Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Bullfrog] #8039815 11/06/20 12:01 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
It’s just mismatched equipment Dan

Agreed. I was just taken the OP's word that his inspector told him that two different types of refrigerant were in the system. He might have mistaken what he was told.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Texas Dan] #8039819 11/06/20 12:03 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
It’s just mismatched equipment Dan

Agreed. I was just taken the OP's word that his inspector told him that two different types of refrigerant were in the system. He might have mistaken what he was told.

Make sure its your inspector and not their inspector.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8039842 11/06/20 12:19 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
It’s abviously rated for 410. It’s lasted this long. That’s just the coil itself though. I bet you there is some pretty nasty rust and crud in the pan that you can’t see without opening it up.

If it were my house, obviously would prefer new equipment based on that. We don’t know if it’s gas or electric, or the service history of it. Peace of mind is huge. Like said above, get an inspection to back your claim and either get new equipment or get a price reduction if you can.

Even R410A will be phased out before long as well. Gotta keep the economy moving, naw’m sayin.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8039846 11/06/20 12:23 AM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Make sure to get a home warranty as part of closing. Have had them on all my home purchases and have used them numerous times on a/c system, appliances, etc. WAY more than paid for them every time.

[Linked Image]
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8039852 11/06/20 12:26 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
Make sure to get a home warranty as part of closing. Have had them on all my home purchases and have used them numerous times on a/c system, appliances, etc. WAY more than paid for them every time.

Nailed it.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Bullfrog] #8039882 11/06/20 12:52 AM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
It’s abviously rated for 410. It’s lasted this long. That’s just the coil itself though. I bet you there is some pretty nasty rust and crud in the pan that you can’t see without opening it up.

If it were my house, obviously would prefer new equipment based on that. We don’t know if it’s gas or electric, or the service history of it. Peace of mind is huge. Like said above, get an inspection to back your claim and either get new equipment or get a price reduction if you can.

Even R410A will be phased out before long as well. Gotta keep the economy moving, naw’m sayin.

You are correct. The next big thing will have hydrocarbons in it. Isobutane I believe. But without fracking...... oh nevermind.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Lazyjack] #8040002 11/06/20 02:15 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Lazyjack

You are correct. The next big thing will have hydrocarbons in it. Isobutane I believe. But without fracking...... oh nevermind.

Never would I have connected hvac to fracking. Interesting. But yes. They’re ALL going to blends that contain at least 5 different virgin refrigerants. R22 works very, very well as a virgin but when you insert politics. . . . . this is what you get. I work around a lot of multi family and I’ve seen them charge units 100’s of times with vapor, while feeling the low side. It’s freakin maddening. If it’s that easy for someone who doesn’t understand the basics to mess up units, I’m quite certain it’s just as easy for the commercial side to get the same yahoos working on stuff.

Same guys using sand paper while brazing. . . sort of thing.

[Linked Image]
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8040337 11/06/20 02:00 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P

purty sure it already is in autos. 1234yf

Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: bill oxner] #8040603 11/06/20 05:14 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork

Nailed it.

You two (or one because my guess is Bill is talking out of his donkey and has never had a home warranty...if he has he's foolish because he's sitting on a mountain of wealth to hear him talk about it) have had better experience than I have. I couldn't get quality service from any home warranty repair facility and have come to the conclusion the contractors who work for home warranty companies do so because they suck and couldn't survive otherwise. I've had three in the last 20 years and have argued with everyone of them. The last came with a new to us home purchase...it only took 4 trips for them to fix a refrigerator after the initial trip out they told me I had the settings set to cold, only to look at me stupidly when I asked if it was too cold why did the manufacturer allow that setting to be chosen? rofl

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Poppa] #8040662 11/06/20 06:07 PM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Poppa

purty sure it already is in autos. 1234yf

You sir are correct. Commercial refrigeration also.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: bill oxner] #8042426 11/08/20 02:57 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
I had one in a new house in New Orleans that was simply underpowered. It need to be replaced.

A few things have changed in the last 50 years

The house is still there.

I looked it up for you. Bought it for $50,000. Sold it for $75,000. Its now listed at $393,0000.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8042428 11/08/20 03:00 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Bill, did you plant those trees?

[Linked Image]
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: Bullfrog] #8042436 11/08/20 03:09 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bill, did you plant those trees?

The ones in the back. The builder planted two pine trees for every house on the street. I planted one for my house in New Orleans. I now covers the entire front yard.

[Linked Image]

Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8042461 11/08/20 03:46 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
That’s got to be cool to see them all these years later and think, “I did that”

[Linked Image]
Re: A/C Help!!!! [Re: HunterMattW2] #8042487 11/08/20 04:48 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I tried to look up the one in LA but had to sign in. I don't do sign-ins. The address is 36 Antigua Drive, Kenner, LA. It was my second house after moving from Dallas.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide