Bobby Barnett

Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7962112 09/05/20 02:37 AM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Yep. I think this is year 4...

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7962844 09/06/20 02:09 AM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by rickym
With all the trolls and bs from certain members going on, can this section of the forum be taken seriously any longer? Seems like 50% of the post are egotistical clowns or just flat out trolls.
I can’t be the only one losing interest.

I am underwhelmed by your command of the obvious, I don't think much has changed. The volume of good stuff goes up and down with the season. It can be good again, cheer up.

...and you brought garret out of hiding

Re: Migratory OT [Re: ndhunter] #7965152 09/08/20 02:09 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ndhunter
With all the trolls and bs from certain members going on, can this section of the forum be taken seriously any longer? Seems like 50% of the post are egotistical clowns or just flat out trolls.

I am underwhelmed by your command of the obvious, I don't think much has changed. The volume of good stuff goes up and down with the season. It can be good again, cheer up.

hopefully rick lets me stick around and doesn't run me off

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7966518 09/09/20 01:07 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted by garrett
I've been gone to long, ya'll just dont remember all my helpful posts leading the new guys on the straight and narrow.

Can confirm this. Uncle G taught me everything important about duck hunting. Like spoony's are the green head of central Texas, and if you ever wanna take your kids to see the Barney show just go to Granger opening morning.

I will say if your trying to learn how to duck hunt from a forum, your screwed anyways. Nothing Kwood is going to say here will teach you how to ID ducks, find productive areas, or be consistently successful. It's all done with time, and if your not smart enough to pick up on the jokes maybe you should stick to DU articles.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: tdogg] #7966528 09/09/20 01:19 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by tdogg
I've been gone to long, ya'll just dont remember all my helpful posts leading the new guys on the straight and narrow.

Can confirm this. Uncle G taught me everything important about duck hunting. Like spoony's are the green head of central Texas, and if you ever wanna take your kids to see the Barney show just go to Granger opening morning.

I will say if your trying to learn how to duck hunt from a forum, your screwed anyways. Nothing Kwood is going to say here will teach you how to ID ducks, find productive areas, or be consistently successful. It's all done with time, and if your not smart enough to pick up on the jokes maybe you should stick to DU articles.

Lake namer! trout

[Linked Image]
Re: Migratory OT [Re: Hopedale] #7966569 09/09/20 01:47 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Whoops must've slipped. It's all good though I'm already sleeping in my teal hole for the opener.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7966644 09/09/20 02:32 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by ndhunter

hopefully rick lets me stick around and doesn't run me off

Did you ever find a wealthy woman to marry? Thought that was what you were hunting before your disappearance.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7966658 09/09/20 02:40 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
ndhunter, I messed up and married another poor one...my next time confused2

Tyler, I saw a picture of your spot, looks like a magnet for birds.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Migratory OT [Re: tdogg] #7966942 09/09/20 05:17 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

[Linked Image]

Re: Migratory OT [Re: ducknbass] #7966997 09/09/20 05:47 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by ducknbass

[Linked Image]

X2

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7967068 09/09/20 06:22 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I missed the DU sticker deal the first time, well played

Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7967591 09/09/20 11:47 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
speaking of trolling I always forget I have that sig line haha

I see you updated it... I know you slacken over the years, but at least keep sig line updated..

Re: Migratory OT [Re: Guy] #7967615 09/09/20 11:57 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Guy
speaking of trolling I always forget I have that sig line haha

I see you updated it... I know you slacken over the years, but at least keep sig line updated..

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

[Linked Image]
Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7968714 09/10/20 06:35 PM
P
pine knott Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Go to Ark. forums if you want to see some stuff.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7968745 09/10/20 06:55 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Interesting group on Arkansas forum

Re: Migratory OT [Re: tdogg] #7969068 09/11/20 12:00 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Can confirm this. Uncle G taught me everything important about duck hunting. Like spoony's are the green head of central Texas.

And ringer is central Texas pintail? Man, both you guys love to shoot them ringers. roflmao

Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7973171 09/14/20 01:49 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I told you I was on them. Wish I had more guns this morning, quick shoot. Not exactly spoonies, but they all got blue wings. [Linked Image]

Re: Migratory OT [Re: rickym] #7973245 09/14/20 02:48 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
what did you do with the spoonies?

Re: Migratory OT [Re: 2flyfish4] #7973314 09/14/20 03:22 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
....And it takes a lot of hard work and money to get successful at shooting ducks.

Nonsense.

There's so many public spots to hunt, hunting ducks can be as easy as hunting dove. You just need someone to show you how to do it. I've seen so much cheap used gear on craigslist over the past few years a hunter could get kitted out a heck of a lot cheaper nowadays than years past.

Pumping young hunters with nonsense or lies about hunting diminishes the value of a forum. my $.02, tifwii

Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7973354 09/14/20 03:41 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Sanded down the bills,painted the feet and threw them in the pile.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: aerangis] #7973465 09/14/20 05:19 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Yes in regards to gear you can spend as much or as little as you want.

It really just depends on what you consider success. Some guys are just happy to get out there and if they shoot a couple ducks even better. We all know the lakes that draw crowds of hunters to fight over a handful of ducks. If your ok with hunting the same cove with several other groups and competing over the few birds its holding then more power to ya. Thats not why I go hunting and that [censored] drives me crazy.

My post is mainly referencing guys that hunt 3,4,5 days a week and shoot near limits or limits on public land. To have that success you will spend alot of time and money (gas) to stay on top of the birds. Thankfully gas is realities cheap right now but I can still run through a $50 bucks or so in gas every hunt. Not uncommon for me to drive a hundred miles one way for a morning hunt. It adds up when your hunting multiple days a week.

And as far as I'm concerned it takes more than someone showing new hunters how to do it. We are hunting wild birds that can and do travel hundreds of miles in any given day. If there is pressure or poor conditions they don't stick around. The principles of duck hunting are very easy. Find the birds and hunt where they want to be and you'll shoot ducks. The effort, time and money comes with how far you are willing to go to find those birds, especially in years where conditions are less than ideal.

I'm not trying to fill anyone's head with nonsense. One of the reasons you find all that gently used gear for sale is bc people find out really quick that public land duck hunting isn't like the duck dynasty duck hunts.

Last edited by 2flyfish4; 09/14/20 05:24 PM.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Migratory OT [Re: garrett] #7973578 09/14/20 06:49 PM
R
rickym Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
what did you do with the spoonies?

Maybe not a troll post, but a troll sig line. You and guy seem to be in love with me now days.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: 2flyfish4] #7973631 09/14/20 07:36 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
Yes in regards to gear you can spend as much or as little as you want.

It really just depends on what you consider success. Some guys are just happy to get out there and if they shoot a couple ducks even better. We all know the lakes that draw crowds of hunters to fight over a handful of ducks. If your ok with hunting the same cove with several other groups and competing over the few birds its holding then more power to ya. Thats not why I go hunting and that [censored] drives me crazy.

My post is mainly referencing guys that hunt 3,4,5 days a week and shoot near limits or limits on public land. To have that success you will spend alot of time and money (gas) to stay on top of the birds. Thankfully gas is realities cheap right now but I can still run through a $50 bucks or so in gas every hunt. Not uncommon for me to drive a hundred miles one way for a morning hunt. It adds up when your hunting multiple days a week.

And as far as I'm concerned it takes more than someone showing new hunters how to do it. We are hunting wild birds that can and do travel hundreds of miles in any given day. If there is pressure or poor conditions they don't stick around. The principles of duck hunting are very easy. Find the birds and hunt where they want to be and you'll shoot ducks. The effort, time and money comes with how far you are willing to go to find those birds, especially in years where conditions are less than ideal.

I'm not trying to fill anyone's head with nonsense. One of the reasons you find all that gently used gear for sale is bc people find out really quick that public land duck hunting isn't like the duck dynasty duck hunts.

fly, I couldnt agree more with most of what you've said. Particularly the part about duck hunting and duck dynasty. Not so much that it's harder than on the show (it can be) but from losing its coolness since the hysteria over duck dynasty has dissipated. There's always people that get into hunting ducks or other game and for whatever reasons give it up.

For the most part, folks I know that stick with it grew up hunting.

Re: Migratory OT [Re: aerangis] #7973774 09/14/20 09:34 PM
T
tdogg Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
aerangis I'm curious how much do you typically spend a season on duck hunting? I know last year between up keep of boat, trailer, storage, shells, two pairs of waders, pulsators, hotel rooms, gas, wear and tear on truck (mileage) I spent over $4,000. I also spent easily as much time scouting as I did hunting typically 8-10 hours a week. I ended my season with an average of 2.8 hunters per hunt and a 13 duck average. To me that's a considerable amount of time and money being that I'm in my twenties. Everything is relative so what do you consider not a lot of money and being successful?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide