I guess this is sort of a "do-it-yourself" project since I'm doing (have done) a lot of the work so far and plan to until the end.
We purchased an old Sinclair station back in May and took possession in August. The station had, unfortunately, been neglected for many years due to the previous owner's lack of funds. We first spent 2 weeks getting the buildings emptied out so we could get a handle on what was needed for the renovation. The additional building was originally a regional oil distribution center and is probably going to end up requiring more rehab than the station. After emptying everything that the previous owner's left the roof on the station was replaced and when they pulled off the bad roof, 99% of the water damage was restricted to the main office area. So that's been addressed and the roof is all set and no more leaks.
Part of the original tile roof trim was removed years ago, but fortunately the previous owner just left the tiles on the roof. We removed those and are going to re-do the original tile trim, and found a supply for the original 1937 tiles and secured them.
The interior of the station was full of clutter, we have removed all that and have pressure washed the interior bay and the paint is coming off quite nicely with a pressure washer, so plans are to re-paint the bay to the original green/white color scheme.
The one exterior bathroom had been boarded up for more than 30 years. We removed the steel plate, and shoveled out loads of debris. After all the junk was taken out, the majority of the stall woodwork is going to need minimal repair to restore. The door is totally gone, so it's getting replaced.
The interior of the secondary building had been paneled over the years and pulling that out was a pain, but we got down to the original walls pretty quick. Once everything is pulled completely, plans are to go back with runners and sheetrock/insulate the interior. Going to replace the ceilings and sprayfoam insulate the buildings.