I've met Preston. He told me Chase was promoted to Lieutenant and is teaching at the Academy.

Here's the deal re the neighbor. While I wish he didn't do what he does, I believe that it is his property and he can do as he damn well pleases. I have a 100 yard range that we occasionally use. I and grown grandsons occasionally, not real often, shoot pistols and rifles. The only difference in us is that I quit shooting about September 1. He starts about the first weekend of bow season.

Here is how it started about 18 years ago. My now 21 year old Grandson was there and he started down the steps going outside. One of his dogs, a shepherd, was there and started growling and showing it's teeth at he kid. I grabbed the kid and got him back inside. As we went in, I saw his other dogs leaving and we were between them. I grabbed a gun and shot the damn thing. I didn't tell him but I guess he figured out who did it. I had already asked him to keep his dogs off my place after I saw them chasing deer and my horses. The weekend shooting started the next deer season.

Again, I do as I damn well please on my place and he can do as he pleases on his place.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP