Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295692 06/15/21 10:22 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Not because tlk quoted me but tlk is very wise on this type stuff. Like him or not(most do), he is very smart and very experienced. Anyone that cares about this topic should read and reread each and every word he typed.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295699 06/15/21 10:33 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Well, everybody is typing at once. I wont go against STX so Ill just say that I had no idea that country needed that many deer killed. My BIL owns 640 ac outa Sonora and they THINK they are managing it and they dont come remotely close to killing that many. Once again, I trust STx more than my BIL. Whats the deer density in that county?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Going rate? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8295700 06/15/21 10:36 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
So your saying just because you wouldn’t pay it nobody would? From a LO perspective that’s pretty idiotic thinking, it’s all about the Benjamin’s and theirs an a$$ for every seat I assure you. If I were to lease any of ours it would 100% be all about the money, sounds crappy but at the end of the day money and not friendships pay the electric bills..

You're right, I'm a complete idiot. 'Have no idea how I ended up in this situation.

stx - Alright, alright you square head, I'll charge them somthin' for electricity. grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295702 06/15/21 10:39 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
So your saying just because you wouldn’t pay it nobody would? From a LO perspective that’s pretty idiotic thinking, it’s all about the Benjamin’s and theirs an a$$ for every seat I assure you. If I were to lease any of ours it would 100% be all about the money, sounds crappy but at the end of the day money and not friendships pay the electric bills..

You're right, I'm a complete idiot. 'Have no idea how I ended up in this situation.

stx - Alright, alright you square head, I'll charge them somthin' for electricity. grin

I didn’t say you were an idiot, simply meant that’s crazy talk thinking no one will pay it. With as many people looking for a lease right now that almost sounds cheap.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Ol Thumper] #8295705 06/15/21 10:41 PM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

I didn’t say you were an idiot, simply meant that’s crazy talk thinking no one will pay it. With as many people looking for a lease right now that almost sounds cheap.

up If it happens, I'm calling you first.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Going rate? [Re: freerange] #8295708 06/15/21 10:45 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by freerange
Well, everybody is typing at once. I wont go against STX so Ill just say that I had no idea that country needed that many deer killed. My BIL owns 640 ac outa Sonora and they THINK they are managing it and they dont come remotely close to killing that many. Once again, I trust STx more than my BIL. Whats the deer density in that county?

I just went into the NW part of Kimble County and drew boundaries of random area of normal habitat that totaled 1052 acres under the Harvest MLD tag estimator...it kicked out 5 buck tags, 3 unbranched and 20 does...28 deer total. The estimator is usually not generous with tags but if the LO does not want MLD and the lease hunters are wanting to manage the lease they will need to remove at least 28 deer per year to manage it. It would take 5 to 6 lease spots to get close or that amount of deer off each year. Different areas of the county are taken into consideration on the tag estimator app., so that area in Sutton county may get less tags due to few deer.
Moved to an area that split Sutton/Kimble in the NW corner and it kicked out almost the number of tags..1 less buck and 1 less doe on the same acreage.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295745 06/15/21 11:47 PM
F
Fltmedic Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
You would be surprised at how many deer are in the area and how much a good hill country ranch can lease for. I’ve only hunted in the hill country and I can tell you the prices have gone up over the last few years. If you have access to water and electricity and have exotics you can expect to pay more.

Don't take life so seriously, you'll never make it out alive!
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295784 06/16/21 12:19 AM
J
jakebunch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Everyone has an opinion on everything, some more informed than others. If I am that LO, I am going with STX.

Re: Going rate? [Re: freerange] #8295814 06/16/21 12:47 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange
Not because tlk quoted me but tlk is very wise on this type stuff. Like him or not(most do), he is very smart and very experienced. Anyone that cares about this topic should read and reread each and every word he typed.

yeah what do I know? LOL - as I tried to express - it is all relative -

there is no right answer - so many factors to consider - had a guy tell me years ago - "the secret is??? There is NO SECRET"

Deer leases are a moving target - try to find one that fits your goals and move forward - I am out

You can't fix stupid
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295907 06/16/21 02:15 AM
B
booskay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Two of my friends have been on leases where advanced notice was required to go to the lease -------- both leases were being day leased on the days they were not there.

Re: Going rate? [Re: booskay] #8295913 06/16/21 02:19 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by booskay
Two of my friends have been on leases where advanced notice was required to go to the lease -------- both leases were being day leased on the days they were not there.

Yep, "stuff" happens, but its pretty much spread out all over all walks of life. Nothing exclusive to here in the world of hunting.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295923 06/16/21 02:25 AM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Just a simple phone call to let the LO know you're coming. It's his property, after all. No plans to day lease, ever. I can't stand it. But if it's too restrictive for you, I'd look elsewhere.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8295944 06/16/21 02:40 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Just a simple phone call to let the LO know you're coming. It's his property, after all. No plans to day lease, ever. I can't stand it. But if it's too restrictive for you, I'd look elsewhere.

Ive always called my LO to tell them whos coming. A 30 second text, a non issue for me. If you cant trust your LO not to day lease behind your back then you definitely have bigger problems than a 30 second text. Thats not directed at booskay, just how I feel about anyone that has a trust issue with landowners or anyone they are involved with in a hunting situation.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8296259 06/16/21 02:08 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
sounds like a lot of potential and a typically a pretty good area to hunt. I would think that area could support 5-6 hunters, possibly another one or two that were truly management minded and willing to NOT take a trophy every year. I would also think that $10-20 per acre, possibly more, would be in line depending on facilities (camp area, electric, water, house/cabin, roads, access, etc.) and how the deer numbers are.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8296445 06/16/21 05:18 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Freerange, 4 hunters 2500. each resulting in less turnover of hunters. One trophy and two cull bucks with three does for each hunter, all axis they wish to have. Hunters pay all electricity. Ideally electric account would be in one hunters name and they are responsible.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Wilhunt] #8296462 06/16/21 05:44 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Freerange, 4 hunters 2500. each resulting in less turnover of hunters. One trophy and two cull bucks with three does for each hunter, all axis they wish to have. Hunters pay all electricity. Ideally electric account would be in one hunters name and they are responsible.

Did you mean to direct that at Creekrunner? If it was intended for me then I assume you are emphasizing why you think 4 at 2500 is a good idea, since I said I didnt think so. If so, I understand that guys paying less money may be happier so less turnover...?? Is that your point? As tlk says, it all depends on so many things and what is a lot of money to one is not a lot of money to another. It would be real easy, imo, to keep 3 guys at 3300 happy on a place like that. Of course the bigger issue would be if $10 an acre is more realistic or if $20 an acre is. I had no idea a place without any extra amenities would bring that much money in that country, but i stress that I dont claim to know.
As far killing one Trophy and two culls, I have already stated that I didnt think that country needed that many bucks killed, but I admitted to not knowing the country that well.

Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8296475 06/16/21 05:54 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
It was directed for example at your original post. Using some of your examples. up

Re: Going rate? [Re: Creekrunner] #8303800 06/24/21 09:55 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
deer2

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide