Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 40 hours a week [Re: S.A. hunter] #8247866 04/25/21 02:59 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
What has America come to? Never thought I would see the day that over achieving is frowned upon.....

That's not the point he is making....the point is that if you are sacrificing the truly important things (precious time with family) to get ahead and stack extra cash, you may look back one day and wish you had taken a little extra time to slow down down and enjoy some of the fruits of your labor when it really mattered.

It all depends on the season of life you are in....that's the point I was trying to make in my first post. BigPig has one kid that's a toddler....he should be busting it now because in a few years he may not want to. I know I don't want to work as hard as I used to because I value the time with my family more than money at this stage of my life and career. But, I wouldn't be in the position to enjoy it if I hadn't done what he is doing in my 20's and 30's. It takes a balance...and don't get lost in the grind where you miss out on the best years of your life.

Re: 40 hours a week [Re: DocHorton] #8247876 04/25/21 03:19 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
What has America come to? Never thought I would see the day that over achieving is frowned upon.....

That's not the point he is making....the point is that if you are sacrificing the truly important things (precious time with family) to get ahead and stack extra cash, you may look back one day and wish you had taken a little extra time to slow down down and enjoy some of the fruits of your labor when it really mattered.

It all depends on the season of life you are in....that's the point I was trying to make in my first post. BigPig has one kid that's a toddler....he should be busting it now because in a few years he may not want to. I know I don't want to work as hard as I used to because I value the time with my family more than money at this stage of my life and career. But, I wouldn't be in the position to enjoy it if I hadn't done what he is doing in my 20's and 30's. It takes a balance...and don't get lost in the grind where you miss out on the best years of your life.

Your dream isn't his. He's a man and he can decide how he wants to live it, and what sacrifices he wants to make.

Hell, I'm in the middle on this. I could work 70hrs a week if I want, but I dont like working so I work 55hrs a week. I would never work 40 hrs even though I could because I want to retire early, and I have some goals I'd like to reach.

I wish my wife would slow down, but she is what they call a workaholic. That is who she is, thats what she loves, that is how she is wired. As crazy as that sounds 85-90 hours a week makes her happy. Thats just how some are made.

Re: 40 hours a week [Re: BigPig] #8247956 04/25/21 11:43 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Got to office yesterday at about five. Left at 6:30 to go look at a place just outside of Johnson City off Flat Rock and about an hour and twenty minutes away. Met some real people on a very nice mountaintop with expansive views. I will end up helping them. Left there and headed to Blanco to check on some things. Picked up on something I did not realize which will end up helping someone. Headed back down Kendalia Road to try & hook up hook up with some ol' friends and strange enough, karma befriended me. Headed back through Sattler Road towards Spring Branch to look at some things. Got home just after lunch time and the two year old named after my daddy was there. Played with Will, shared a nap and then gots ready to head out to friends for dinner.

Waited till almost 6 this AM just hoping Wifeypoo would awaken. Headed to office and am anticipating when the company's computer system is available so I can get some things out. Tomorrow is Monday and I will attack it with vengeance.

I appreciate that somes don't want to engage in this type of lifestyle and who make broad hints that people akin to me just don't get it. Whatever. Do what you want. it's not like I have to work. I find pride in accomplishment as helping others truly benefits me. From what I see there are far more able bodied men who do not share their benefit with and for others that should be questioned and not those who persevere in their attempts to create rain.

Last edited by Hudbone; 04/25/21 11:45 AM.
Re: 40 hours a week [Re: bill oxner] #8247999 04/25/21 01:11 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
My wife doesn't have employment so she can be at home for several reasons, four of them are our kids. That's another "concession" we made. I will have to work until I die. I guess that's fine.

My wife stayed home for a few years until my daughter started in kindergarten.

[Linked Image]

Good looking couple

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide