Forums46
Topics538,235
Posts9,734,649
Members87,075
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: aerangis] #7895693 07/09/20 07:02 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by aerangis
Originally Posted by majekman
I too am a FOP (aka senior citizen) with several high high risk health issues. I continue to live my life as I please and see fit. I’ve never lived in fear of anything and not about to start now. If I get the kung flu and kick out. So be it. Must be my time.

Majek, you're a heck of a lot ballsier than I am in old age. I've endured a number of life threatening issues and took it with a grain of salt when I was a young man. I had the mindset that if I wasnt sick to my stomach with fear, hands shaking, I wasnt having fun (which is why I went in the service). Now that I'm able to retire and have the resources to enjoy it and do the things I never had the time or means to do before, I want to make the most of it.

Aside from my own health concerns, wearing a mask shows a willingness to put others above ones self. If the mask makes people more comfortable I'm happy to wear it. Just as I'm willing to share knowledge or experiences. If it helps one person its time well spent.

As far as shutting everything down, my doc friends explain it as a means to minimize the impact on a limited resource; healthcare services. Our country lacks the infrastructure to treat a multitude of people, particularly those that lack insurance or the funds to pay for it. And most counties lack a county hospital district to provide healthcare for the indigent. Its that simple.

Aerangis, very good post as far as im concerned.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Texas buckeye] #7895703 07/09/20 07:08 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
This quote from Matty is missed by alot. Some of us on here will talk about the "other side" or make an analogy involving the "other side" and we get jumped on cause for some unknown reason they think we take the other side.
From Matty-- "In order to be for something, you really need to be more educated about the 'against', in order to double check our innate biases."

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: mattyg06] #7895718 07/09/20 07:17 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by mattyg06
This is an interesting opposing view on the the evidence of mask wearing from someone that has been known to be a contraian and questions the established 'wisdom'. The concern is you can hardly find the article any longer.

Because CV19 is a weapon, a political weapon. More and more info is scrubbed from the internet by the day. It's the medical equivalent to tearing down statues & burning books.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: mattyg06] #7895735 07/09/20 07:37 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Originally Posted by majekman
Originally Posted by don k
Originally Posted by Palehorse
From Fox news this morning

Wearing a mask cuts risk by 65%

I did a study myself and it showed that wearing a mask does squat except for making the mask crowd happy.

Credentials please.....

Before reading the following keep in mind just because I question something, doesn't necessarily mean I would stake my life on it....

It's odd to me how the opposing view on the utility of masks is being censored. I, by nature, am a skeptic, generally about all things. I prefer to take a contraian view on most subjects to get a better understanding of the topic in general. In order to be for something, you really need to be more educated about the 'against', in order to double check our innate biases.

What is a bit disturbing to me, in regards to Corona, is how a lot of the scientific debate has been stifled by various entities. Even within several doctors groups I am a member of, there is very little back and forth quoting actual articles. Instead there is a lot of sentiment.

This is an interesting opposing view on the the evidence of mask wearing from someone that has been known to be a contraian and questions the established 'wisdom'. The concern is you can hardly find the article any longer.

https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/features/face-masks-dont-work-revealing-review/

Update: Why Face Masks Don’t Work: A Revealing Review
October 18, 2016
by Oral Health

If you are looking for “Why Face Masks Don’t Work: A Revealing Review” by John Hardie, BDS, MSc, PhD, FRCDC, it has been removed. The content was published in 2016 and is no longer relevant in our current climate.

Please note that the content from Oral Health Group is primarily intended to educate and inform dental professionals.

If you are looking to further educate yourself on the topic of PPE in the dental industry, we invite you to read the articles below:

Understanding Personal Protective Equipment

Federal Government Creates Web Hub For Organizations Buying and Selling PPE

The following link is to a full text of the article with references:

https://eumeswill.wordpress.com/2020/07/09/why-face-masks-dont-work-a-revealing-review/

Geez I must temper my sarcasm I guess....
Nahhhh

Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Texas buckeye] #7896058 07/10/20 12:33 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Wearing a mask has gone from a fad to virtue signaling.

Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Sneaky] #7896063 07/10/20 12:36 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Sneaky

I don't even know what virtue signaling is...

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7896121 07/10/20 01:48 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Telling the world how awesome you are for doing things for other people.

Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Sneaky] #7896156 07/10/20 02:44 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M

I dig it...new term to use on my one and only liberal grandkid. Thanks sneaky

Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Sneaky] #7896323 07/10/20 12:57 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Ok, thanks sneaky.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Mike W] #7896344 07/10/20 01:20 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
What is a bit disturbing to me, in regards to Corona, is how a lot of the scientific debate has been stifled by various entities. Even within several doctors groups I am a member of, there is very little back and forth quoting actual articles. Instead there is a lot of sentiment.

Whats disturbing is WHO demonizing HCQ, both its efficacy and it's risks, and the media's willingness to demonize Trump for touting its use. I was treated with it and it knocked it out in days. And its Chloraquin that poses a health risk, not Hydroxychloraquin (HCQ). The medication has been safely used for years by millions of people worldwide. My doc buddies were flabbargasted at the HCQ nonsense coming out of WHO and labeled it criminal.

Pulling our presence and monetary support of WHO is a smart choice, They're a political entity first and foremost.

Re: Why we wear masks (and wash our hands) [Re: Texas buckeye] #7896396 07/10/20 02:34 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
I have harped we needed to cut from WHO since the beginning of this covid mess and evidence was out there showing they lied about how bad it was in China. Any organization that is complicit with CHina on anything to the detriment of the rest of the world needs to be cut form US funding.

regarding hydroxychloroquine, it isn't exactly without its faults. We do regular retinal exams for users to ensure they don't develop maculopathy. If they develop maculopathy, we usually will have them stop the plaquenil but the retinal changes are not necessarily reversible. These patients can also develop an optic neuropathy which is irreversible damage to the optic nerve which results in loss of vision. Those are two rare but well known ocular manifestations. I know there are other body systems affected, but again risk is rare. There is a middle ground though, and very few people who take it for a short period of time will exhibit problems from it.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide