Hey Dove Hunter,

What do your spots look like?

Are they logging trails, clear cuts, pipeline what are we looking at?

Feeder pens are great, but for my pens it took some time for the deer to hit it during the day, im talking i set it up last season and this December now having good action.

At my spot i got 2 feeders about a 100 yards apart, 1 penned up and the other not. when i first put the pen in the deer only hit the open feeder and 1 young deer hit the pen. at that time i only had the camera at the penned up feeder and was worried deer weren't coming. moved the camera to the open feeder and had a good amount of deer coming in and last month now they are going to both feeders so not sure if i did something right or it just took time.

I would also recommend putting your camera away from the pen and corn the area, we will have some big bucks hit feeders other just check them out from a distance but will hit hand thrown corn away from feeders. if you can get a spreader and corn a good sized area and see how that works, ive had really good luck corning a good distance from feeders and deer come out and seem more comfortable with it. just got to stay on top of it since it will go fast

Invest in a camera that sends you pictures as well, it helped me see if the things i was trying was working or not and i could be prepared to fix it next time i went up to the lease instead of getting up there checking the camera and try to find the fix in the small town we are in.

If all else fails, 1 thing thing i keep seeing work, is be the last person to fill your feeder. i have no idea why but for the last 3 years we always have 1 guy who sets up a new spot during hunting season or like we can have 2 spots on our lease and someone will wait to fill their second spot till mid October or later and those spots will pull in more deer then spots that have been feeding all year. they will even pull the in the big bucks too. i dont know why this is but it always happens and if i had to guess its something to do with the pigs. Even with the pens i still got pigs in the area and they travel a good distance to hit all the feeders in their travel route. We will have to same group travel to 4 different stands and just make a habit of always hitting them but its like they wont hit new spots for awhile since they arent on their normal travel route.