many hunters on it to start. It shines in very wet years when it should be consistent even in dry years and then really shine in the above average rainfall years.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: SUPER TROPHY LEASE.....Gauging Interest [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8315910 07/08/21 10:07 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
The area is one of the best in the country. With that said, the people part is the hard part. Not many people can pass on 4.5 160/170 gross deer to let it hit 200.

Personally the higher the price, better off you are IMO.

We moving? grin

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide