Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: soooo] #8231218 04/09/21 08:58 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by soooo
On the news last night the report said the brace turns a pistol into a rifle. Ch. 4 i think. A network report said it makes them more accurate, so more deadly.

You think you've seen "experts" on the news informing the public on all kinds of misinformation about guns in the past? 2021 says, "here. Hold my beer."

Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8233274 04/12/21 02:13 AM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Looks like they’re going after them, but as pointed out in the other thread the bump stock EO Trump did back in 2017 got struck down as unconstitutional. So maybe this one will to.

What? when did bump stocks become legal again? How did I miss this?

They didn’t become legal again. The ruling was struck down as unconstitutional in ONE federal district court. Here’s the rub. The ruling applies only to states within that district and IS NOT binding on all other federal districts. Only SCOTUS decisions are binding on the entire country. Following all the lawsuits in California in the 9th district has been educational to say the least.

Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: Earl] #8236169 04/14/21 06:04 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Earl
They won't be illegal period, ever end of story. ATF does not pass laws, they do not legislate. It can't stand up in court. You can't say one thing on one day - it's ok it's not an SBR go ahead and manufacture it, then after 4 million are on the streets say - oh, that's illegal now. If Biden had put hundreds of judges on the bench, he might get away with it. But Trump put those conservative judges there, not Biden and they won't stand for it.

You live in Texas a state where the Governor will before this so call "rule" is ever proposed sign into law a Sanctuary Law that will declare Texas a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State similar to what Arizona has done. State and Local law enforcement, Sheriffs, etc will all be directed to NOT enforce Biden's illegal rules. And there isn't a thing they can do about it either because they are the ones that set the precedent with Sanctuary Cities.

The Sheriff here in Collin County has gone on record numerous times stating that he will not enforce any illegal laws that undermine the 2nd Amendment.

So unless you have done something else to get federal authorities on your case, no one will enforce it. Believe me, the ATF and FBI will have enough on their hands over the next 4 years dealing with other things that happen as a result of open borders than to worry about enforcing rules on pistol braces in states where the authorities will not.

Those that panic and sell such guns are doing exactly what they want. They WANT people to be scared into getting rid of them. They want them to be removed from the market as far as manufacture and selling is concerned (and they will I'm sure manage to restrict manufacture/distribution until the ruling is overturned I'm sure).

There is no way in hell that the idiot that he nominated to run the AFT (Biden's stupid name for the ATF) will pass Senate confirmation. It ain't gonna happen. There is a reason that there hasn't been a Senate confirmed head of ATF in 7 years, no one can get confirmed! You've already seen one Senate Confirmation not happen because of past comments a nominee has made, wait till they try with him. He deleted thousands of online tweets and messages already but copies are out there just as they were with Tanden - not to mention his comments that people should be arrested BEFORE they commit a crime, that we store our guns until the zombies attack, that the Branch Dividians shot down FBI helicopters at Waco, etc. I could go on and on about that fool.

The downfall (beauty) about Executive Orders (or ATF "rulings") are that they can be undone as easily as they were done. Even Biden in his senile stupidity knows this. He knows he doesn't have the votes to get anything thru the Senate in regards to gun control, so this is what he's doing to placate the gun control nuts that make up his base.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
They are not illegal now...but most likely will be soon...until it gets to the courts. Once it hits the courts, who knows. Can't say we didn't expect this. Total BS.

Well said.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8236393 04/14/21 08:50 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
So maybe someone can clear this up. I’ve read about as much as I care to on the 2A sanctuary state. Every thing I have read indicates that the states are posturing and state law cannot supersede federal law. Now I look at marijuana. It’s illegal at federal level but multiple states have legalized it. So what’s the skinny?

I do think that even if states act upon the 2A sanctuary status. It will be like what Fireman described. Feds cannot go about this alone, and it essentially has no teeth.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: Mike Honcho] #8236410 04/14/21 09:04 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Abbott would forbid federal law enforcement from enforcing unconstitutional Presidential executive orders.

So no, they have no teeth, they are just words.

Cali and Colorado not enforcing marijuana laws. Cali not enforcing immigration laws. Texas not enforcing firearm laws.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: No more AR Pistols ??? [Re: Mike Honcho] #8237176 04/15/21 01:41 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
So maybe someone can clear this up. I’ve read about as much as I care to on the 2A sanctuary state. Every thing I have read indicates that the states are posturing and state law cannot supersede federal law. Now I look at marijuana. It’s illegal at federal level but multiple states have legalized it. So what’s the skinny?

I do think that even if states act upon the 2A sanctuary status. It will be like what Fireman described. Feds cannot go about this alone, and it essentially has no teeth.

These sanctuary laws or ordinances basically declare that NO state, county, or city resources will be used to HELP the feds with enforcement. States cannot forcibly stop feds from enforcing federal laws.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide