Forums46
Topics538,931
Posts9,743,062
Members87,125
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236817 04/15/21 03:09 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
TLK I’m sorry to hear about your troubles, and I can empathize with you. Grandpas ranch is on the river in Hidalgo county and dads place is in Starr and Jim Hogg. Luckily dads place is about 3.5 miles inside off a not too busy FM and not off or close to a major highway. so it’s relatively trouble free. It’s ridiculous how many say shoot and shovel. It’s good to hear some sanity when it comes to human life. That hasn’t been prevalent lately. at grandpas it’s been a cluster for some time. It being on the river and all. It’s one of the major crossing areas for two reasons. First, it’s where one of the good size gaps is in the wall and once past the levees they can easily get picked up and disappear into the city of McAllen or mission in minutes. Secondly, the land directly on the other side is owned by a drug cartel boss in Reynosa or something to that effect. I’ve had one close call and I thank God I didn’t have to use deadly force. I used to say the same shoot and shovel bs then realized I was being a jackass.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236827 04/15/21 03:31 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Given the current leadership, you really cannot blame ranchers for taking matters into their own hands. It was handled the same way many years ago. 'Not saying it's right, just saying how it is.

Regarding the cartels, I wish certain priests would develop some testicles, and be able to say no to the $. Corrupt bastards.

with all due respect - not saying it never happens but if folks really think south texas LO's are murdering people on their ranches and burying them? It is not "how it is" - I have been a part of South Texas for too long and know too many ranch owners - that is not happening - they would never risk everything they have - folklore

I have been a part of South Tx all of my life, hunted pretty much every County on the border over the last 40 yrs.

Yes, in the past, a lot of land owners have taken human life when they felt they had to, and buried them never to be found. That's a fact.

Only killed people that needed killing according to them, over & done. You steal, you cheat, you don't keep your word, you have to answer for that.

Won't go into detail, but I have met some pretty serious people whom I respect when it comes to this subject.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Mike Honcho] #8236838 04/15/21 03:46 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
TLK I’m sorry to hear about your troubles, and I can empathize with you. Grandpas ranch is on the river in Hidalgo county and dads place is in Starr and Jim Hogg. Luckily dads place is about 3.5 miles inside off a not too busy FM and not off or close to a major highway. so it’s relatively trouble free. It’s ridiculous how many say shoot and shovel. It’s good to hear some sanity when it comes to human life. That hasn’t been prevalent lately. at grandpas it’s been a cluster for some time. It being on the river and all. It’s one of the major crossing areas for two reasons. First, it’s where one of the good size gaps is in the wall and once past the levees they can easily get picked up and disappear into the city of McAllen or mission in minutes. Secondly, the land directly on the other side is owned by a drug cartel boss in Reynosa or something to that effect. I’ve had one close call and I thank God I didn’t have to use deadly force. I used to say the same shoot and shovel bs then realized I was being a jackass.

I used to love going to Reynosa.

The Shoot Shovel & Shut Up stuff, is not nonsense.

It is necessary.

Lots of evil people with their minds focused on evil things, WAY more than here.

Lots of folks can't except that fact.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: skinnerback] #8236843 04/15/21 03:55 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by skinnerback

It is necessary.

Lots of evil people with their minds focused on evil things, WAY more than here.

It is necessary If it’s self defense. I’m specifically talking about the people that advocate for shooting whoever and whenever.

There are a lot of evil people in this world foreign and domestic.

That is correct skin. I can say I know of several ranches that I would highly advise that you don’t step a foot on their property without an invitation or you will only leave by the grace of God.

Been fishing lately? Might be going to port a soon wouldn’t mind having a drink if your available.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Mike Honcho] #8236852 04/15/21 04:05 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef

It is necessary.

It is necessary If it’s self defense. I’m specifically talking about the people that advocate for shooting whoever and whenever.

That is correct skin. I can say I know of several ranches that I would highly advise that you don’t step a foot on their property without an invitation or you will only leave by the grace of God.

Been fishing lately? Might be going to port a soon wouldn’t mind having a drink if your available.

No Sir, I have not been fishing lately. It would be cool to meet you though, drink or not. up

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236862 04/15/21 04:29 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
They would not be welcome in my camp or on my lease ever......I would turn them back at gunpoint or they can wait for the BP.......I'm glad I don't have to put up with any on this BS on the Pitchfork.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236863 04/15/21 04:29 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by tlk

If anyone doubts that it is a mess on the border check this out.

Our camp near Eagle Pass - been there 13 years with no issues until this past season. We had illegals walking into our camp at night while we were sitting around the fire. They would demand water and food - pretty bold - they also would unplug our outside lights at night and plug in their IPhones to recharge them.

Then last week we found this - took a tire and threw it through the mobile home window - took a ladder and went into the home and stole things - also are cutting fences on a regular basis

Anyone who thinks things are not scary down there and out of control need to get a grip - it is bad

[Linked Image]

I really don't like dealing with human feces. I have grown tired of trying to accompany people that shouldn't be here.

Doors unlocked, food/water/blankets/wood/firestarter.....what do they do? They pile up and [censored] in your cabin (chit in the shower) and lean up against the outside of your cabin and the whole fam damily just takes a big ol' chit right there. Throws toilet paper everywhere, along with all of the rest of their trash which includes dirty diapers and water bottles. Grass grows. You don't see the piles of human [censored] until you hit them with the weedeater and it splatters all over your face with a little toilet paper. You have no running water to clean up. Your anger grows......

If I was a guest on someone else's ground and really had to go.........dig a hole. Crap in it, cover it up good.

Nope, not these folks. They just throw their [censored] all over the ground. No respect whatsoever.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8236873 04/15/21 04:42 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
They would not be welcome in my camp or on my lease ever......I would turn them back at gunpoint or they can wait for the BP.......I'm glad I don't have to put up with any on this BS on the Pitchfork.....

Maybe next year I can throw my little ones in the truck and come meet you. That would be cool.

Gotta watch out for my 10 yr old boy though, he's a good shot. grin

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: skinnerback] #8236885 04/15/21 05:05 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by tlk

Our camp near Eagle Pass - been there 13 years with no issues until this past season. We had illegals walking into our camp at night while we were sitting around the fire. They would demand water and food - pretty bold - they also would unplug our outside lights at night and plug in their IPhones to recharge them.

Then last week we found this - took a tire and threw it through the mobile home window - took a ladder and went into the home and stole things - also are cutting fences on a regular basis

Anyone who thinks things are not scary down there and out of control need to get a grip - it is bad

[Linked Image]

I really don't like dealing with human feces. I have grown tired of trying to accompany people that shouldn't be here.

Doors unlocked, food/water/blankets/wood/firestarter.....what do they do? They pile up and [censored] in your cabin (chit in the shower) and lean up against the outside of your cabin and the whole fam damily just takes a big ol' chit right there. Throws toilet paper everywhere, along with all of the rest of their trash which includes dirty diapers and water bottles. Grass grows. You don't see the piles of human [censored] until you hit them with the weedeater and it splatters all over your face with a little toilet paper. You have no running water to clean up. Your anger grows......

If I was a guest on someone else's ground and really had to go.........dig a hole. Crap in it, cover it up good.

Nope, not these folks. They just throw their [censored] all over the ground. No respect whatsoever.

Yeah I agree. What gets me more than anything is we put ladders so they wouldn’t mess up the HF and I swear they refuse to use them. Can’t tell me they don’t have ladders in central and South America!

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Mike Honcho] #8236899 04/15/21 05:23 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by tlk

[Linked Image]

Yeah I agree. What gets me more than anything is we put ladders so they wouldn’t mess up the HF and I swear they refuse to use them. Can’t tell me they don’t have ladders in central and South America!

Many, don't care about ladders. That HF is just another obstacle in their life and they will cut a hole in it without thinking twice. They don't care unless they get caught. I have talked to more than a few that "off the record" will tell you straight up [censored] those fences and the people that put them there.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236901 04/15/21 05:28 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I don’t doubt that. At one time we had one every 100 yds on south fence line. For the first 6 months They looked untouched. The fence on the other hand looked like a heard of wildebeest ran through it.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236902 04/15/21 05:32 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
I believe in helping folks.

I also believe in hanging folks if they're guilty.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236926 04/15/21 09:22 AM
HuntFish512 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
It may seem counter productive, but grew up hunting near junction. we always had occasional illegals on the property. Generally very co operative if caught. We had a small shack we left open, inside it had a water hose, canned food and medical supplies. It had some notes in Spanish and mandarin(we found quite a few Asians over the years). That note said please take what you need and rest/recover but do not steal(and that actually worked for the most part) it also had a phone number to the local border patrol agent and the sheriff. tbh they called them a lot for help. At that point after being ditched by the coyotes they were ready to go home. Not saying its a sure bet that could help today but I know it worked then.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236966 04/15/21 11:14 AM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Sorry about tlk as everybody knows elections have consequences and unfortunately we are stuck with the worst.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Mike Honcho] #8236971 04/15/21 11:25 AM
tlk Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

It is necessary.

This - defending yourself is one thing and if I was forced to do it believe me I would - but I sure as heck would notify the authorities -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: skinnerback] #8236978 04/15/21 11:35 AM
1955 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
That’s sad ! 😟

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8236989 04/15/21 11:48 AM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I agree sir but herein lies the problem.
Call the BP and see what response you get right now!
Thanks to our everything is unicorns and pretty smelling flowers leadership our BP is completely overwhelmed right now.
My buddies have a lease near Spofford and had 6 of them walking down the ranch road towards camp. They called the BP and the response was something like this....

BP - We are very much overwhelmed and can't get there. Are you armed?
Hunters - Yes we are.
BP - Make sure your weapon(s) are visible as they approach and tell them to move along.
Hunters - Yes sir, no problem.

Our leadership in this country is absolutely out of their damn minds and sitting in DC some 1500 miles away from the TX/Mexico border doesn't allow for the TRUTH & REALITY of what is really happening to hit home to these people!

TLK, very sorry for the crap you had to deal with. My only suggestion would be to leave the place unlocked and leave plenty of water and canned food for them and hopefully the next time they will not damage/destroy your property. If you lock it up tight and even put bars on the windows and doors they will find a way to get it or God for bid, burn it to the ground. My BIL used to have 2000+ acres north of Bracketville and it was an ongoing battle with them. To the point that they would steal their blankets and pillows off the damn beds, take them out into the pasture to sleep the night and then the family would find the things months later when they flew the place.

It is going to get much worse before it gets better......you can bet on it!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237019 04/15/21 12:10 PM
C
ChrisG Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Other than physically being there to catch them and keep them moving.

Is there any other way to keep them from coming on to you property?

It just seems like leaving food, water, and shelter would only make your camp one of the hot spots along the freedom trail.

The only issue I have witness was the drug runners cut truck sized holes and drove thru my friends high game fence around George West.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237041 04/15/21 12:28 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by tlk

[Linked Image]

thats been going on for years, at least 30 that I know of hanged

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: colt45-90] #8237086 04/15/21 12:50 PM
tlk Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by colt45
Originally Posted by tlk

[Linked Image]

been down there for years - never have seen anything remotely close to what went on this last season. Sure it has happened in the past but nothing like now

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237093 04/15/21 12:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by colt45
Originally Posted by tlk

[Linked Image]

been down there for years - never have seen anything remotely close to what went on this last season. Sure it has happened in the past but nothing like now

Yes but not to same extent.

A) different class of people crossing then before
B) numbers are explosive

I have a friend that’s moving off his ranch and into town. His house has been broken into three times last 30 days. Luckily his wife and kids weren’t home. 7th generation rancher. His wife’s a school teacher.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237125 04/15/21 01:11 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Fortunately for us I hope, we are not in a travel area. In the 14 years we have owned our place we have never seen evidence of them on the ground, never seen them in person and had a whopping 1 trail cam picture of someone filling their water jug out of our water trough.

We built a camp house inside of a metal building, no windows and we dont leave anything outside to be used as a tool to break in.

In the end, I believe if they are there and want in they will get in. I could easily break into anything we have with motive and a little time.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237127 04/15/21 01:11 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Hmmm. Sounds like the Mayflower has landed again.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237146 04/15/21 01:20 PM
K
kphilli66 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Seems like it is time to label cartels as terrorist, and use the military that is here to end some of the BS along the border, but I don't think the government wants to end something that gets pockets lined with money to turn a blind eye and say the police force will deal with it. We have so many military that is in need of job's, they are trained, use them and end this crap, stop playing patty cake and get serious.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8237147 04/15/21 01:21 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Cracks me up that the majority of America doesn't see what is going on. They aren't doing this on accident....these folks crossing right now will be voting before this term is over. Let that sink in and guess who they will vote for...pro tip - not the ones that wanted them to stay home wink

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide