Forums46
Topics544,043
Posts9,805,933
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: ntxtrapper] #7858183 06/02/20 04:47 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by cbump
I’m guessing not. Since these people weren’t arrested, it was a waste of time.

[Linked Image]

The folks last night were very violent and 50+ arrests were made. The folks tonight were non-violent, they had their say and are dispersing. The curfew is there if it is needed, but it hasn't been thus far. There is a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. If things went south and folks were destroying property, the curfew would allow anyone to be swept up and removed from the area, regardless of what could be proved about their criminal actions such as burglary and arson. That is why it was enacted.

Texas pc 42.02. Riot
There’s already a law there “if needed” for protests that get violent. Who cares about proving burglary or arson? If 7 or more people assemble and it (1) creates an immediate danger of damage to property or injury to persons;

(2) substantially obstructs law enforcement or other governmental functions or services;  or

(3) by force, threat of force, or physical action deprives any person of a legal right or disturbs any person in the enjoyment of a legal right.

Then it’s a riot and a crime.

You don’t need a curfew that you’re only going to enforce if things go bad when there’s already a law you can enforce if things go bad. A higher offense at that.

So imo, waste of time.

Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: ntxtrapper] #7858185 06/02/20 04:57 AM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Dallas County DA just refused to take charges against protestors. They are being released.
I guess City of Dallas curfew is worthless. As is any charge Cruezot refuses to accept.

Last edited by Roll-Tide; 06/02/20 04:58 AM.
Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: ntxtrapper] #7858192 06/02/20 05:04 AM
N
NORML as can be Offline
^^Cut the Cord^^
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
I want my money back for that ticket I got up there last year...

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: Roll-Tide] #7858201 06/02/20 06:20 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Dallas County DA just refused to take charges against protestors. They are being released.
I guess City of Dallas curfew is worthless. As is any charge Cruezot refuses to accept.

Why would a class c misdemeanor be presented to the district attorney's office. Municipal court judges should be the only people making probable cause determinations on that level of offense.

Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: cbump] #7858202 06/02/20 06:35 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I’m guessing not. Since these people weren’t arrested, it was a waste of time.

[Linked Image]

The folks last night were very violent and 50+ arrests were made. The folks tonight were non-violent, they had their say and are dispersing. The curfew is there if it is needed, but it hasn't been thus far. There is a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. If things went south and folks were destroying property, the curfew would allow anyone to be swept up and removed from the area, regardless of what could be proved about their criminal actions such as burglary and arson. That is why it was enacted.

Texas pc 42.02. Riot
There’s already a law there “if needed” for protests that get violent. Who cares about proving burglary or arson? If 7 or more people assemble and it (1) creates an immediate danger of damage to property or injury to persons;

(2) substantially obstructs law enforcement or other governmental functions or services;  or

(3) by force, threat of force, or physical action deprives any person of a legal right or disturbs any person in the enjoyment of a legal right.

Then it’s a riot and a crime.

You don’t need a curfew that you’re only going to enforce if things go bad when there’s already a law you can enforce if things go bad. A higher offense at that.

So imo, waste of time.

Dealing with non-violent protesters, when violent outside anarchists show up who the organizers don't know anything about, is a difficult thing if you want to do the right thing. It's a complicated thing in major metropolitan cities.

Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: ntxtrapper] #7858204 06/02/20 07:20 AM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Why would a class c misdemeanor be presented to the district attorney's office. Municipal court judges should be the only people making probable cause determinations on that level of offense.

The charge was blocking passageway. County charge The curfew was just to discourage and minimize Crowd size.

Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7858486 06/02/20 03:32 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Thanks for the details and background info, Trapper!

x2 thanks trapper

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: 8PM curfew in Fort Worth starts today [Re: NORML as can be] #7858493 06/02/20 03:38 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
I want my money back for that ticket I got up there last year...

Don't. Hold your breath.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide