Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
October Gulf Coast fishing #8309378 07/01/21 12:29 AM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
My better half wants to go to the Texas coast for a week in late October to fish. By fish like fish every day we are there.Galveston is not an option on this one as we both have been and did not like anything about it. It was actually the nastiest Texas beach we had been.

So..........well we like SPI and CC. I also hear Port Aransas is good for fishing. We will be doing the pier and harbor, park type fishing. We are not doing the guided stuff as we have in the past and not doing the party boats for 2 red snapper. Looking more at sitting and watching and hoping we get a bite.

Gimme some ideas

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309380 07/01/21 12:31 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Oxner will be here shortly. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: dogcatcher] #8309382 07/01/21 12:32 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Yep. Depends on the weather.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: bill oxner] #8309387 07/01/21 12:38 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Yep. Depends on the weather.

Good luck watch out for tar balls.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309399 07/01/21 12:50 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Red Snapper season in Federal waters ends August 3'rd (2 fish limit), but you can catch a 4 fish limit in State waters year round...if yall are interested in snapper fishing.

For inshore pier fishing, there are some good fish to be caught that time of year. Bull reds are making their annual run to the Gulf in October, are a lot of fun to catch, and easily caught from many piers and a few other locations from land (sitting and watching type fishing). If you guys decide on the Port Aransas/Aransas Pass/Rockport/ or CC areas, shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help with tips and advice on locations/rigging/bait etc. I have lots of experience fishing these areas. Just FYI - in Port Aransas some of my favorite piers were claimed by Hurricane Harvey and have still not been rebuilt, but there are other places to go.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309406 07/01/21 01:00 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
You need to rethink a guided trip in late October, the fish (tuna,etc.. are much closer in and the fishing is awesome. On the low cost end, it's hard to beat Dolphin Docks.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: Paluxy] #8309413 07/01/21 01:06 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Paluxy
You need to rethink a guided trip in late October, the fish (tuna,etc.. are much closer in and the fishing is awesome. On the low cost end, it's hard to beat Dolphin Docks.

Deep Sea Headquarters all the way buddy! grin

I worked as a deck hand for 4 years out of Deep Sea Headquarters on all 3 head boats and a bunch of smaller/private charter boats docked at DSH, so I'm kinda biased I guess LOL. I've fished on the barf cats out of Dolphin Docks too. grin

Yes, some solid tuna fishing that time of year if they wanna go offshore.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309415 07/01/21 01:09 AM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
If you have never been to Rockport that would be my suggestion.

[Linked Image]
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309416 07/01/21 01:15 AM
M
Michael W. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Port Aransas is usually my choice. Was just down there Sun. Mon. and Tues. Fish the jetties, the surf, several piers in the area. Numerous places to wade fish .

A clear conscience is often the sign of a fuzzy memory.
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: skinnerback] #8309422 07/01/21 01:22 AM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Paluxy

Deep Sea Headquarters all the way buddy! grin

I worked as a deck hand for 4 years out of Deep Sea Headquarters on all 3 head boats and a bunch of smaller/private charter boats docked at DSH, so I'm kinda biased I guess LOL. I've fished on the barf cats out of Dolphin Docks too. grin

Yes, some solid tuna fishing that time of year if they wanna go offshore.

Haha, will have to try them out! Looking at trip in late October myself

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: Paluxy] #8309425 07/01/21 01:27 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
C'MON!!

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309438 07/01/21 01:45 AM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Port O’Connor. Big pier, small clean beach, and great jetty fishing, but it takes a boat to get to them.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309531 07/01/21 03:27 AM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Me and mama just went to Mom & Pop's in Lamar right outside of Rockport. I had a blast on their lighted pier that is in the Compano bay with trout, flounder and redfish with the occasional stingray, gar or gaftops. The gar there will give you a fight and a half. Great cabins or rv slots. You can also take your Kayaks or Waders and wade out and do pretty good. Ready to go back again already.

Last edited by SouthWestIron; 07/01/21 03:31 AM.
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: SouthWestIron] #8309562 07/01/21 04:41 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by SouthWestIron
Me and mama just went to Mom & Pop's in Lamar right outside of Rockport. I had a blast on their lighted pier that is in the Compano bay with trout, flounder and redfish with the occasional stingray, gar or gaftops. The gar there will give you a fight and a half. Great cabins or rv slots. You can also take your Kayaks or Waders and wade out and do pretty good. Ready to go back again already.

Next time give me a holler. Would be cool to meet you.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: wp75169] #8309600 07/01/21 11:32 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by wp75169
Port O’Connor. Big pier, small clean beach, and great jetty fishing, but it takes a boat to get to them.

Loved the jetties at POC.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8309611 07/01/21 11:46 AM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by 7mag
My better half wants to go to the Texas coast for a week in late October to fish. By fish like fish every day we are there.Galveston is not an option on this one as we both have been and did not like anything about it. It was actually the nastiest Texas beach we had been.

So..........well we like SPI and CC. I also hear Port Aransas is good for fishing. We will be doing the pier and harbor, park type fishing. We are not doing the guided stuff as we have in the past and not doing the party boats for 2 red snapper. Looking more at sitting and watching and hoping we get a bite.

Gimme some ideas

There are some good spots around Corpus on the Island. Plenty of different areas you can catch fish from the shore, beach, and piers.
Just driving from Flour Bluff across the causeway you will see quite a few folks along the shoreline next to the bridge on the south side of it fishing every day. Many will wade out a couple hundred yards as well.
You can also fish the packery channel jettie or go north up to Port A and fish that Jettie as well.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: skinnerback] #8309658 07/01/21 12:44 PM
K
Kevin_M Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Red Snapper season in Federal waters ends August 3'rd (2 fish limit), but you can catch a 4 fish limit in State waters year round...if yall are interested in snapper fishing.

For inshore pier fishing, there are some good fish to be caught that time of year. Bull reds are making their annual run to the Gulf in October, are a lot of fun to catch, and easily caught from many piers and a few other locations from land (sitting and watching type fishing). If you guys decide on the Port Aransas/Aransas Pass/Rockport/ or CC areas, shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help with tips and advice on locations/rigging/bait etc. I have lots of experience fishing these areas. Just FYI - in Port Aransas some of my favorite piers were claimed by Hurricane Harvey and have still not been rebuilt, but there are other places to go.

True story.The wife and I go down to Rockport almost every October and fishing is on point. (Usually stay in Copano Village) LOTS of trout and usually some good reds. Weather is more times than not cooperative too.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8309663 07/01/21 12:51 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Gimme some ideas

There are some good spots around Corpus on the Island. Plenty of different areas you can catch fish from the shore, beach, and piers.
Just driving from Flour Bluff across the causeway you will see quite a few folks along the shoreline next to the bridge on the south side of it fishing every day. Many will wade out a couple hundred yards as well.
You can also fish the packery channel jettie or go north up to Port A and fish that Jettie as well.

If you do the Jetties thing the Packery channel is my favorite spot, Port A jetties will eat a lot of your gear, especially if the current is flowing. You can also fish the surf and kick back too. Let me know where you go, and I'll tell you the spots I hit. I fish from goose Island area to Padre Island National seashores.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: bill oxner] #8309731 07/01/21 01:56 PM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Pics, we need pics.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: Kevin_M] #8310183 07/01/21 11:34 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Kevin_M

True story.The wife and I go down to Rockport almost every October and fishing is on point. (Usually stay in Copano Village) LOTS of trout and usually some good reds. Weather is more times than not cooperative too.

Where do you stay at Copano Village? Thank you all by your advise I may be burning up your cell phones come October!!!!

We are looking at The Light House Inn as well as Pelican Bay Resort. Anyone???

[Linked Image]
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: S.A. hunter] #8310185 07/01/21 11:37 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Gimme some ideas

If you do the Jetties thing the Packery channel is my favorite spot, Port A jetties will eat a lot of your gear, especially if the current is flowing. You can also fish the surf and kick back too. Let me know where you go, and I'll tell you the spots I hit. I fish from goose Island area to Padre Island National seashores.

Did some research after a few of you suggested the Packery Channel. Looks really nice and pretty easy access at most the jettie.

[Linked Image]
Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: glens] #8310186 07/01/21 11:37 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by glens

Pics, we need pics.

Glad you asked.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8310208 07/01/21 11:57 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Gimme some ideas

Did some research after a few of you suggested the Packery Channel. Looks really nice and pretty easy access at most the jettie.

Yes easy access at Packery. Humble Channel gets hot too sometimes, there’s a pier on the channel that you can fish as well.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: Kevin_M] #8310213 07/02/21 12:01 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Kevin_M

Cool. I live 10 minites from Copano Village.

Re: October Gulf Coast fishing [Re: 7mag] #8310224 07/02/21 12:09 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Lucky you. cheers

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide